Page 6 of 6 [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 12:30 am

I have come to my senses and my rational and logical side has taken over! Most feminist are ok with men, they do not hate men at least most of them dont they just want to see women equal to men and not above nor below, nor do they condone violence towards men and may also frown against domestic violence towards men just like domestic violence towards women. Feminists just want gender equality for both men and women at least the non radicals but radicals in any group deserve to be trolled. MRAs probably see it the same way but are sick and tired of the vilification of males which I can understand completely. But how I see it I am fairly in between political wise but see rape and abuse of either gender as wrong and should not be abused same with discrimination of gender I hate it we all are equal we may be different but we are not better than the other! We are all human sure women dont need men and men dont need women but deep down inside we do need and want eachother.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 3:01 am

Dione wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Dione wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Girl power?

No, this is not girl power. This is a person being wholly in the wrong. Girl power would be a woman telling the cheating boyfriend off for what he did and breaking it off with him with no violence. I would be just as disgusted if a man was caught beating a woman in a similar fashion.
Is she a feminist? Would feminists look up to her and encourage more domestic violence against men? Maybe he cheated on her because she was already violent with him and he was unsatisfied with the way she treats him it goes both ways sometimes people want to escape. I mean if she was violent with him I wouldn't blame him for cheating on her same with if a man was violent with a woman, I wouldn't blame her for cheating on him either, although I do not condone cheating because it ruins relationships and breaks hearts, I would look the other way in those abusive circumstances!

I would say that no, she isn't, and I would hope that other feminists would not look up to her. This woman is no more a role model than a man who beats a woman is. Domestic violence, be it created by a man or a woman, is a huge problem and should never be condoned under any circumstances. I wouldn't blame him for cheating if she was violent with him either, but I don't condone cheating at the same time. He did right by not hitting back and letting the authorities take care of her because as my mom used to say, two wrongs never make a right.
Glad were on the same page then if a woman is violent and abusive with me this time I will either leave her or cheat on her then call the cops on her if she beats me!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 3:27 pm

Dione wrote:
I would say that no, she isn't, and I would hope that other feminists would not look up to her. This woman is no more a role model than a man who beats a woman is. Domestic violence, be it created by a man or a woman, is a huge problem and should never be condoned under any circumstances. I wouldn't blame him for cheating if she was violent with him either, but I don't condone cheating at the same time. He did right by not hitting back and letting the authorities take care of her because as my mom used to say, two wrongs never make a right.

Had violence had been required to ensure his safety he would be fully justified in doing so. Those who initiate violence waive their otherwise inherent right to be free from violence.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 12:39 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Glad were on the same page then if a woman is violent and abusive with me this time I will either leave her or cheat on her then call the cops on her if she beats me!

I want to know who has time for those kinds of women? And why is it so important to impress them or argue with them?

Much of the vocal side of feminism amounts to little more than an echo chamber. I believe we've seen how easily feminist rhetoric can take a grossly abusive turn. You don't have to agree with them, but if you disagree, you better keep it to yourself. Because other opinions or effective rebuttals are nothing more than misogynistic hatred, or if not the case, the speaker has been co-opted by the patriarchy, i.e. stupid, unambitious women who actually prefer to be stay-at-home moms while the husbands do all the "work-work." I like to think the pro-male responses in this thread alone is reflective of how most feminists ACTUALLY feel.

I'm all about equality of the sexes, so according to some labels that makes me a feminist. But what is equality? Do a little digging and you find that while CERTAIN feminists preach equality of the sexes, what they really mean by "equality" is that the female sex is "more equal" than the male. In that way, it's difficult to discern any meaningful difference between Feminists™ and the so-called "patriarchy" they so adamantly oppose.

THOSE Feminists™ aren't interested in dialogue. So don't dialogue with them. Find a nice girl to talk to who won't give you a hard time, and don't return her pleasantness by giving her a hard time. Forget about "those" women. They're just not that important.

As to the cheating comment…I don't know why anyone would condone cheating at all. Not saying I'm guiltless, but I can honestly say there's been no cheating in my relationship in over 9 years, and really not even any desire to cheat. I was in a lengthy relationship with someone who was often abusive towards me, and really I just wanted to be in a relationship more than anything else. So when I actually did get out of town for any length of time, it was easier to find girls I had more in common with. I don't mind admitting to cheating at that time. But it was never the right thing to do. As a young teenager, I wasn't really looking ahead to adult life, else, duh, if it's that easy to meet women over a week or just on the weekend, MAYBE being single isn't so bad. And I won't even discuss my first year at college. I'd have been better off single and having the freedom to go off in another direction rather than trying to stay with someone who was wrong for me AND have a little fun on the side. It wasn't really worth it, and I'm not even trying to make a moral/ethical statement here, either. No teenager should be THAT high strung. If she's giving you a hard time, beating you physically or verbally, cut her loose. You don't need that.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 1:48 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
Mamselle wrote:
Hating men as a group isn't feminism. It's sexism.
Agreed 100%. Unfortunately, it seems the majority of "radical feminists" don't want men having any input regarding causes they support. Women like that usually spew nonsense like "your opinion on abortion doesn't matter, because you'll never be pregnant!"

I agree with you there.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Jan 2015, 7:25 pm

NobodyKnows wrote:
She says that we're under pressure "to prove your manhood by having lots of sex; learning to see women as sex objects, and struggling to have meaningful relationships with them." Most American men don't have lots of sex. They usually have less sex than women,

Could you clarify how your link supports your claim? The stats on frequency of sex don't provide overall averages.

alcockell
Raven
Raven

18 Jan 2015, 6:47 am

The_Walrus wrote:
NobodyKnows wrote:
She says that we're under pressure "to prove your manhood by having lots of sex; learning to see women as sex objects, and struggling to have meaningful relationships with them." Most American men don't have lots of sex. They usually have less sex than women,

Could you clarify how your link supports your claim? The stats on frequency of sex don't provide overall averages.

Green's flavour of feminism has collapsed to a mix of Erica Jong (use sex as a weapon to control men cos you hate them) and Andrea Dworkin (all men are rapists, sex is evil).

Also strikes me that "annulment of consent" (Jessica Valenti) is a scary twist on "annulment of marriage". The old RC idea of annulment was that the marriage apparently never happened.

Looks like a litmus test question for any self identified feminist is where they stand re Christina Hoff Sommers. As Nancy Friday was one of her cohort...

SashaHunter
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Jan 2015, 9:56 am

(Being somewhat facetious, of course ;) )

NobodyKnows
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2015, 12:45 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
NobodyKnows wrote:

I didn't see your reply until just now.

You're correct that it doesn't show overall averages, but that wouldn't be helpful for heterosexual sex (which is what Ms. Green was referring to). By definition, there will be one member of each gender involved in each act.

I'm happy to re-phrase my rebuttal: "Most American men don't have lots of sex. They have sex less regularly than women."

Whathappened
Raven
Raven

22 Mar 2015, 6:18 am

I think a Hegelian dialectic has been slowly introduced and formed to the public where there is the rights of women - and then there are the "patriarchal and controlling men" ...eliminating flexibility and normal freedom of thought, because we have been conditioned to think within this dialectic.

I've never liked feminism and always felt it was slightly subversive, but didn't know why. I think now, I have a better understanding of why. It's the same as the "white priveledge" narrative that has cropped up and become popular lately. It attacks, and if you disagree with it - you are racist, bigoted, hateful, fear mongering etc.
All of these ideologies are purposely designed to manipulate and shift the balance of power, mainly to weaken who it is they attack.