Page 5 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 11:35 am

sonofghandi wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
God help the affluent if the rest of us ever smarten up, and quit thinking that we're also just billionaires in waiting.

I think the most disturbing part of the article is "with the exception of Romania, no developed country has a higher percent of kids in poverty than we do."

Agreed. :(

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 3:58 pm

As far as a "war on the poor" I think m. Romney said it best: IT'S JUST GOOD BUSINESS.

Rich people are in business to make money. The more money (and according to m.r.: tax breaks as well) the better. If stupid, slow moving people get in the way rich people will run them over or leave them in the dust. What happens to them isn't m. Romney's fault or responsibility; all he's doing is making money legally (following laws he sponsored) and government money to support him is just good for the country. He thinks people should pull themselves up by their own bootstraps like he and his kids have had to do.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 4:26 pm

ZenDen wrote:
As far as a "war on the poor" I think m. Romney said it best: IT'S JUST GOOD BUSINESS.

Rich people are in business to make money. The more money (and according to m.r.: tax breaks as well) the better. If stupid, slow moving people get in the way rich people will run them over or leave them in the dust. What happens to them isn't m. Romney's fault or responsibility; all he's doing is making money legally (following laws he sponsored) and government money to support him is just good for the country. He thinks people should pull themselves up by their own bootstraps like he and his kids have had to do.

Actually it is the responsibility of the government to serve the people, that includes the poor, but I suppose its just better to ignore the problem of poverty and hope it just goes away. Its probably a good thing Mit Romney didn't win the election if he thinks he's so far above social responsibility.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 4:44 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
ZenDen wrote:

Actually it is the responsibility of the government to serve the people, that includes the poor, but I suppose its just better to ignore the problem of poverty and hope it just goes away. Its probably a good thing Mit Romney didn't win the election if he thinks he's so far above social responsibility.

It's time for people to notice that the government representation we receive is far from the days of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. In those days the idea was to throw out the British and build this country. Now politicians are interested in acquiring power and votes and money and the fate of the average American is left in the capable hands of m.romney and republican and democrat friends.

I believe things will get only worse because I can't see any factor that is strong enough to regulate those in power. Except in winning elections politicians don't seem to care at all for the welfare of the people. And as public unions (what a filthy situation) care less about the average citizen than politicians and with the back of the REAL unions broken, it's something close to slavery we'll be seein'.