31 Jan 2014, 2:26 am

How does this video make you feel?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VamWnqE0UAE[/youtube]

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 2:31 am

It all kinda looks like an act to me.

Last edited by EzraS on 31 Jan 2014, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

qawer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 2:56 am

The guy on the right is not acting, from what I can tell from his body language.

Solitudinarian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jan 2014, 3:06 am

What it makes me feel is that the pushy and repulsive creature with the microphone should be locked away in an institution that specializes on the treatment of being-a-total-d*ck disorder. And I feel the same way about whoever came up with the title of this video.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 3:10 am

EzraS wrote:
I all kinda looks like an act to me.

I concur!

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 12:58 pm

Solitudinarian wrote:
What it makes me feel is that the pushy and repulsive creature with the microphone should be locked away in an institution that specializes on the treatment of being-a-total-d*ck disorder. And I feel the same way about whoever came up with the title of this video.

Same here.

qawer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2014, 2:19 pm

Solitudinarian wrote:
And I feel the same way about whoever came up with the title of this video.

Just to rule out any potential misunderstanding: I did not upload the video (and did not come up with the title of the video), I only made a reference.

Solitudinarian, I agree with you.

Solitudinarian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Feb 2014, 3:15 am

Sorry, I didn't mistake you for the uploader and didn't mean to imply as much :) That was just a comment on the title.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 3:45 pm

This video reminds me of situations I've been in, where someone like the guy on the left was joking with me, and picking on me because I didn't want to go along with something, or didn't feel like being sociable or just whatever they saw as a reason to pick on me. And then someone else like the guy in the middle would sort of collude with them, someone that I felt should have been sticking up for me but instead it's like they suddenly turn on you and gang up on you.

I would react, not like the guy on the right, but in a more defiant, silent sort of way, which would actually make it worse because the instigator would take it like a challenge and just lay it on worse.

I feel bad for the guy on the right because it seems like he is basically just trapped by these other two jerks. He can't just walk away, apparently he already tried to do that and the interviewer just tracked him down and forced him to talk. Very, very familiar scenario for me.

Oh yeah it also reminds me of one time in 10th grade when this one guy was picking on me, acting like he was flirting with me but doing it in a really hostile way, and he got up in my face like he was going to try to kiss me. I just froze and stared at him. I didn't know what to do. This video depresses me.

Norepinephrine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Feb 2014, 10:19 pm

I've seen far worse. To be honest, this video didn't strike me as being that bad. I feel kind of bad for the guy. The guy interviewing just seemed like a dick.

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2014, 11:52 pm

Looks like one of those comedy Videos with a hint of Borat.
At least they were not joking about not having a sex life-like my workmates were last night.

qawer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 1:58 am

dianthus wrote:
This video depresses me.

Sorry about that dianthus, was in no way intended. Remember, we are on your team!

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 3:03 am

qawer wrote:
Sorry about that dianthus, was in no way intended. Remember, we are on your team!

No need to apologize qawer, but thanks I appreciate that.

qawer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 3:34 am

dianthus wrote:
qawer wrote:

No need to apologize qawer, but thanks I appreciate that.

I know, just do not want to make anyone depressed (-:

Solitudinarian
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2014, 4:16 am

dianthus wrote:
This video reminds me of situations I've been in, where someone like the guy on the left was joking with me, and picking on me because I didn't want to go along with something, or didn't feel like being sociable or just whatever they saw as a reason to pick on me. And then someone else like the guy in the middle would sort of collude with them, someone that I felt should have been sticking up for me but instead it's like they suddenly turn on you and gang up on you.

I know exactly what you mean. I've been in plenty of "oh, this guy? We don't really know him, but yeah, he's kinda weird" situations as a teenager. It's especially bad if you got along great with such "friends" until puberty struck and they suddenly seemed to feel embarrassed for and weirded out by you all the time. To make things worse, it was them who always invited me and dragged me along. I was always afraid of being a bother and would have been happy to stay at home reading a book, but I guess they felt some sort of obligation to a childhood friend who was suddenly all weird and socially inept. Either that or they wanted someone around who made a couple of nerdy NTs look normal by comparison (and by means of picking on me in front of others).

What hurts even more though is when a parent acts along these lines. When the one person who always stood up for you, and is your sole remaining attachment figure, starts apologizing on your behalf to complete strangers and unsolicitedly tells them that you've been a very sick child with asthma and allergies and whatnot. As if to say "it wasn't me or my parenting, or my genes for that matter, please believe me when I tell you that we aren't circus freaks in our family, it's just this one messed-up kid who had such a difficult childhood and banged his head pretty hard that one time on the playground when he was five, so hopefully that explains it, please don't let his utter weirdness tarnish my social reputation".

Blood isn't always thicker than water I suppose. Well, that person won't have to worry about how my oddities reflect on her social standing ever again. And neither will my sperm donor, seeing as I haven't spoken to them in more than a decade. They don't even know about my relatively recent autism diagnosis. I've lived 90% of my life thinking that I was perfectly "normal" aside from being pathologically shy, and everyone else was exceptionally sh*tty to me for some unfathomable reason. I even considered the possibility that I had gone delusional at some point in my early teens and simply imagined everything from then on. So up until my diagnosis, I wasn't sure that I could trust my own senses anymore. Sorry about the rant, but emotional vomiting is very cathartic and I kinda need that right now.

PS: Does anybody else have the strange urge to format a longer post in a way that all paragraphs have about the same length? I've noticed that recently about my posting style.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 4:50 am

What is humiliating about it please?

I just see a group of people being people doing people things which sometimes involves being silly with each other. Why is this humiliating?