white people: Do you secretly wish you were black?

Page 5 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you wish you were black?
I wish I was black 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
I wish I were a different race that doesn't fit into the category of white or black 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I wish I were of mixed race 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I don't care/don't wish I were black 86%  86%  [ 44 ]
Total votes : 51

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 4:53 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
wrong thread :wink:

How so? Light skin requires less sunlight to absorb vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential in good bone health. Dark skin doesn't do as well in northern climates with low sunlight and can eventually lead to rickets in children or osteomalacia in adults.

ok missed it , depressive / anxious people are very low in vit d which I was 8O , yes dark skinned people are more prone to this.

sorry I missed your point :oops:

how many people are aware of the vit d - depression link 8O

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 4:59 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

How so? Light skin requires less sunlight to absorb vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential in good bone health. Dark skin doesn't do as well in northern climates with low sunlight and can eventually lead to rickets in children or osteomalacia in adults when under a severe vitamin D deficiency.

good point, darker skin was an adaptation to being able to live in harsher amounts of sun without burning as badly where you get plenty of sun to get your Vitamin D

being light is an adaptation to needing to gain as much Vitamin D as you can possibly get even though it leaves you vulnerable to many things - lack of melanin is a deficiency that hurt yo8ur eyes (more cataracts) and you will burn more - skin cancer, and a number of other difficulties, but it is needed for the higher latitudes

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2014, 4:56 pm

GivePeaceAChance wrote:
Lace-Bane wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

How so? Light skin requires less sunlight to absorb vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential in good bone health. Dark skin doesn't do as well in northern climates with low sunlight and can eventually lead to rickets in children or osteomalacia in adults when under a severe vitamin D deficiency.

good point, darker skin was an adaptation to being able to live in harsher amounts of sun without burning as badly where you get plenty of sun to get your Vitamin D

being light is an adaptation to needing to gain as much Vitamin D as you can possibly get even though it leaves you vulnerable to many things - lack of melanin is a deficiency that hurt yo8ur eyes (more cataracts) and you will burn more - skin cancer, and a number of other difficulties, but it is needed for the higher latitudes

You guys may find ........... interesting on the subject of racism

Moderator edit:
I don't find racist sites with contributions from KKK members interesting, and your link to that site contravened the rules of WP. Indirect racism is not protected from the rules.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 5:39 pm

MrOddBall wrote:
GivePeaceAChance wrote:
Lace-Bane wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

You guys may find this interesting on the subject of racism

your link did not show up until I was going to reply with a "what?"

and after reading the article - I call class A trolling - especially as it is directed to 3 people discussing simple adaptations

I seriously wish this forum had a block feature I have run across you more than once

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 5:43 pm

nick007 wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
Yeah, so I can say n****r a lot and not be thought a jerk when I do.

agree it's ok when they do it . :wink:
They say it with an A at the end instead of an E R. An E R at the end is the way it was siad by white slave owners. Black culture decided to own the word for themselves & changed the E R to an A.

All the kids I know, both white and black, call each other "n***a". I've seen white people call other white people that, or black people that and black people call white people or black people that. It doesn't matter to them it seems. It seems to be used like we used the word "man" in the 70's. It was ok to use it for a man or a woman and it doesn't mean you are a male, it means you are a sort of peer. n***a seems to be the same way now. Of course that doesn't mean you use it the way the KKK does or anything, as an insult. It's just in the vernacular now as meaning something else to this next generation. It's even shortened. One white kid I was talking to about something else on FB the other night said to me "Yeah, I feel ya nig". We are both white people.

And I have wished I had more olive skin like my Italian or Indian ancestors, because that's the most attractive look I think, so naturally, I wished for it. Everybody has a look they feel is the most attractive and thats what they go for. There is no right or wrong in that opinion.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 7:14 pm

^^^

some common sense , some people are precious with these things .

MrOddBall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Feb 2014, 9:15 pm

GivePeaceAChance wrote:
MrOddBall wrote:
GivePeaceAChance wrote:
Lace-Bane wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

and after reading the article - I call class A trolling - especially as it is directed to 3 people discussing simple adaptations

I seriously wish this forum had a block feature I have run across you more than once

I wasn't trolling but trying to point out that none of us really know our history that well ! Jesus f*****g Christ none of us Caucasians aren't really that racist according to the black population and that s**t like slavery and using it against us isn't a valid point anymore! I'm innocent, you're innocent, we're all innocent of not oppressing black people but they still like to act like victims and play their little polar bear game!

I have something against them who play the polar bear game not against everyone who has that skin color. Too bad hating someone who you dislike and is different from your own skin color is considered racism now-a-days :|

If you have something against me fine, what-the-fuck-ever, just ignore me like everyone else does here and leave me the hell alone ! Here, you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone! I won't even post in the same mother f*****g threads you do, okay ?

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 10:35 pm

I agree with odd ball , take Oprah as a example , all ways playing the race card (pity the billionaire ) she was in Zurich and the store attendant made some remarks that the $ 10,000 , was not available implying she was to black to afford it according to Oprah media whore screams racism! no I tell you what is was wounded ego that she was not reconised , she claims she didn't want to draw attention on herself :roll: , yet their she is in the media telling it about her "ordeal" .

The "average" Swiss are great they are about as celebrity struck as a autistic :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 10:35 pm

edit :

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 10:43 pm

MrOddBall wrote:
GivePeaceAChance wrote:
MrOddBall wrote:
GivePeaceAChance wrote:
Lace-Bane wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

I wasn't trolling but trying to point out that none of us really know our history that well ! Jesus f***ing Christ none of us Caucasians aren't really that racist according to the black population and that sh** like slavery and using it against us isn't a valid point anymore! I'm innocent, you're innocent, we're all innocent of not oppressing black people but they still like to act like victims and play their little polar bear game!

I have something against them who play the polar bear game not against everyone who has that skin color. Too bad hating someone who you dislike and is different from your own skin color is considered racism now-a-days :|

If you have something against me fine, what-the-f**k-ever, just ignore me like everyone else does here and leave me the hell alone ! Here, you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone! I won't even post in the same mother f***ing threads you do, okay ?

Instead of getting defensive and proclaiming your innocence why don't you try to empathize with the victims of racism. Or better yet just focus on the topic. This was supposed to be a survey. It's not a debate about who is and isn't racist. I'd rather this thread die than to have turn into a "I'm white and I'm not racist" thread. No ones accusing you of anything so why do you feel the need to defend yourself?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 8:48 pm

Honestly? No. Because then I'd have to deal with racism on top of everything else - sexism, agism, and anti-autistic people. :(

Of course there are plenty of misconceptions about white people, like assuming we're all evil. Not that I don't entirely disagree with that...

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 10:21 pm

I felt this way when I was about six and seven and then I grew out of it. Now I don't care if I am white and I don't wish to be black.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2015, 10:48 pm

I've always wondered how I and my life would have been different if I were born of a different race.

I don't have any problem with being white though. Secretly wishing to be black sounds kind of pointless

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 12:12 am

I am who I am. I already feel alien enough in this world, if I suddenly changed what I looked like, it would make it worse.
I'm a mutt, and I'm fine with it. Everyone experiences judgment of some sort, it doesn't matter what you are. It depends on where you are, or what you're wearing, as to what kind of discrimination you experience, and how bad it is.

Perry_957
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Oct 2016, 5:02 am

edit: extreme racist content

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2016, 10:02 am

Sometimes I wish I wasn't white just because I feel that white is boring. And also I kind of feel bad when people say that white people are bad. I didn't ask to be this colour!! !