Gay Guys and Straight Women... why?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NeoPlatonist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2007, 7:07 pm

I was at a party last night to celebrate opening night of a play a lot of us were working on. For the most part it was a pretty damn good party, the booze was flowing freely and the women were looking wonderful. However, here was the rub, apart from a few established couples all the making out was between the gay guys and the single (and sometimes not so single) straight girls. For instance, I was sitting on the couch with one of my friends' girl friend at the other end. One of the gay guys in the cast came over and started running his hands all over her (I probably shouldn't say more outside of the Adult Forum) and she just squealed and was like "oh, stop that!" I mentioned this to my friend, her boyfriend, and he pretty much just said meh, whatever. Another gay guy was going around grabbing breasts. Had I done any of that, I would have probably been thrown out of the window by an drunk and angry mob.

Another girl who I've had my eye on for a while was making out with another gay guy most of the night.

What I would like to know is why girls are drawn to gay guys when there are plenty of single straight guys in the room. Are they afraid to let straight guys get too close because... <GASP> something might actually come of it like a relationship? Do they just feel safer with someone who doesn't really care about them sexually? It's not like we are a bunch of strangers where some rapist might be lurking. I used to think that guys were the only ones afraid of commitment, but this seems to be pretty good evidence to the contrary. What do you all think about this?

I should add that I have nothing against homosexuality in general and I am not bothered in the least when I see two guys making out. I just wish they would stop stealing our women! :roll:

alex
Developer
Developer

10 Feb 2007, 7:09 pm

well maybe you should have tried to do that and if people got mad, well, then you would be right.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2007, 7:19 pm

become Gay and your problem is solved Neo.

Mordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2007, 7:23 pm

It's not about being gay, gay guys (or fake gay guys) know how to bond with women, because they are interested in the things women are and have way more to talk about and bond over. You connect over things you have in common, you are more attracted to people who are like you and share the same thought process then those that are different from you.

Gay guys are not looking to get into a woman's pants (and even if they are it's percieved as 'safe' and 'ok' because he's gay' i.e. like a woman) they are not a "threat" to women, like guys who are just looking to get into their pants (i.e. all of them). They know gay guys are 1) Not looking for a relation ship 2) only looking for fun. 3) will not get overemotionally invested in them sexually, like many of the other guys.

You should really, read "The game" by neil strauss it explains a lot of this stuff nicely. Also ask on mystery's forums, you should get good responses.

charlesbronstein
Raven
Raven

10 Feb 2007, 7:51 pm

.....They still like the affection, or innocent non-sexual cuddling. A girl I used to know would have snuggle parties with her gay roommate quite frequently. It ain't uncommon.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

10 Feb 2007, 9:34 pm

i'm thoroughly convinced girls make out with gay guys at partys like that because they know they dont want to get in thier pants.

Quest_techie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2007, 9:44 pm

[joke] next quesstion would be where do straight guys find attractive lesbians <assuming these gay guys were attractive, otherwise this might be moot> to make out with? [/joke]

NeoPlatonist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Feb 2007, 10:59 pm

Quest_techie wrote:
[joke] next quesstion would be where do straight guys find attractive lesbians <assuming these gay guys were attractive, otherwise this might be moot> to make out with? [/joke]

In pretty much any guy's imagination.... :wink:

alex wrote:
well maybe you should have tried to do that and if people got mad, well, then you would be right.

Because getting S.A.R.N.ed would pretty much ruin the rest of my time here at college (Sexual Assault Resource Network: pretty much a reincarnation of the Salem Witch Trials).

I should add that I'm not desperately trying to hook up at theater parties. Most of the time it ends in far more drama than it is worth. (Think miniature version of tabloid Hollywood). When I was a freshman someone initiated a game of spin the bottle at a theater party (which I thoroughly enjoyed despite it's middle-schoolishness). The repercussions of that lasted for month between many of the upperclassmen. No one knew me then so the drama fortunately didn't extend to me.

Anyway, I was just curious if others had similar experiences.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 12:00 am

I don't know, I just find gays appealing. You know they have no hidden agendas, they're just being flirty and thats it.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 12:43 am

yes.

that is a very good point Hale_bopp/.

goomba
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2007, 12:45 am

RE: gay men. I haven't been around that many homosexuals as far as I know. I don't think I have actually found myself attracted to a gay man, either. I once dated a bi-sexual man that enjoyed "acting gay" for whatever reason, does that count? Dear god he was annoying.

alex wrote:

... is this a joke? I don't get it. Are you saying that the OP should go around molesting people to test his theory? Confusion!
Say it isn't so, alex :cry:

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 2:31 am

1. These girls are Fag Hags.

2. These guys are really bisexual and using their perceived gayness as a way to attract women. Women like gay guys cuz they like to talk about fashion and makeup.

3. What you see is what you get. No hidden agendas. The gay/bi guys are completely upfront and honest. The women do not have to worry about being relentlessly stalked unlike so many straight guys that are too stupid to realize when the girl isn't interested.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 2:35 am

Quest_techie wrote:

It may be a straight guys dream, but it doesn't happen very often. Most lesbians have no use for guys other than to mow the lawn or fix the car. I actually have a number of male friends; however most of my lesbian friends do not associate with males. I am the scourge of the community for talking to them (men).

Geistmann
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2007, 4:07 am

Women want what they can't have. Gay men are unavailable (atleast to women) so it drives them crazy. When I had girlfriends in the past, I'd notice that women would start flirting with me more. Why? Because I wasn't available. As soon as I was single, the flirting stopped. This happens with both sexes, I think. People want what they don't have, yet once they get it the want for that thing leaves and you want something else.....Gimme gimme mentality at work, no?

Makes no sense, but nothing in the NT world does.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2007, 4:14 am

Geistmann wrote:
Women want what they can't have. Gay men are unavailable (atleast to women) so it drives them crazy. When I had girlfriends in the past, I'd notice that women would start flirting with me more. Why? Because I wasn't available. As soon as I was single, the flirting stopped. This happens with both sexes, I think. People want what they don't have, yet once they get it the want for that thing leaves and you want something else.....Gimme gimme mentality at work, no?

Actually When a woman becomes unattainable in my eyes that basically kills off my attraction to them.

Geistmann
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Feb 2007, 4:16 am

newchum wrote:
Geistmann wrote:

Actually When a woman becomes unattainable in my eyes that basically kills off my attraction to them.

Same here, actually.