Would you ever date someone you are not attracted too?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 10:50 pm

Tough question. If she has a wonderful, caring, moral personality, and is very intelligent, then I would consider dating her, since looks fade with age anyways. But if I am not in any way attracted to her (looks and personality), then I couldn't date her.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2013, 6:45 pm

I went out for six months with a guy I wasn't attracted to at all. I stayed with him out of sympathy, I guess. He advertised looking for a mate in a local newspaper, I answered it, and we started seeing each other.

He fell head over heels in love with me right away. It was scary because no one's ever loved me before. I'm not the lovable type, being abused and rejected my whole life.

He barely spoke English, was very short, and his eyes just looked displaced or almost deformed. I stayed because he loved me and I thought it was the least I could do.

After six months of that I gave up. I couldn't pretend to like him anymore. When I broke it off he cried. I felt bad for the little guy. I should've been more considerate.

In retrospect, it was a relationship I wasn't ready for. Obviously, he was but not me. Despite his looks I'd give him a 2nd chance. Or maybe I'm just feeling guilty about it.