Hand out a card explaining autism? What should it say?

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 5:42 pm

BigSister wrote:
This child has autism. People with autism may behave in ways different from neurotypicals (people like you and me)

I don't think that it's a good idea to assume that the hypothetical person is neurotypical.

BigSister
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jan 2014, 7:40 pm

Hm...how would you phrase it, then? It has to be a really short definition...

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 7:44 pm

BigSister wrote:

Was this addressed to me? I can't answer your question because I would not do what you intend to do at all.

BigSister
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jan 2014, 7:52 pm

starkid wrote:
BigSister wrote:

Was this addressed to me? I can't answer your question because I would not do what you intend to do at all.

That was, sorry for not being more clear. Why wouldn't you? It seems like most people here are in favor, and I think it'd be really useful for parents (my mom says it would have been great to have when my sister was growing up), but that said if you have a very convincing argument I might reconsider.