white people: Do you secretly wish you were black?

Page 3 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you wish you were black?
I wish I was black 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
I wish I were a different race that doesn't fit into the category of white or black 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I wish I were of mixed race 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I don't care/don't wish I were black 86%  86%  [ 44 ]
Total votes : 51

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 6:03 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Sometimes I wish I wasnt white so I dont have to bear the guilt of what white people did to others in the past!

why ? how far do you want to go ? should the Italians apologise to other Europeans for what the Romans did ? .

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 6:41 am

It's not something I had ever wished, but I wouldn't mind it at all.

Mixed race would be perfect though.

Certainly more interesting than being scarily pale white.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 5:12 pm

It's never occurred to me, since I have grown up around people who the majority were white, so I didn't think anything of it.

I seem to be the type of person who only wants what the majority of people around me have. Like if everyone but me were rich, I would want to be rich. But because I don't know many rich people, only people who have to work hard to earn their money what are low to average income, I don't really think about it, although sometimes I do wish I was rich, but we all do. Otherwise it's not really a thought that takes over my mind and life.

Wishing I were neurotypical because the rest around me are all neurotypicals is something that does get to me and does take over my mind and life.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 6:39 pm

Uprising wrote:

But, that's the master race!

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2014, 6:44 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Uprising wrote:

But, that's the master race!

Post to avatar correlation is strong on this one.

joeyyeoj
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2014, 4:43 pm

I'm white and I'm fine with it. But I would like it if I had afro textured hair because it would be easier to make dreadlocks :geek:

Bateman
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Feb 2014, 5:23 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Sometimes I wish I wasnt white so I dont have to bear the guilt of what white people did to others in the past!

If the African nations had risen up first and conquered an uncivilized Europe, they'd have done the same thing. Slavery and violence and prejudice aren't concepts which come with white skin, they're concepts which come with being human. All humans are terrible to each other when they don't know any better, or when they're following the orders of someone who doesn't know any better, and passing the blame is an easy job.
Black tribesmen used to enslave other black tribesmen, defeated enemy tribesmen. Many of the black slaves owned by white men were originally black slaves of black tribesmen, who sold on what they had. Before white men had black slaves, white men had white slaves. And during the 'Barbary Slave Trade', black Muslim men had white slaves. Fun.

And to answer the question: no. I just like how I look.
I'd probably prefer to be Asian than black, but I don't desire to be, or find myself very repelled by the idea of, either.

Dhawal
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 9:16 pm

I'm from India, but inside I feel African spiritually (not African-American). Something inside me feels that I'm connected with that continent.

How do NTs do that?

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 10:34 pm

^^^^

we all are unless your Christian and don't believe in science...

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 10:41 pm

I secretly wish I were a thirteen feet tall hairy beast with a two feet long dong.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 11:53 pm

No, but I wish I had the power to give annoying people week-long episodes of uncontrollable flatulence. You know the ones that cut you off driving, etc.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 1:01 am

Back when I was a kid, I wished I was black because I thought the color was pretty and it was unique. Then when I learned about racism, I became glad I was white and didn't wish I was black.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Feb 2014, 1:22 am

League_Girl wrote:
Back when I was a kid, I wished I was black because I thought the color was pretty and it was unique. Then when I learned about racism, I became glad I was white and didn't wish I was black.

So in other words, you became a racist and glad you weren't black but white instead ??? :?

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 4:16 am

League_Girl wrote:

well I learned to late you had to be a sheeple , unique = never fit in , I can't hate them I have to pity them .

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 5:30 am

you have got to be kidding! :?:

White privilege is the ONLY privilege I DO have, I am female, grew up poor and stayed disadvantaged most of my life and am way at the bottom now, I am also lesbian. I am in no way going to wish that upon myself in a society that I am certain would just subject me to far more hate and marginalization.

RedStar98
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Feb 2014, 5:45 am

I'd just like to make it clear that I'm not a racist or white supremacist, white nationalist or anything like that, but I like being white and have no 'guilt' for it at all. I don't believe that's a racist comment- everyone should be able to like their culture/background, right? I am kind of annoyed with the automatic assumption that some people have the racism only occurs from white people against others, which is simply incorrect, as I would know from personal experience (as a young child I had to put up with a lot of racially motivated comments from non-white kids, which was completely ignored by the school). We don't control what our ancestors did in the past, why feel shame for it? I like how I am.