it is in the title "rape apologists"

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 9:15 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
it is in the title "rape apologists"

Calling for people to make false claims of rape for the purpose of interfering with the enforcement of the laws against rape sounds pretty rape apologist to me, or supporter or something.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2014, 9:29 pm

no they are using satire to show that anonymous rape reporting will be abused to make false accusations of rape. this can be used by somebody in the college destroy a man they they don't like. go to the police to report a rape.

Robert Stacy McCain's sex trouble series

bearsandsyrup
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jan 2014, 9:35 pm

sephardic-male wrote:
if you are going to report somebody for rape why not go to the police and make a criminal compliant and press charges?

GO TO THE POLICE if you are going to report a rape or any other violent criminal activities

what about the rights of people to face their accusers?

I was raped by my supervisor in the Air Force-- I feared that if I reported him, my career would be ruined. I was 17 and drinking underage also, so I was worried that I'd be charged for it and that would hurt my career as well. Sometimes rape victims just want medical care and an ear.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 9:52 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... raped.html

interestingly, this is one of the "false rape accusations" according to the stats, because no conviction ever happened.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 10:01 am

Only 8% of all rape accusations are fake, and they rarely lead to the suspect being convicted.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 2:01 am

^at most. I've seen other stats saying 2%.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 3:22 pm

LKL wrote:

It's anywhere between 0.5% and 20%, according to various sources. 8% seems to be the mean, though... I don't think most women bother to go through a lot of judicial stuff to be mean to someone, though--given that the success rate for false rape accusations are very low.

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 4:12 pm

Kurgan wrote:
LKL wrote:

It's anywhere between 0.5% and 20%, according to various sources. 8% seems to be the mean, though... I don't think most women bother to go through a lot of judicial stuff to be mean to someone, though--given that the success rate for false rape accusations are very low.

But the success rate of ruining a man's reputation is probably 99%. That is what, for these women, is worth the trouble.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 5:08 pm

ModusPonens wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
LKL wrote:

But the success rate of ruining a man's reputation is probably 99%. That is what, for these women, is worth the trouble.

And if the woman eventually withdraws her report, which is often the case? Even if she does not, and the man walks free, most women who falsely accuse men of rape aren't saints themselves. I remember a case like that a couple of years ago, where a man was falsely reported to the police; everyone believed that he was guilty, but when the girl (who was a nutcase) confessed, his reputation was restored.

Don't get me wrong, we shouldn't automatically sentence men to prison just because someone accused them of rape to the police, but most men do not have to worry about anyone ever tainting their reputation with rape accusations.

Regardless, fabricating rape stories can get you in jail, and you'll most likely be convicted to pay a hefty sum to make ammends. I don't think many would go through all that just to gain sympathy.

Last edited by Kurgan on 07 Jan 2014, 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 5:11 pm

ModusPonens wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
LKL wrote:

What, do you think that there are no consequences for the woman for a rape accusation, even if she wins in court? Why, then, do so few women report actual rapes in the first place, hmmm?

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2014, 6:33 pm

I'm not even going to bother with the last two posts.

Read my previous posts.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 10:11 am

Kurgan wrote:
LKL wrote:

The success rate of convictions for actual rape are already low so actually convicting someone on false charges is nearly impossible. False rape accusations are no more common than false reports of any other crime. MRAs just want to pretend it's an epidemic so it fits thier narrative of victimization. In thier eyes, being accused of rape (whether it actually happened or not) is worse than actual rape.

Here's Paul Elam, head of "A Voice for Men" (one of the largest MRA sites):
Quote:
Should I be called to sit on a jury for a rape trial, I vow publicly to vote not guilty, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that the charges are true.

http://www.avoiceformen.com/mens-rights ... al-acquit/

Here's MRA hero Warren Farrell (one of the founders of the movement) equating being a female rape victim with being an unemployed male:
Quote:
Many women report that rape leaves them feeling humiliated, violated helpless, angry, guilty, self blaming, depressive, lower in self-esteem, and suicidal. Their vulnerability leaves them feeling powerless, as if the whole world were an elephant and they are an ant. Similarly, men who are fired or experience any of “the three unemployment’s – underemployment, unemployment, and the fear of unemployment” – often feel humiliated, violated, helpless, angry, guilty, self blaming, depressive, lower in self-esteem, and suicidal.their vulnerability leaves them feeling powerless, as if the whole world were an elephant and they are an ant. (p. 173)

These aren't just some random lone dudes. These are the heads of the movement. Nor are these isolated quotes (I can find plenty of others like this from these guys.) Thier views are not even the slightest bit uncommon amongst thier ilk.

Male rape is an issue and false accusations do happen as well. Denigrating real rape victims, or harassing woman who have the nerve to even talk about the issue of rape, assualt or harassment doesn't help thier cause in the slightest. Yet this seems to be what these people consider activism. They even have a website that they can post the names and all the personal information of women who have expressed seemingly pro-feminism viewpoints (equating them with rapists and murderers) in order to make harassment and intimidation easier:
http://register-her.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 10:22 am

sephardic-male wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Feminist shaming tactic?What???You seem like you desire a war between the sexes.
I've yet to see one of my hens flog a rooster for crowing.There are differences,but we are equal as humans.

shaming tactics are used to shut down debates. feminists calling men opressors and women victims is desiring a war between the sexes.

Rapists are oppressors and rape victims are victims. Sex and gender have nothing to do with it.

I find it funny how someone who ascribes to a movement that thinks c**t, slut, b***h and other female shaming language should be an accepted part of the national lexicon and that women should just have to deal with harassment as part of a culture (i.e. videogames, the workplace) gets so worked up about language being used to oppress him. You play the victim more than any feminist I've ever met and, unlike you, I actually know some IRL (not just the straw feminists living in your head.) Maybe if MRAs spent more time actually trying to help men and less time whining like little boys throwing a tantrum they might have some actual influnce outside the analcesspools of reddit.

ModusPonens
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 10:59 am

I hate that there are these jack*sses who ruin what, otherwise, would be a good cause.

I have no idea how to both protect the rape victims and men falsely acused of rape. Obviously the legislation cannot prohibit or disencourage women to report actual rape. But how could there be a legal penalty strictly to false rape acusations?

I just remembered now something about how advanced email spam filters choose spam, using Baeysian statistics, with literaly 0% chance of sending to the spam folder a legitimate message, unless you "educate" the filter to do so. It's a method of selecting ilegitimate emails with 0% chance of eliminating the legitimate _ although, of course, not good enough to eliminate all the ilegitimate emails that go to the normal folder.

After I read about this again, maybe some useful idea can come out. :shrug:

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2014, 11:49 am

ModusPonens wrote:
I have no idea how to both protect the rape victims and men falsely acused of rape. Obviously the legislation cannot prohibit or disencourage women to report actual rape. But how could there be a legal penalty strictly to false rape acusations?

Why should there be a special offence for the false reporting of only one particular type of crime? Filing a false police report of any crime (rape included) is already a criminal offence, it's called perjury.