Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ArmoredChicken
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Dec 2013, 2:25 pm

Not going to whine about ME3, old news that. I just finished playing through the trilogy and find I'm having a hard time adjusting to normal game play. I picked up Skyrim finally and find the books to be the most satisfying part. I want to find a way to forge an alliance with the giants. To figure out how to rescue and heal the Falmer. To connect people in various parts of the game with others because the NPC's could use each other's skills. Basically make connections and impact the world with other skills than shooting things in the head. (Mind you I'm enjoy that as well. I'd just like more options.) Did any one else have this problem coming out of ME or Dragon Age?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 5:14 pm

I thought Skyrim blew chunks.

Didn't even have as good a storyline as Oblivion. It's like they poured all the money into graphics and music and still took a long, hard squat on quality of the game itself.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2013, 8:43 pm

I can kind of see kind of wanting to do the stuff you could do in ME in other games, but Skyrim allows you to create an even more unique character with a lot of freedom. There are the quests where you can join either the Legion or Stormcloaks, and your actions will effect what leaders will be put into power.

Also I find it a hard idea to forge an alliance with giants, they are not exactly very smart and supposedly cannot be bargained with that well other than being given a goat and not attacking someone. And the Falmer took generations to become what they are, they could not be fixed that quickly, in fact their souls went from black which is humanoid, to white which is a creature.

I know that when I went through ME I wanted more options in being able to talk things out and having alternate routes, I think Fallout games have some ways things like that can be done.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2013, 7:08 pm

I hated the vast majority of 7th gen wrpgs, and didn't think I would find one I liked, until I came across Mass Effect. I think ME works for me, because it's a character driven storyline instead of a soulless romp through a land of robots. I really can't say though. I did take a break from videogames for a few days after playing ME, because I knew that no matter what I played afterwards, it would be hard to top it. Now I'm back on the bandwagon, and no, I haven't played a wrpg since. The story and characters in Skyrim sucked IMHO. I enjoyed reading the books more than playing the rest of the game, so I will concede that Skyrim has good lore. So does ME, which is also good all around, so I doubt I'll go back to Skyrim anytime soon, if at all.