Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2014, 4:51 pm

bumble wrote:
I am beginning to think the paleo diet is bollocks.

It simply does not work for weightloss. Neither does weight lifting...I may see the personal trainer and ask them to do me a routine that focuses on fat burning at this time. My body fat percentage is not reducing...and my clothing size is not changing either. I can't even be bothered to go into the gym this morning as it doesn't work...

It doesn't work for weight loss
It doesn't work for finding friends.

I'd be better off staying home and doing aerobics in the front room or dancing on and off all day...that used to burn more fat.

And the paleo diet...I am on and off it like a yo yo as it's impossible to maintain. When I am out all day it is hard to find food to eat that does not contain gluten. I am not a cooking type gal...I really hate spending huge amounts of time in my kitchen preparing food. Im a heat it up and eat it type person. Cooking bores me as did playing with dolls when I was growing up. I know society thinks I should like these things because I have a vagina but I just don't.

Right now I want the diet and exercise plan that worked...I have lost weight before but with western recommended healthy eating guidelines and aerobic exercise and yoga (not weights). I put the weight back on because I got sick due to medication side effects and returning to smoking (something I have since quit). But its a pain as I can't eat out often due to having to calorie count everything and weigh everything. It was easier to get a prepacked sandwich whilst I was out and about though...it was usually calorie counted for me.

Months of effort..gym, swimming, cardio on the treadmill, the paleo diet, hiking/walking, being physically active in a more general way and nothing....no results.

Maybe I should fat burn first...and leave the weights alone until I have lost sufficient body fat. They don't seem to be helping and I seem to be wasting my time with them.

I was better off with dance aerobics and yoga.

Unless my metabolism has changed since then...

have you thought about trying a different form of cardio? i found that when i switched from walking to biking (and i mean actual biking outdoors and not on a stationary bike) it made quite a difference in how much body fat i was burning. it probably helps that i live in a hilly town (which helps me keep my heart-rate high enough throughout my route), and also i think the fact that on a real bike you need to be using stabilising muscles constantly to keep your balance adds to the workout. you might be at a "plateau" phase, and making a change to your routine (by adding a level of difficulty to some of your activities or some new activities) usually gets one unstuck.

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2014, 7:31 pm

^^^exactly,i do a ton of biking.in the sreets,in the woods(woods are my fav) i push verry hard for a few minutes then easily for a few minutes.

BetwixtBetween
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2014, 9:13 am

Have you had your thyroid tested? I had a friend in school who ate carefully, was very active, came from an average size family, and just couldn't get rid of a bunch of extra weight- if I or her sister had kept the same diet and exercise routine, we'd have been bone thin. We encouraged her to talk to a medical professional, because really, she was eating too few calories and doing to much exercise not to be losing it. She talked to a new doctor about it, and the new doctor got her thyroid tested. Turned out she had hypothyroidism.