Male Rape Apologists (MRAs) ask to fake rape accusations

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 4:50 pm

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/02/m ... -advocate/

I guess they only advocate for the rights of misogynistic men. The rest can go to heck.

Patriarchy is a global frat party (link), after all.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 5:23 pm

That is truly evil.

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 5:59 pm

Oh, what a f-ing stupid guy this one is. Even an aspie like me understands that this subject must be dealt with very delicate and planned action.

It is true that there are a ton of false rape claims. And it is utter BS the thing that "if you kind of think you remember being raped, then you were". There's an entire documentary on how psychoanalysts and patients enter a feedback loop of delusion, namely falsely believing the patient has different personalities; and, more to the point, falsely believing they were abused as children. So I get that this guy, and men in general, are scared/mad at this BS.

But even less protected are the true victims of rape. We just can't go around sabotaging the actual victims' channels of denouncing rape. There has to be a more intelligent solution to the false rape claims than being a jackass. There are women, teenagers and children who need to have a trustworthy way of denouncing rape.

All the little credibility this fight against false rape had, was severely wonded. More importantly, the victims were also severely wonded. What was the benefit of this? :o

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 6:09 pm

I suspect the whole purpose behind this is simply to demean rape victims, and women in general.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2014, 6:51 pm

if you are going to report somebody for rape why not go to the police and make a criminal compliant and press charges?

GO TO THE POLICE if you are going to report a rape or any other violent criminal activities

what about the rights of people to face their accusers?

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I suspect the whole purpose behind this is simply to demean rape victims, and women in general.

It can certainly be interpreted that way.

So the people who are actualy rape victims are damaged in their ability to denounce their cases. The men who are actualy innocent against rape accusations lost their credibility.

I'm ambivalent as to why this action is being undertaken. I can certainly see your point. But I can also see the point of men who, like me, were so deeply wonded by women that they can easily act in an irrational way. This could be one of these cases.

What a joke, this situation is. A terrible joke.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 7:06 pm

Is the hat he has on standard issue?

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 7:06 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
if you are going to report somebody for rape why not go to the police and make a criminal compliant and press charges?

GO TO THE POLICE if you are going to report a rape or any other violent criminal activities

what about the rights of people to face their accusers?

You are male, right? At least that's what I gather from your nickname.

Would you go to the police if you were raped, not knowing if they would ever catch the guy? Knowing you would have to go to court to describe yourself being raped? You have to admit it's not that easy. Now imagine a female teenager who grew in a very catholic home. How shameful would she feel? Imagine now a muslim girl. She can be killed just by saying she was raped. It's not an easy subject. At all!

I don't pretend to have the answers. But I do see that this is very, very hard to deal with.

PS: Sephardic jews are from Portugal or Spain, right? Or at least have ancestors there? I'm portuguese and have somewhat of a fascination with jewish culture. :)

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2014, 7:17 pm

i have sephardic jewish ancestry by my mother's side

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 7:20 pm

ModusPonens wrote:
Would you go to the police if you were raped, not knowing if they would ever catch the guy? Knowing you would have to go to court to describe yourself being raped? You have to admit it's not that easy. Now imagine a female teenager who grew in a very catholic home. How shameful would she feel? Imagine now a muslim girl. She can be killed just by saying she was raped. It's not an easy subject. At all!

Are you somehow suggesting that a defendant should not have the right to face an accuser? That a claim of a crime should not be tried in a court of law?

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2014, 7:38 pm

feminist shaming tactics in this thread

http://exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/

Charge of Misogyny (Code Black)

Discussion: The target is accused of displaying some form of unwarranted malice to a particular woman or to women in general.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/feminism/fu ... g-tactics/

You are a rape apologist!

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 8:02 pm

Feminist shaming tactic?What???You seem like you desire a war between the sexes.
I've yet to see one of my hens flog a rooster for crowing.There are differences,but we are equal as humans.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2014, 8:10 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Feminist shaming tactic?What???You seem like you desire a war between the sexes.
I've yet to see one of my hens flog a rooster for crowing.There are differences,but we are equal as humans.

shaming tactics are used to shut down debates. feminists calling men opressors and women victims is desiring a war between the sexes.

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 8:16 pm

GGPViper wrote:
ModusPonens wrote:

Are you somehow suggesting that a defendant should not have the right to face an accuser? That a claim of a crime should not be tried in a court of law?

I'm not saying that. That's a fundamental right in a democracy.

EDIT: I didn't even properly read the second question. That, I think, doesn't even cross the mind of any democrat.

I don't have the answers, as I've said above. What I'm trying to get across is that it is extremely delicate to legislate to deffend men against false accusations of rape without disencourage the actual rape victims from denouncing the crimes commited against them.

I certainly would like to see a solution to this. I just don't know what it is.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 8:34 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

shaming tactics are used to shut down debates. feminists calling men opressors and women victims is desiring a war between the sexes.

Where has it happened in this thread?

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2014, 8:56 pm

it is in the title "rape apologists"