Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

RikkiK
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jan 2014, 11:27 pm

She just go there tonight. She's very sweet and shy, she's from South Korea (but has been at school since fall). I talked to her briefly twice tonight, but I feel like I should give her time to unpack in peace. I figure that's more comfortable for everyone than awkward forced chitchat. I can talk to her in the morning, when she is all unpacked and settled in. I didn't have this problem with my first roommate, she was very good at just doing homework and not caring about silence between us. I can't gauge this new roomie yet, ma I doing the right thing?

personworm
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jan 2014, 4:37 am

I can't believe none of us tried to help you out with some advice about your thing! Were all a pack of Arses! Except for Fnord! They say he's alright

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 10:15 am

Doesn't sound to bad. You could always ask her if she needs anything or get to know her a bit by recommending some places to go.

RikkiK
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Jan 2014, 11:02 am

Thank you both!! She's been very comfortable with my silences, and doesn't seem to mind not talking often! We study in quiet at our desks, I think she'll be a very good influence on my grades this semester, her studying inspires me to do my homework when I see her. In the past my roommate was never around so I never felt any pressure to do my homework. It's sort of nice!

We even walked to the gym together the other day, and bonded over the funny fact that we both party despite living on a dry floor :p