Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Paul92
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2014, 2:54 am

Hi there.

Just wondering, is there anybody here who has, or currently has braces on their teeth?

Just keen to see who has.

If you're not camera shy, feel free to upload a photo.

I currently do have braces, and I've had countless times back to the dental practice, to fix brackets that have broken.

I have a nasty habbit of chewing stuff.

Here's a photo to get the ball rolling.

Proudly South African <3

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 4:24 am

I had braces when I was about 11 or 12. I had buck teeth that needed to be corrected. In addition to the braces, I also needed excess gum tissue removed from between my front teeth. Within 6 months, my mouth was completely normal. I still have a minor overbite, but it's probably due to my underdeveloped chin (which the doctors also wanted to do surgery on, but it never came to pass). I also have a small diastema (gap between the front teeth), but I actually like it because I find diastemas to be attractive.

08 May 2014, 4:33 am

Orthodontics is a highly specialized field of dentistry concerned about the treatment of improper bites caused by tooth irregularity, a disproportionate jaw relationship, or both.

In Dubai, a city obsessed with perfection, the use of Orthodontic treatment is extremely popular. In recent years the utilization of ceramic braces has encouraged more and more adults to take advantage of Orthodontic treatments for teeth alignment and beautification.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 7:35 am

I had "railroad tracks" from the ages of 12 to 15.

They hurt like heck sometimes.

The results are worth it, though.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

08 May 2014, 12:42 pm

I had braces for about two years, Sophomore and Junior year of high school. I hated them. :lol:

They left horrible scars in my cheeks and on my lips. :?

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

08 May 2014, 4:11 pm

Had them like over 15+ years ago. They were annoying.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2014, 6:47 pm

Of course they were annoying!

Did they fix your teeth?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2014, 6:38 pm

I had removable ones at around age 10, and fixed ones between 15 and 17.

I remembered someone telling me where they had fixed braces, and showed me the scar it left on their front tooth. I got so paranoid about it that when I got braces, I took half an hour each time to clean my teeth. It's not easy. You have to brush above and below the braces, and use one of those thin brushes to go inbetween each bracket. You also have to keep sticking wax on the sharp bits. I bought tons of wax. Despite having wax, the sharp bits all rub against your cheeks and when you eat, the wax comes off. Then you have to go into the toilets to use a toothpick to pick out all the food that gets stuck between the metal, and apply more wax.

I remember every time they tightened the braces, it was painful. I couldn't eat solids. They sorted out my teeth though.