Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

melmaclorelai
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Nov 2013, 8:47 am

There'd be lots of events and services that I'd enjoy while eliminating all the ones I don't enjoy and it would be filled with like minded people while still giving me enough opportunity to be alone.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 10:13 am

Fallout

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Nov 2013, 3:28 pm

Hmmm...

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 5:35 pm

No unspoken social rules that are confusing and hard to learn
Living alone
Summer all the time
Plenty of screen time, unlimited and uncensored.
Sweets all round!! !

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 6:14 pm

A infinite experience of awareness without your ego, or anyone else's, getting in the way.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
A infinite experience of awareness without your ego, or anyone else's, getting in the way.

that's the best yet :thumleft:

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 3:43 pm

A brownie a day keeps the sadness away... LOL

Engineerbj
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Dec 2013, 12:35 am

Well, if I could pick what my personal heaven would be like, I'd like it to be where I could go anywhere, anytime, past, present, or future, and I could meet and talk with anybody who has or will ever lived, as well as live out a few personal fantasies. I'd like share a drink with Einstein, Stephen Hawking, Newton, Isambard Kingdom Brunel, and Da Vinci (maybe a few more depending on how big the bar is) and try and learn something from each of them. Then it'd be round two and I'd do the same with some aliens ("ET not pick up tab").

Then I'd like to go back in time to see my hometown in its heyday and watch the steam trains roll by and visit the roundhouse and shops, then go take a few rides on some of the old ocean liners like the Titanic or the SS United States, then maybe go see Mars back in the distant past (presumably when it was wet and might've had somebody to talk to there...just saying...)

Before any of that, and all the other things I'd do but don't have the space to describe, I'd like to meet my Grandpa and all the other family members I've heard about but never got to meet, as well as catch up with my buddies who'll probably get up there before I do. Ditto for all my pets and animal friends long departed and sorely missed.

Yep, it'd be one big family reunion, then I go spend the rest of eternity exploring, learning, and having a nice time, with a few of my favorite steam engines along the way (I'd be sure to look out for Walt Disney and Ward Kimball, they loved 'em too, and I'd want to stop and talk trains with them sometime...)

purplefeet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Dec 2013, 5:15 pm

Living in one of those cute tiny homes. Making it comfy and cosy. Log fire burning. Fairy lights all around. I'd have a cat to stroke, plenty of books, a bicycle to travel on. My boyfriend living nearby and staying over sometimes. Enough money to live a quiet simple life near a good library. Food/laundry etc. sorted out for me by magic elves/quiet humans who I don't see. Somewhere nearby where I could go and be around people if the mood took, but somewhere I would be accepted exactly as I really am and not because of the performance I have to put on every day of my life at the moment. I'd like to work, to contribute to society in some way. To feel valued. To be able to relax knowing my son, who is following in my footsteps, will be able to feel happy and confident in himself and feel valued for who he is.

Jabberwokky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2013, 4:32 am

Valhalla

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 1:48 pm

Somewhere between the sacred silence and sleep

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 4:01 pm

Heaven for me would a place where incompetence, drama, greed, and general stupidity didn't exist. Also, it would be cold in the winter, not at all blazing hot in the summer.

JoeDaBro
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Jan 2014, 1:47 pm

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
Heaven for me would a place where incompetence, drama, greed, and general stupidity didn't exist. Also, it would be cold in the winter, not at all blazing hot in the summer.

You forgot to add Contestant No. You're Dead First, JonTron Malkovich, and THE BIRDS ARE HERE

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 1:58 pm

heaven for me would be without season, that is why it is called "the summerlands" or "the bright world."

barbara7246
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2014, 5:39 pm

Heaven for me would be to have my greenhouse full of flowers and all the flowerbeds blooming, My four shitzu's and my kitties would be free to run and play without fear of being hurt by cars etc. My deceased dad would be there to hug me and help me with the flowers. My narcissist mother shut me out of his death and funeral and I never got to say goodbye and tell him how much I adored him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2014, 5:41 pm

barbara7246 wrote:
Heaven for me would be to have my greenhouse full of flowers and all the flowerbeds blooming, My four shitzu's and my kitties would be free to run and play without fear of being hurt by cars etc. My deceased dad would be there to hug me and help me with the flowers. My narcissist mother shut me out of his death and funeral and I never got to say goodbye and tell him how much I adored him.

ever see the movie "what dreams may come"? :idea: that has images like you described.