Anxiety and stress are not the same thing, and anxiety...

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 8:24 pm

... is not the only possible cause of difficulties.

Social situations do not make me anxious. I have trouble with them because I don't know what to do and they're boring.

My inability to clean my room is not because of anxiety, it's because of sucky executive functioning.

The reason why I have trouble going out and dropping off my resume to many different places regularly isn't because of anxiety, it;s because of trouble with transitions, difficulty changing my routine, and the fact that it will likely involve prolonged sensory overload.

Doing my grocery shopping during a crowded time doesn't make me anxious, but it is stressful DURING THE EVENT because sensory overload=pain. It is normal to find pain stressful. It's also stressful because navigating through masses of people is difficult, as I can't predict their movements, and if I'm overloaded enough, my visual processing goes haywire.
I don't feel anxious in preparation of this; I know it will be stressful but I feel calm and just do what I can to minimise the bad effects.

Social situations are stressful because of having to pay constant conscious attention to things that NTs pick up on without even realising they're doing so. They're stressful because of the mind-crushing boredom, and having to be careful not to express such.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I