Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

diff
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jan 2014, 1:03 am

Does anyone here have experience of successfully changing their monotonal voice? I would like to hear any success stories or tips, tricks etc.

My personal goal is to sing well, but I would also like to have a good sounding voice when I converse with people.

diff
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jan 2014, 2:15 pm

I'm trying to follow these exercises: http://sbinfocanada.about.com/od/speakf ... esson3.htm to fix my monotone voice and hopefully also give myself more inflections. Enunciation isn't really much of a problem, and I don't have any lisp or stuttering problem.. I believe the other exercises are linked on that page are for other problems..

So yea it's quite embarrassing so I am doing it when no one is at home or locked in my car when no one is nearby. If anyone has any other exercises for fixing my monotone voice it'll be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 3:27 pm

What I would recommend is getting into stage acting/performing arts. I don't know your age but if you are still in school then I would get into a drama class and learn acting. Your drama teacher will give you good feedback and point out the things that you need to work on and as an aspie. You get to read and rehearse a script over and over which fit nicely into a routine.

BTW: Don't try singing to fix this problem. Learning to tune your voice to a chromatic scale will not fix your monotone voice problems, In fact, It could make things worse.

It's important to remember that faking it is just that "faking it". No matter how hard you try. You will always come off as a fake in the eye of an NT person. But most of the time its better to fake it then to do nothing at all.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 4:01 pm

I don't have a monotone voice, but I did have a speech impediment when I was younger so I understand your nervousness. It slips sometimes when I'm stressed, but after awhile it became second nature. I'm lucky to have a naturally pleasant voice now.