Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

UndeadToaster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Apr 2014, 9:51 pm

probablyaspie wrote:
Quote:
Anyway, it's causing problems and I want to know if there's anything I can do (without help, preferably) to not care so much about what people think of me and be more secure/independent and empathetic/caring/genuinely nice.

You need something real that grounds you.
Ask people you trust what they honestly think of you, and be honest in return. Having honest dialogues often with trusted people can possibly ground you. Spend time with them too.
This, however, goes against your wishes of being more secure/independent, because it suggests you of a possible flaw that is out of your control and therefore having to be dependent on others.
Currently, you're at an unrealistic fantasy pertaining to people and you're having trouble staying in reality.

That's a good point... Thank you.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2014, 1:09 am

starvingartist wrote:
Erwin wrote:
No such thing as narcissistic people. Fail psychologists are real though. I wish they'd actually research with a clear mind. You're completely ordinary. But know that people don't judge unless you offend them. But it can easily be resolved. All fights humans have are misunderstandings. Try it. (No, not offending them)

this is just patently false. narcissism is VERY real and it does a LOT of damage in the world.

to the OP: wanting to be more secure within yourself so you have more genuine empathy and caring to offer to other people is a very laudable goal, and i hope you find a way to pursue it.

We don't have the technology to know what creates it so we don't know if it's real or not. I for one know that it isn't normal and I know who could have caused it.

UndeadToaster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Apr 2014, 3:30 pm

I don't care if NPD is a thing or not... All I know is that I am far more self-centered than I want to be. I'm never going to be satisfied if I stay as I am.

breezeblocks
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Apr 2014, 1:13 pm

I can definitely relate to not wanting to be narcissistic and have been fearful for a while. I have a lot of traits and wonder if I really care about anyone at all and I can be so hateful when thinking about people sometimes. Then there's the issue with jealousy and hard time admitting people are better at me than things.
Npd is mostly an esteem thing. Good thing is that you don't display any major traits so you probably don't have it. Maybe talk to a therapist!