Page 5 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2013, 5:17 pm

I enjoy good beer,I like them on the bitter side.I tasted a friend's Optimator and it was too sweet.Ive used beer also on fish batter, in shrimp and crab boil,and in bread.My one close friend is a master brewer,lucky me.Ive enjoyed beer at Schaflys in St.Louis,and Free State in Lawrence,KS,great beers.I am not too fond of Diamond Bear from LR,ARK.I feel like a traitor to my state.I never cared for Corona,it tastes flat and bland to me.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2013, 5:24 pm

nick007 wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
sadly mixing booze and meds is not a good idea
Most of the meds I'm on can potentially interact with alcohol so it's probably good I very seldom drink thou I was OK having a couple beers last xMas & I was on most all the meds I'm on now. I still need to be careful thou & I am because I don't drink alcohol fast & only drink a couple beers within a few hours.

well it can go either way I don't think it makes my anxiety worse though I do know now it makes the panic attacks worse. their is a warning of not mixing paxil with booze. :(

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Nov 2013, 5:50 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
nick007 wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
sadly mixing booze and meds is not a good idea
Most of the meds I'm on can potentially interact with alcohol so it's probably good I very seldom drink thou I was OK having a couple beers last xMas & I was on most all the meds I'm on now. I still need to be careful thou & I am because I don't drink alcohol fast & only drink a couple beers within a few hours.

well it can go either way I don't think it makes my anxiety worse though I do know now it makes the panic attacks worse. their is a warning of not mixing paxil with booze. :(
Interesting. I heard alcohol intensifies the effect on anxiety meds like antidepressants, benzopines & blood-pressure meds have. Beer never made my anxiety or panic worse on meds & it made it alittle better when I wasn't on any. I think the interactions beer causes with my meds(& ones I was on in the past) were making me more tired, feeling out of it mentally & maybe lowering my blood-pressure. Beer affects me like that anyways thou even when I'm not on meds but I don't know if it lowers my blood-pressure without meds but think it might lower it some on meds but still not sure.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2013, 6:08 pm

well not only that it can make the meds less effective...

One more try perhaps 2.5 % -3 % girly man beer , well not really Germans will drink a wheat beer at this range a "summer beer" so I guess it's ok . :)

CharityFunDay
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2013, 7:03 pm

Guinness is the food of the Gods.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2013, 8:27 pm

I think anxiety + panic go hand in hand . As does depression my gp reckons it's often 2 sides to one coin, thankful I'm not depressive :)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 12:09 pm

I can't tell any effect with my meds,Lexapro and Ativan.I did with one med I was on in the past,I think it was Lamictal,I would throw up if I drank one beer.
Someone said the real problem is that you pee out the meds and they are less effective,I don't know if this is true or not.And if you take something like Depakote or pain meds with Tylenol it's hard on your liver.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 2:17 pm

i'll check that pee one out never heard of that one...

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 2:26 pm

I think that's why they tell you not to drink while on antibiotics,you flush them out of your system.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 2:44 pm

ok I thought you meant ssri's etc .

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2013, 2:49 pm

I think it applies to all dugs,beer does cause people to pee a lot.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Nov 2013, 12:35 am

I could never drink beer, personally.......... but I may try it if it doesn't wreak havoc with my meds.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."