Are You Poor?
Yes. 46%  46%  [ 11 ]
No. 54%  54%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 24

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 2:12 am

I am. I mean, I NEVER have cash, and when I do have some, I spend it straight away! My family doesn't have much money either. Mum hasn't got a job, and my step-dad can't get one because of his back. I also have a 13 year old brother, which makes matters worse. Mum doesn't get much money, but when she does she has to get shopping and pay the bills with it. That's one reason I don't have much video games. :cry:

The other reason I don't have much video games is because I asked mum to sell the ones I didn't like. My step-dad has all the other games I didn't want, as mum won't sell them because they're only worth $10AUD each.

nutbag
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 2:15 am

I'd say that I am as poor as dirt, but that would constitute an insult to dirt. I have worked so long (decades) and hard (I have bought many nice homes and cars: for my bosses) and have diddley squat. and that is so old it is about worn out.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 2:43 am

I usually have ~$100 to spend

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 2:49 am

I have about $1 left from that dumb game I hired. :x

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 2:57 am

RedMage wrote:
I am. I mean, I NEVER have cash, and when I do have some, I spend it straight away! My family doesn't have much money either. Mum hasn't got a job, and my step-dad can't get one because of his back. I also have a 13 year old brother, which makes matters worse. Mum doesn't get much money, but when she does she has to get shopping and pay the bills with it. That's one reason I don't have much video games. :cry:

The other reason I don't have much video games is because I asked mum to sell the ones I didn't like. My step-dad has all the other games I didn't want, as mum won't sell them because they're only worth $10AUD each.

Which games are these?

On sabbatical...

Isla
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Feb 2007, 3:16 am

I am poor.. and like it. I grew up rich and realized money cannot buy you happiness, it can only buy you things.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 3:36 am

Quatermass wrote:
Which games are these?

The ones I own, or the ones mum sold?

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

09 Feb 2007, 3:46 am

Isla wrote:
I am poor.. and like it. I grew up rich and realized money cannot buy you happiness, it can only buy you things.

But the things you BUY can make you happy. But I agree, three good friends is worth more than a thousand supercomputers.

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 3:47 am

My comedy skills mean I always have cash on hand - even when the rest of the family is short on cash. The fact I bought myself a premium PS3 pretty much sums it up.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 3:55 am

RedMage wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
Which games are these?

The ones I own, or the ones mum sold?

The ones that you haven't sold, but your step-dad keeps because they apparently won't pay for much?

On sabbatical...

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 4:12 am

Quatermass wrote:
The ones that you haven't sold, but your step-dad keeps because they apparently won't pay for much?

Let me see... Resi4 is all I can think of right now. :P

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 5:00 am

RedMage wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

Let me see... Resi4 is all I can think of right now. :P

8O

No-one would pay more than $10 dollars for Resident Evil 4? If it wasn't more than $25, I'd not be surprised, as the PS2 version I think has gone Platinum already. But $10??? Where the hell did you try to sell it? Cash Converters? Electronics Boutique?

On sabbatical...

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

09 Feb 2007, 5:06 am

KBABZ wrote:
Isla wrote:

But the things you BUY can make you happy. But I agree, three good friends is worth more than a thousand supercomputers.

Quote:
Money can't buy happiness... but it can rent a reasonable facsimile of it

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 5:10 am

Quatermass wrote:
No-one would pay more than $10 dollars for Resident Evil 4? If it wasn't more than $25, I'd not be surprised, as the PS2 version I think has gone Platinum already. But $10??? Where the hell did you try to sell it? Cash Converters? Electronics Boutique?

We haven't tried to sell it. Mum told me that Cash Converters and Blockbuster won't pay more than $10 for PS2 games. But when you go to Cashies and see how much they sell them for, it's just stupid!

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 5:26 am

yeesh.

uhm.

we're well to do.

I don't like bragging, even though we have money. we're moderatly well to do.

I have a debit which is my worst enemy because it makes me spend lots (at least it did during first semester) and now I'm being more careful. though I do need a influx sooner or later.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2007, 5:26 am

RedMage wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

We haven't tried to sell it. Mum told me that Cash Converters and Blockbuster won't pay more than $10 for PS2 games. But when you go to Cashies and see how much they sell them for, it's just stupid!

Over here, they sell them for anywhere between $19 and $39, so they are ripoff merchants for selling, although they can be occasionally be good for buying. But it's better to get it either new, or from a place like Electronic Boutique or Revolution CD (best value, IMNSHO). I don't think there's any Revolution CD stores in South Australia, though....

Waitamoment, since when did Blockbuster actually buy second-hand games???

On sabbatical...