Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 10:53 pm

http://nsnbc.me/2013/12/30/tepco-quietl ... lting-now/
http://thenewsdoctors.com/fukushima-rad ... c-station/
http://www.turnerradionetwork.com/news/146-mjt
This isn't being reported on major networks, for some unknown reason...
EDIT: Just found out that the Turner Radio Network is run by a white nationalist. Ooops. :oops:

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2013, 11:48 pm

that doesn't necessarily mean it's not true. Sometimes a story runs afoul of a powerful lobby and gets shut down. I know that for a court case I know in order to get a public record of statements they had to publish on a conspiracy theorist network that also publishes anti-isreal material (the lawyer for the case is jewish). Sometime you have to make a deal with the devil.

You are very likely an Aspie

Sharkbait
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jan 2014, 2:29 am

The story appears to have legs.

Good find.

https://www.google.com/#q=news+fukushima

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 3:02 am

I've seen this topic crop up from time to time on Reddit's news sections. Every time I go to the comments for more info, the consensus is split down the middle between people who think it's a serious disaster waiting to happen and people who think the others are overreacting (no pun intended).

Not sure where I stand on the issue; guess I'll have to do more research.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 3:10 am

All I know is that there's a remarkable lack of Godzilla jokes, you know, considering....

SecretSavant
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jan 2014, 3:30 am

There's a lot of misinformation when it comes to Fukushima. The best way to navigate through all the bad information, is to pay close attention to this guy.

Take it away Arnie ...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWFUnZaY6wk[/youtube]

______
are just Jigsaw Puzzles.
___

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 4:31 am

Not the right title.

Three reactor cores have melted down, broken through containment, and in number three, an explosion threw particles into the spent fuel pool, which is now supporting a reaction, and flashing the water off in steam.

89 tons of fuel, that will get hot enough to melt through containment.

What is not said, which were fueled with MX? Some were, Plutonium based fuel is much worse.

Nothing is slowing the progress of several hundred tons of fuel, hot, denser than lead, eating it's way down, where it can join. Below the reactors is a buried river valley, the fuel will fill the bottom. Ground water, 400 tons a day, will flash into steam, and explode to the surface.

This Atomic Volcano can run for many years. It is likely to form a Caldera, that eats the other reactors, spent fuel pools, which will join the melt by weight.

A continous steam plume that will reach the west coast in two days, the midwest in three, and can run for a hundred years.

Reporting the truth could cause panic, and we have an election coming up.

Containing it in an ice wall is fiction, as it would still melt down and join, and be even more contained.

One reactor melting down is China Syndrom, three, and spent fuel pools, and likely to take the others down with it, is beyond our worse nightmare.

The strongest action taken by the head of Japan, was going to a Shinto Shrine, and apoligising to his ancestors, for killing the ocean, and North America.

There is nothing that can be done about it. There is no Red Adair to put out a burning oil well equal. Worse than dying, a horrible death, it is aimed at the wheat lands of Montana, through the grain lands of the mid west and Ohio Valley. Japan is already mixing radioactive rice with clean rice and selling it.

The world food supply is pushed to the limit, and a large drop will cause famine.

There is no good ending, just an ending.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 11:19 am

Dillogic wrote:
All I know is that there's a remarkable lack of Godzilla jokes, you know, considering....

It's just a matter of time....

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 5:34 pm

That News Doctors site tried to put a virus on my PC. Just a heads up.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 5:55 pm

I'm in California, so if this is a radioactive plume headed for the west coast, I'm directly in its path. What to do? Well, I can always do what Hal Turner suggested, buy plastic and duct tape once I get my check, and cover west-facing windows. If Inventor is right, and the plume will be a continuous thing that will last for a hundred years, there's not much to do except bend over and kiss my ass goodbye. Already towns on the Pacific NW coast are seeing tons of radioactive debris and people coming down with rare cancers and even radiation sickness. If I get cancer I plan to refuse all treatment of a non-palliative (meaning chemo and such, palliative means temp pain relief and such) nature, and simply ride the crazy train until it crashes. Since I'm an adult I can theoretically refuse treatment. The Cancer Industrial Complex may have other ideas, so if they say I MUST treat it, I will fight not to. A $100k a dose drug that prolongs life for six months is obviously stupid, but somebody is making shedloads of cash from it. It all depends on whether you want to survive, and if you do, what kind of world will you be living in?

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 5:57 pm

Inventor wrote:
Not the right title.

Three reactor cores have melted down, broken through containment, and in number three, an explosion threw particles into the spent fuel pool, which is now supporting a reaction, and flashing the water off in steam.

89 tons of fuel, that will get hot enough to melt through containment.

What is not said, which were fueled with MX? Some were, Plutonium based fuel is much worse.

Nothing is slowing the progress of several hundred tons of fuel, hot, denser than lead, eating it's way down, where it can join. Below the reactors is a buried river valley, the fuel will fill the bottom. Ground water, 400 tons a day, will flash into steam, and explode to the surface.

This Atomic Volcano can run for many years. It is likely to form a Caldera, that eats the other reactors, spent fuel pools, which will join the melt by weight.

A continous steam plume that will reach the west coast in two days, the midwest in three, and can run for a hundred years.

Reporting the truth could cause panic, and we have an election coming up.

Containing it in an ice wall is fiction, as it would still melt down and join, and be even more contained.

One reactor melting down is China Syndrom, three, and spent fuel pools, and likely to take the others down with it, is beyond our worse nightmare.

The strongest action taken by the head of Japan, was going to a Shinto Shrine, and apoligising to his ancestors, for killing the ocean, and North America.

There is nothing that can be done about it. There is no Red Adair to put out a burning oil well equal. Worse than dying, a horrible death, it is aimed at the wheat lands of Montana, through the grain lands of the mid west and Ohio Valley. Japan is already mixing radioactive rice with clean rice and selling it.

The world food supply is pushed to the limit, and a large drop will cause famine.

There is no good ending, just an ending.

theres a glaring flaw with china syndrome
as soon as the fuel gets through the concrete it will spread out losing its ability to sustain the reaction

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 10:24 pm

Not much hope there, they admit no one knows where the cores of three reactors are, They left containment, and are somewhere below.

Fuel is denser than lead, now hotter than hell, and the plants were sited on a silted up old river bed. Silt sand, gravel is not going to stop what just burned it's way through super steel and thick concrete.

Below the silt is a rock river bottom, V-shaped, where meltdowns will converge. Fuel rods, even spent fuel, has to be kept in water to cool it, or it will melt. Once cooling is lost, there is no containment without it.

The problem with Atomic Power, there is no kill switch. There is no containment if it gets loose.

The air from Chernoble made a lot of ground unlivable, but the reactor did not melt, it blew up. The parts were on the surface, and could be entombed with concrete and Boron. One of four reactors blew up, the other three are still in use.

In Russia, the fuel got blown apart, in Japan it melted into a puddle. Russia lost cooling on one reactor, Japan has lost at least three, very close together. China Syndrome was about one melting and burning a hole in the earth, this is worse, three so far, plus spent fuel pools.

What is most scary, the Government says they are not monitoring the west coast for radiation. That was the result of several freedom of information requests, "We have no information, and no plans to gather any."

slave
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 4:09 pm

Inventor wrote:
Not much hope there, they admit no one knows where the cores of three reactors are, They left containment, and are somewhere below.

Fuel is denser than lead, now hotter than hell, and the plants were sited on a silted up old river bed. Silt sand, gravel is not going to stop what just burned it's way through super steel and thick concrete.

Below the silt is a rock river bottom, V-shaped, where meltdowns will converge. Fuel rods, even spent fuel, has to be kept in water to cool it, or it will melt. Once cooling is lost, there is no containment without it.

The problem with Atomic Power, there is no kill switch. There is no containment if it gets loose.

The air from Chernoble made a lot of ground unlivable, but the reactor did not melt, it blew up. The parts were on the surface, and could be entombed with concrete and Boron. One of four reactors blew up, the other three are still in use.

In Russia, the fuel got blown apart, in Japan it melted into a puddle. Russia lost cooling on one reactor, Japan has lost at least three, very close together. China Syndrome was about one melting and burning a hole in the earth, this is worse, three so far, plus spent fuel pools.

What is most scary, the Government says they are not monitoring the west coast for radiation. That was the result of several freedom of information requests, "We have no information, and no plans to gather any."

Much respect to you for your knowledge of this situation.
What is your opinion of the attempt to remove rods individually as they are doing right now?
Do you think this can be accomplished without incident?
If not, what are the potential consequences if these rods touch each other?
I hear that #4 is at extreme risk of further collapse if an earthquake of mag. 7 or higher were to occur. What is your opinion?

:)

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 7:38 pm

They are not saying much, but one diagram in the article, shows the spent fuel pool is in the attic? Forth floor.

These buildings are too hot to enter, much less remove 89 tons of spent fuel rods, very carefully.

A lot of unknowns, spent fuel is still hot, has to be stored spaced, and under water. It is moved with a crane, if it is still working, and not to hot to survive running. Otherwise, Up four flights of stairs, in a building no one goes in, too hot.

Besides that, some were fueled with MX, Plutonium. That has a half life of 24,360 years. Consider that times the 400 tons of water a day they are storing in tanks.

They will not become the bomb, but they can cause steam explosions, what happened to the Russians.

Spent rods are stored so they cannot touch, and underwater, because more mass, or less cooling, they melt.

The steam seen coming from the buildings is coming from below, where the reactor core melted, or from the spent fuel pool. from below is too hot to get near, and the pool would be the start of the rods melting.

The whole industry has the same problem, all waste is in storage, since 1945. Most is stored at the reactors, but in outside pools. Keeping it in the attic seems insane.

Of course Japan can top any insane you ever heard of, such as building near the ocean on an earth quake fault, on top of an old river bed, instead of solid rock. Fueling an old reactor with MX, which is experimental, and having the backup power in the cellar.

One diesel backup, when in the hills above, are a dozen cities with water, that a gravity fed pipeline would make a good second backup. In the case of something that dare not fail, like Atomic Bombs, there are more than three safety backups.

They have been selling it as an event in decline, but sometime the wind does not blow toward the ocean, and inland towns and cities are becoming comtaminated. The steam plumes could be from the melt hitting groundwater. If that is the case, there is a lot more to come.

My only hope was that Roger would call up Big O, but that has not happened.

Removing the spent fuel, and shuting down the other reactors, and removing their fuel would help, but nothing like that has ever been done. Rods are moved by automated machines that work, from the factory, to containment. That is shipped by truck to reactors, where automated machines remove the old core to the cooling pool, and remove the new from containment, and put them in the reactor.

As it all gets stored on site, there is no method of removing it from the cooling pools. There is no place to move it to. Add damaged buildings, a radioactive steam volcano, and humans dying from even getting close, it is a problem.

A five story high shielded machine, that could peel off the roof, lift out rods one at a time, put them in it's own cooling pool, and leave the area, to deposit them somewhere else, then return and clean out other buildings? It would sink in the soft ground they built on. It would take rails, major construction.

So far they have been good at standing around, filling tanks like that could stop a leak, and issuing press releases.

None of the experts has an answer.

A minor species of ape has a two hundred year industrial culture, and made things that need to be carefully stored for 200,000 years. We knew if it ever got loose there would be no stopping it.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 7:41 pm

They are not saying much, but one diagram in the article, shows the spent fuel pool is in the attic? Forth floor.

These buildings are too hot to enter, much less remove 89 tons of spent fuel rods, very carefully.

A lot of unknowns, spent fuel is still hot, has to be stored spaced, and under water. It is moved with a crane, if it is still working, and not to hot to survive running. Otherwise, Up four flights of stairs, in a building no one goes in, too hot.

Besides that, some were fueled with MX, Plutonium. That has a half life of 24,360 years. Consider that times the 400 tons of water a day they are storing in tanks.

They will not become the bomb, but they can cause steam explosions, what happened to the Russians.

Spent rods are stored so they cannot touch, and underwater, because more mass, or less cooling, they melt.

The steam seen coming from the buildings is coming from below, where the reactor core melted, or from the spent fuel pool. from below is too hot to get near, and the pool would be the start of the rods melting.

The whole industry has the same problem, all waste is in storage, since 1945. Most is stored at the reactors, but in outside pools. Keeping it in the attic seems insane.

Of course Japan can top any insane you ever heard of, such as building near the ocean on an earth quake fault, on top of an old river bed, instead of solid rock. Fueling an old reactor with MX, which is experimental, and having the backup power in the cellar.

One diesel backup, when in the hills above, are a dozen cities with water, that a gravity fed pipeline would make a good second backup. In the case of something that dare not fail, like Atomic Bombs, there are more than three safety backups.

They have been selling it as an event in decline, but sometime the wind does not blow toward the ocean, and inland towns and cities are becoming comtaminated. The steam plumes could be from the melt hitting groundwater. If that is the case, there is a lot more to come.

My only hope was that Roger would call up Big O, but that has not happened.

Removing the spent fuel, and shuting down the other reactors, and removing their fuel would help, but nothing like that has ever been done. Rods are moved by automated machines that work, from the factory, to containment. That is shipped by truck to reactors, where automated machines remove the old core to the cooling pool, and remove the new from containment, and put them in the reactor.

As it all gets stored on site, there is no method of removing it from the cooling pools. There is no place to move it to. Add damaged buildings, a radioactive steam volcano, and humans dying from even getting close, it is a problem.

A five story high shielded machine, that could peel off the roof, lift out rods one at a time, put them in it's own cooling pool, and leave the area, to deposit them somewhere else, then return and clean out other buildings? It would sink in the soft ground they built on. It would take rails, major construction.

So far they have been good at standing around, filling tanks like that could stop a leak, and issuing press releases.

None of the experts has an answer.

A minor species of ape has a two hundred year industrial culture, and made things that need to be carefully stored for 200,000 years. We knew if it ever got loose there would be no stopping it.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 1:01 am

Thanks.

who is Roger and what does Big O refer to?
sry if it's a dumb question...i'm really tired