Saddest Deaths in Animated Cartoon Shows

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 12:48 pm

Dinobot's death in Beast Wars definitely ranks as the saddest. He single-handedly saved the course of history, decimated the Predacons and ruined Megatron's plans.

In short, he's an ultimate bad-ass.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2013, 3:25 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
krazykat wrote:
Littlefoot's mother in The Land Before Time.

That one too. The first Land Before Time was great!

It was, and I agree.

BlankCanvas wrote:
Aside from that, the numerous deaths on Watership Down got to me as a child, as was the same case with Plague Dogs (same author and animation team, but sadly not as well known),

Plague Dogs was probably one of the most depressing pieces of animation I've ever had to sit through, me being the dog lover that I am.

I was actually pretty sad when the Todd died, too... So unexpected and out of nowhere.

I have yet to see Watership Down, but just by judging some of the clips I've seen, it's a total bloody massacre.

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 3:38 am

I'm not a very emotional person, so I think that some forumites might have reacted more to this cartoon character death than I did.

Spoiler wrote:
Bunny died in the Powerpuff Girls episode "Twisted Sister," the same episode that introduced her.

"Bunny do good!"

LonelyJar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 3:38 am

I'm not a very emotional person, so I think that some forumites might have reacted more to this cartoon character death than I did.

Spoiler wrote:
Bunny died in the Powerpuff Girls episode "Twisted Sister," the same episode that introduced her.

"Bunny do good!"

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 5:16 am

LonelyJar wrote:

Spoiler wrote:

"Bunny do good!"

Yeah, agreed. As it happens, I was randomly browsing Youtube for E.G. Daily stuff (the actress who voiced Buttercup), and so I eventually came across some PPG-related vids, and it took me back to that very episode. Really, really sad.