Girl gave me her business card

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

WilliamTheConqueror
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Dec 2013, 8:45 pm

A girl at my work gave me her business card after just talking to her for a little bit, and I didn't even ask for her phone number. The card doesn't have a cell phone or home phone number, however. It has a work phone and e-mail. What does it mean that she gave it to me just like that? I already suspected that she might like me, so what does it mean if it's just a business card?

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

15 Dec 2013, 9:37 pm

ask for a personal buisness consultation at the local pub. preferrably after buisness hours. bring protection. this is not her first rodeo.

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 9:48 pm

I guess she just to have a little chat. Does she like you? I dunno :p

MBTI- ISTP

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 9:59 pm

She wants to see how you will go about getting her number. Will you e-mail her and bluntly ask, or flirt with her a little before she brings it up herself?

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2013, 10:08 pm

It means she gives people her business card right away

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 12:38 am

If it doesn't have her home phone it means she's hoping you will buy something from her

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 12:51 am

2wheels4ever wrote:
If it doesn't have her home phone it means she's hoping you will buy something from her

That's my suspicion as well.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 1:07 am

I guess she wouldn't give you her card if she doesn't want to talk to you. You two work at the same place? Then e-mailing might not be a good idea because the company can probably see what you are writing.
Maybe you can call her or better yet try to have more opportunity to talk to her in person. Maybe she's waiting for you to ask her out. She didn't want to give you her cell number because she was afraid you might think she was too easy LIKE SOME PEOPLE ARE ALREADY SUGGESTING on this thread.

Men on here complain that women should initiate more, but they think women who do are too easy. Maybe it's safe to follow The Rules after all.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 3:51 am

She probably gave it to you for the purposes of professional networking/gaining contacts, not dating.

God, a girl can't even give out a business card without it being misinterpreted.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 4:01 am

It's just a BUSINESS card.

anewman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Dec 2013, 9:31 am

Yep I'm inclined to go along with the "it's just a business card". I also agree that some women use "coming on" to men as a sales tactic, and we're not just talking prostitutes here.

WilliamTheConqueror
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Dec 2013, 11:57 am

What if I said that this lady is nice to me and usually says something to me when she sees me, and is the first to do so. Along with her giving me a few other signs of being attracted. Is it still "just a business card" like some here have said?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 1:09 pm

I give my business card to other employees and clients so that they have my email address. I communicate by email alot due to the nature of what I do and like them to have it so that they can contact me easily. Plus I have 250 of the things in my desk drawer. I might as well give them to people.

If was interested in a guy I would not give him my business card. I would exchange cell phone numbers for outside of work correspondence. If a guy at work wants me to contact him via cell phone I will use the office phone to contact him or get my boss to send an sms if they don't answer because I don't have a work cell phone only a personal one. That way no one work related gets my personal number and no one gets the wrong idea.

Business cards are just for business. If she had made a point of writing her cell phone number on it then that might mean something else, but I suspect this is just a business thing.

She may just be a friendly person. Maybe she sees that other people are too busy to talk and doesn't want you to feel awkward waiting for someone else to speak.

Sorry. I hope I don't sound like I'm over-reacting, but I give my card out alot and would hate for someone to be agonizing over what it mean when all I wanted was for them to be able to contact me for business reasons.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 2:26 pm

No girl of your generation doesn't have a cellphone.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 2:39 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
No girl of your generation doesn't have a cellphone.

You must have been speed reading. I wrote:
Quote:
I don't have a work cell phone only a personal one.

What I mean is the company hasn't given me a work cell phone, but I don't want to give out my personal number to just anyone, so I don't use my personal cell phone for business purposes. I will use the office phone or I will borrow a colleague's work cell phone.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 4:30 pm

WilliamTheConqueror wrote:
What if I said that this lady is nice to me and usually says something to me when she sees me, and is the first to do so. Along with her giving me a few other signs of being attracted. Is it still "just a business card" like some here have said?

It depends. More background information is needed. Do you both work for the same company? If not, yes, it's most likely "just a business card."
If you work at the same place, can you think of any instances that you might need to contact her for a work related matter? If you can't think of any, it's a little strange that she gave you her business card.