Capricorn 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Aquarius 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Pisces 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 37

XJ220RACER
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Dec 2013, 12:38 am

Over the past year or so, I've kinda become obsessed with astrology - I've learned infinitely more about taking an interest in people and understanding them through it than I did in countless hours of therapy and special ed. And now that I have taken an interest in Asperger's again, I wondered what correlations between AS and Zodiac sign traits there are?

I'm a Sagittarius, which is not a sign some people would think of as AS, at least initially. But Sagi is a fire sign, so driven by passion and obsession and easily bored with anything less...that's the Aspie in me. Not minding or not even noticing how eccentric we can be - that's me too. No filter, straight from the heart to the mouth - that's how I talk, and it's usually associated with both Aspies and Sagittarians. My moon is in Pisces, which strikes me as one of the more obvious AS signs, and can explain a lot of secondary/dormitory aspects of me...I've really been able to find who I am through this perfect merger.

What's your sign? How do you wear it with your AS traits? Of course, I know astrology isn't an exact science and not to be taken literally, but I really wanna hear from someone else who can entertain this idea.

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2013, 4:45 am

There is no scientific basis for astrology. It is a useless endeavor that will never get you anywhere, nor will it ever truly enlighten you intellectually. Any 'enlightenment' or 'inspiration' you feel as a result of studying astrology would be tantamount to the sense of revelation felt by those suffering from grandiose delusions, though of course less potent than those. True intellectual enlightenment occurs as a result of thinking logically and rationally about nature and reality, not by accepting something without scientific evidence simply because it appeals to your egocentrism. If you enjoy astrology, fine, but just be aware that it will never have a scientific, intellectual status equivalent to that of, say, cosmology or psychology.

RPG enthusiast
Has OCD, social anxiety, CPTSD

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 10:59 pm

I was kind of interested in The Zodiac for a while even though I don't really believe in it. But the similarities make me wonder and I find it more accurate than any religion I know.

My sign is Aquarius. My mom's a Leo. My mother is a born leader, very outgoing and very charismatic. My dad is a Pieces. He's quiet, kind of shy, and easy-going. I guess it's true that opposites attract, at least for them because they've been married for 45 years.

On the other hand whenever I've read about our signs in the Chinese Zodiac it's hilarious when it describes what kind of jobs we should have. My sign, the Tiger, is supposed to be very brave and would do well at jobs like a race-car driver or a bullfighter(?!) HA! I can't even drive a normal car and bullfighting is inhumane. Maybe it's more accurate if you're actually Chinese? :chin:

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Apr 2015, 12:23 am

For some reason I'd imagine that a lot of Aspies are Capricorns.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 7:34 am

<- Aspie Sagittarius here.

Lets see (http://www.ganeshaspeaks.com/sagittariu ... d=noscript):

Quote:
Sagittarius Traits
Positive
The Sagittarius-born people are optimistic and always look at the brighter side of things. This helps them to give their best even in difficult situations. For an in-depth analysis of your future prospects, get the Birth Chart based service Your Horoscope Analysis.

Straight Forward
The Archers will speak the brutal truth, and they always mean what they say. Their comments can, however, sometimes be too harsh and may hurt other people.

Intellectual
They are intelligent and enthusiastic people, always interested in different kinds of subjects and can easily impress others with their conversation.

Philosophical
The Sagittarius-born people are philosophical and have a strong sense of right and wrong. They love to exchange views on spiritual matters. For a comprehensive picture of your nature and future prospects, avail the Birth Chart based service Janampatri.

Large-hearted
These people are very generous. They can go out of their way to help others in achieving their objectives, and to lead a comfortable life.

Adventurous
The Sagittarius-born people are adventurous. They will never shy away from taking risks to keep the excitement alive.

Negative Traits

Careless
They are prone to taking things for granted, and taking unnecessary risks. Their careless approach to life attracts criticism from everyone. If this attitude is causing problems in your romantic life, you will greatly benefit from the Birth Chart based service Remedial Solutions for Love.

Tactless
Their honesty can sometimes be too brutal, which hurts others. A lesson on how to speak tactfully can help them a great deal.

Impatient
The people born under this Sign are prone to be restless and can push things too far, especially when their energy is not channelised properly.

Superficial
Outer looks mean a lot to them. They don’t have enough patience or inclination to look below the surface to see the actual substance.

Inconsistent
Their interest in things can be short-lived, and keeps fluctuating. Thus they end up being less efficient than they can be. They find it extremely difficult to deliver consistent performance. To find out if this is causing obstructions in your professional life, try the Natal Chart based customised service Career Ask A Question.

Over Confident
The Sagittarius natives can be over-confident. They tend to believe that they can do no wrong, and thus actually end up making many mistakes. You might also be interested in reading about Sagittarius Nature.

Positive - checked (although it might not be Aspie trait)
Straight Forward - checked (aspie trait)
Intellectual- checked (aspie trait, at least if you consider the interests)
Philosophical - checked (aspie trait, at least if you consider the sense of right and wrong)
Large-hearted - checked (aspie trait, but lack of "visible empathy" may give a feeling it's not correct)
Adventurous - to a degree (not an aspie trait though)
Careless - to a degree (not an aspie trait)
Tactless - checked (aspie trait)
Impatient - checked (aspie trait for example when it comes to too much sensory input)
Superficial - negative (not an aspie trait)
Inconsistent - to a degree (aspie trait when we try to focus on something else than a special interest)
Over Confident - to a degree (not an aspie trait)

Sagittarius have quite a lot of traits that might be aspie traits (especially the "active but odd" subtype) and most of them seem to fit in my case. But it might be just cognitive bias.

http://zodiac-signs-astrology.com/zodia ... tarius.htm
Quote:
They do not expect favors in return, their kindness is selfless. They do not interfere with other people's plans and they are never possessive or jealous. They treat others the way they want to be treated and life life based on a 'live and let live' policy, this makes them so agreeable. Sagittarius are excellent conversationalists with a good sense of humor, sometimes their humor is the raw truth, but these people speak their mind and don't hold anything back. What they say is what they mean, Sagittarius do not like mind games, it holds them back trying to figure out what is meant, they like straightforwardness and expect it in return. Sagittarius are known for saying the 'painful truth', but on the other hand, people know that they can trust what they say because they always say what is real. A Sagittarius never hides anything.

^ in this text you could as well change "Sagittarius" to "Aspie" (active but odd type).

http://horoscopes.lovetoknow.com/Charac ... agittarius
Quote:
The Sagittarius mind is a sponge, and his inner quest for truth and knowledge is a lifelong journey. He'll never be satisfied with what he learns or knows. He'll always reach for more and gain a greater understanding as he ages. The modern Sagittarius profile is one of a walking, talking encyclopedia. He reads everything he can get his hands on. More importantly, he retains what he reads. His mental acuity is always sharply honed and aids him in all endeavors.

Quote:
Archers tend to be incredibly honest. While this straightforwardness can be refreshing when couched in careful words, Sagittarians are not renowned for being diplomatic. In fact, this sign can be downright blunt, much to the chagrin of anyone on the receiving end.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 9:50 am

Do the one-and-a-half percent of the population who are aspie disproportionately come from the 8.5 percent of the population who are born under one particular Zodiac sign?

Even if there were anything to astrology I would doubt that it would work that way.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 11:09 pm

Well, I'm a Scorpio, and I went to the website Kiriae provided (Thanks, Kiriae!), and this is what it said:

"Scorpio is nothing, if not fierce! The 8th Sign of the Zodiac, the Scorpio loves a good fight, and can give ‘intensity’ a run for its money (worth). Well, to put it simply, the Scorpions are strong, commanding, intense, passionate and zealous. Driven, dedicated and loyal, they also are ambitious and security-loving. Inquisitive and ready to learn, Scorpio individuals are intelligent, motivated people, who can contribute amply to any project. However, it is noteworthy that if the strength of the Scorpio-born lies in these qualities, his/ her deepest weaknesses too are rooted in them. Yes, these charming individuals don’t like to quit, and their impassioned efforts are to die for. Yet, this same ‘never say no’ attitude becomes painful, when the Scorpio takes and treats every ‘no’ as an insult. And, when an otherwise beautifully ardent passion gets misdirected and becomes fanaticism, the Scorpio-born is, as always, sadly unstoppable. This, though, is not to say that Scorpios are fearsome or negative. On the contrary, Scorpions are lovely, dependable friends and awesome lovers. Soft at core as they are, they happily bow down to the wishes of their beloved and kids, and are open to bend backwards for their (family’s) happiness. Sensuous in love and willing and caring in all their sweet bonds, Scorpio individuals make some of the best mates, unless, of course, their vengeful sides are stirred. Betrayal is the word and expression, Scorpio-borns hate and cannot take prettily. If someone truly gets in Scorpios’ way, they lose their temper, and get revengeful. In short, they need a plenty of own space. All said and done, Scorpios are fearless beings and keep moving on, as they are determined to succeed. Their aura of mystery and secretiveness makes them akin to a magnet – someone to whom others will, invariably, be drawn."

I'd say that all fits me, pretty well----except, I'm not quite as "intense" as I used to be; I'm just too old, and too tired, now..... I'll not put-up with anybody's crap----and, I'll not bow-down / bend-over backwards for family, for very long (I'll give a little bit, until it looks like they're taking advantage [which they always try to do], and then it's nix on that shtuff.)

I'm still very passionate (e.g. special interests, beliefs, morals, etc.), loyal, inquisitive, and so-forth.....

As to what of these things are Aspie-like----I'm too tired to think about it, right now.....

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 6:14 am

Quote:
Sensuous in love and willing and caring in all their sweet bonds, Scorpio individuals make some of the best mates, unless, of course, their vengeful sides are stirred. Betrayal is the word and expression, Scorpio-borns hate and cannot take prettily. If someone truly gets in Scorpios’ way, they lose their temper, and get revengeful.

Anybody feels Scorpios sound a bit like BPDs?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2018, 10:13 pm

Sagittarius - mild AS

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 5:02 pm

If we assume that everyone on WP is on the ASD spectrum, we would expect the numbers on the polls to be evenly distributed among the twelve signs if there were no correlation between ASD and horoscope sign, but that the numbers would clump under certain signs if there were a correlation.

Low sample size. Only 26 respondents.

Twenty six divided by the twelve signs is slightly more than two people per sign.

For whatever this low sample is worth: Taurus (1), and Leo (0) are lower than average.

Cancer, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn, and Aquarius, are right at the average of two each (what you would expect each sign to have if the population of autistics were even distributed throughout the signs of the Zodiac).

Five signs are higher than average: Aries, Gemini (me), Scorpio, Sagitarious, and Pisces.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 9:00 pm

I am a Gemini.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 2:14 pm

Capricorn- i used to think my AS traits were because of my zodiac sign!

Amanda G23
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2018, 1:59 pm

I first became fascinated with astrology when I was 12 years old. I'm now 51, so I have quite a lot of experience. I would not expect there to be any correlation between incidence of AS and any particular Sun signs. However, The Sun in astrology describes ones core motivations, so I would expect to see a correlation between Sun sign and "special interests". Other astrological factors may appear more frequently with AS, including: stelliums (multiple points in conjunction or concentrated in the same sign or house), Moon in the 4th, 8th and 12th houses, retrograde Mercury and/or Venus, Moon/Jupiter contacts (hypersensitivity), and hard aspects between Saturn and the personal planets (Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus and Mars).