Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2013, 1:49 am

OKcupid? He apparently has terrible aim. And plentyoffish? That pond is full of carp. And datehookup is yielding poor results so far. Does any one else know any other FREE sites? Not just free to look around but actually send and read messages for free?

And aspies and aspie lovers, where did you meet your one and only? I have no male coworkers and no car to get to the college every week. And I'd be embarrassed to try the comic book store as one of my trivia team mates works there. Where else should I look?

My mom said Lowes should be crawling with men, but when I went it was a ghost town. When should I go?

Logan5
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2013, 12:06 am

For a partial list of free dating websites, try http://www.alldatingwebsites.com/dir/free-datingsites/ .

Free dating websites tend to attract a lot of scammers, spammers, fakes, perverts and jerks (of both genders). A pay-wall screens out some (but not all) of them, but some of the paid sites are run by unscrupulous people who try all sorts of tricks (such as sending you messages from fake profiles) to get you to pay for their services. There is not a perfect solution. The best advice I can offer is to try several websites, but only two or three at a time and only for a few months at a time, and take frequent breaks from the whole process.

(For a few more reviews see http://dating.about.com/od/sitereviews/ ... eSites.htm .)

Halfmadgenius wrote:
.... Where else should I look?

The other thing you can try is meeting people with whom you share an interest, http://www.meetup.com/ .

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2013, 12:20 am

Okcupid is about as good as you're going to find. Everywhere else is very loosely moderated to inflate the user numbers as much as possible, so you're going to have a million Nigerian dudes trying to get you to send them money.

1df5e76
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Nov 2013, 8:16 pm

Unfortunately, online dating seems to mostly just be a waste of time.

roteskatalonien93
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Nov 2013, 1:47 pm

Yeah, its definitely a waste of time, not for meeting foreign people for friendship though ( as in sites like interpals penpals, in which I am since 2006 and I have meet foreign people personally.

dregj

30 Nov 2013, 7:36 pm

aspie affection site seems to be dead
never anyone else on their
the web page frequently messes up
and all the profiles are marked not recently used

eduardobr61
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Jul 2017, 3:49 pm