So I took your advice.... Interesting results.

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 1:40 am

Personally I would not waste time with someone I really didn't think had potential For a long term relationship. Sounds like there are a lot of problems, you might be better of as friends.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 4:11 am

I dunno, I find a Jewish-Islamic relationship is very hard to happen, especially they are Iraqis, if they were non-Arabs or Moroccans/Algerians/Tunisians, probably they would more open to it since those nationalities are distant somehow with the Israeli-Arab conflict.

It's no secret that Jews are generally hated in the Muslim communities.

It's not just about her, it's about her entire family as well.

Herman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2014, 2:28 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I dunno, I find a Jewish-Islamic relationship is very hard to happen, especially they are Iraqis, if they were non-Arabs or Moroccans/Algerians/Tunisians, probably they would more open to it since those nationalities are distant somehow with the Israeli-Arab conflict.

Forgive me for pointing this out, but you have fallen victim to political spin/propaganda. An Islamic family/person would be excited to embrace Jews. The problem here is that buffinator is not a jew, so that cultural/spiritual link is lost. Islam/Christianity/Judaism are the same religion, same god (and a lot ofscripture involved) just differing rituals.

The Israeli conflict is down to Zionism, which is in fact an enemy of Judaism. Iraq does not even have a particular link to the Israel/Palestine issue, but even if they believed in the eradication of the Israeli state, this does not mean there is any conflict with Jews. Many jews, both intelligent and pious also believe in the end of the occupation.

But again, as Buffinator is not a Jew this is all somewhat irrelevant. If this girl sticks to halal etc.. means she is serious about her religious convictions. So there will be no potential with an athiest.

Last edited by Herman on 28 Jan 2014, 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2014, 3:40 pm

Herman wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Forgive me for pointing this out, but you have fallen victim to political spin/propaganda. An Islamic family/person would be excited to embrace Jews. The problem here is that buffinator is not a jew, so that cultural/spiritual link is lost. Islam/Christianity/Judaism are the same religion, same god (and a lot ofscripture involved) just differing rituals.

The Israeli conflict is down to Zionism, which is in fact an enemy of Judaism. Iraq does not even have a particular link to the Israel/Palestine issue, but even if they believed in the eradication of the Israeli state, this does not mean there is any conflict with Jews. Many jews, both intelligent and pious also believe in the end of the occupation.

But again, as Buffinator is not a Jew this is all somewhat irrelevant. If this girl sticks to halal etc.. means she is serious about her religious convictions. So there will be no potential with an athiest.

Your post is nice idealism.

But it's not reality.

Basically, Christians women were less likely to date me (and some rejected for that reason), not because I am atheist, but because of my "Islamic background" (aka family). Muslim women were morel likely to overlook this (some couldn't tho).

The OP has the freedom to try tho.