Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 1:14 am

I hate it when people joke around with me and tease me, especially when I'm trying to work on something, but I can enjoy a good joke, or laugh my ass off at a movie/comic/show/whatever. I'm not terribly good at coming up with my own jokes, though I do have a penchant for whipping out sarcasm and backhanded compliments. I think it's ironic that I'm good at giving out sarcasm however, as I'm terrible at interpreting it when other people use it.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

12 Feb 2014, 3:16 am

Why, yes. But it can sometimes be a bit deranged. It's mostly oddball. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 3:34 am

theres having a sense of humour,and understanding the concept of humour.
mine is unintentional extreme-able to give and find humour in anything,very simple and toilet humour,but am unable to understand the concept of humour that is based around things that havent actualy happened.

have been told for years if it wasnt for the communication disability and sensory issues, woud be perfect to work at manchesters frog and bucket comedy club>the once monthly frogtastic night which is for comedians and attendees with intelectual disability.

am still amazed that people thought we were humourless for so long,and some still do. :roll:

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Davvo7
Toucan
Toucan

12 Feb 2014, 4:55 am

Whilst growing up I realised that I couldn't fight (found that out the hard way!), nor could I run very fast so the best way to put off bullies was to make them laugh. Humour is an excellent social lubricant but you have to be very careful and make sure the situation is right before bringing some light-hearted banter into things. I've used it a lot in my attempts to 'pass' and fit in but it can be hard to maintain and I was always a bit annoyed that people only saw the superficial side of me - which in turn was an act anyway! That said, the idea was to get in and out of meetings/encounters etc as soon as possible with minimal exposure so it has been effective. Self deprecating humour can be useful in some situations too, but that sails very close to hitting my own self critical buttons which can be probelmatic. Being my age is useful as I can make a lot of 'old age' or 'senior moment' gags to cover my social faux pas.

I love one liner comedians like Tim Vine, Stewart Francis or Steven Wright. I also like more hard hitting outsider type of stuff like the late great Bill Hicks did.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 5:01 am

I have a sense of humour, but it's fairly eccentric. I use a lot of wordplay that in excess pisses others off, and rarely do I laugh at anything someone tells or shows me (especially YouTube videos), which makes me feel incredibly awkward because I know I'm supposed to be laughing. I try and hide it by smiling and cracking a chuckle every now and then, but I'm not sure to what degree that works. I find my sense of humour highly situational and contextual. Loud, strange noises/reactions and unexpected things, as I slightly alluded to in my previous post also entertain me:

Norny wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I have a sense of humor. But it has to be clever witty stuff.
There are a lot of popular stand up comedians who do not get a single laugh out of me.
I might think they are amusing, but i do not laugh that easily.

This is the same as me, but I also laugh if something ridiculously stupid suddenly happens like someone randomly getting hit by a water balloon and then getting mad.

------------------------------------

Davvo7 wrote:
Whilst growing up I realised that I couldn't fight (found that out the hard way!), nor could I run very fast so the best way to put off bullies was to make them laugh. Humour is an excellent social lubricant but you have to be very careful and make sure the situation is right before bringing some light-hearted banter into things. I've used it a lot in my attempts to 'pass' and fit in but it can be hard to maintain and I was always a bit annoyed that people only saw the superficial side of me - which in turn was an act anyway! That said, the idea was to get in and out of meetings/encounters etc as soon as possible with minimal exposure so it has been effective. Self deprecating humour can be useful in some situations too, but that sails very close to hitting my own self critical buttons which can be probelmatic. Being my age is useful as I can make a lot of 'old age' or 'senior moment' gags to cover my social faux pas.

I love one liner comedians like Tim Vine, Stewart Francis or Steven Wright. I also like more hard hitting outsider type of stuff like the late great Bill Hicks did.

That was my attempt too throughout primary school (and years 8/7). I'd make comments in their proximity that I thought the bullies would perceive as being funny/cool to avoid drawing their attention. Fortunately for myself, I didn't have to worry about bullying as much as others because for most of my high-schooling I attended a select entry school, where bullying was virtually non-existent as everyone was some kind of nerd.

dottsie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Feb 2014, 11:12 am

I have a pretty odd sense of humor. The most random things can make me laugh.

For example, I find things like "when u mom com home and make hte spagheti" hilarious. Google it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 11:21 am

I understand humour and watch comedy related stuff. I like British humour the best. However, I've been told that I have a strange sense of humour.

Voider
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Feb 2014, 11:55 am

Most definitely. I usually laugh every once in a while at unexpected things or at some of my favorite shows. I'm into classic sketch comedy, but other types of comedy such as slapstick aren't really that funny to me.

hyena
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2014, 12:16 pm

I also have a wacky sense of humor. I often make jokes while looking completely serious which takes others by surprise. There are few limits to things I joke about.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 1:54 pm

I have a very offbeat sense of humor, though I prefer to keep a lot my jokes in my head because I'm bad at predicting outcomes. I never seem to make "normal" jokes; either what I say totally bombs or leaves people in fits. I'm also fluent in scarcasm, which is kind of ironic because I suck at perceiving it in others.

I love watching unrestrained and creative comedies. Rick and Morty is a show that aired recently and I absolutely love it. Monty Python (both the show and movies) is also a favorite.

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 10:09 pm

I definitely have a sense of humor (as well as a sense of humour - need to appeal to those on the other side of the pond, down under, etc.)

I know how to use several forms of humo(u)r, and like to crack jokes if the situation allows for it.
-Sarcasm - only around people who I know will understand and appreciate it
-General "kidding around"/young at heart - I was at a recent CARD (Center for Autism and Related Disabilities) conference and they had a series of sessions only for those of us on the spectrum. We thought it was funny to post a "No NTs allowed" sign on the door (similar to kids building a fort and posting "No girls allowed")
-Potty humour
-Puns - I know someone on the spectrum who loves to make puns and it's fun to try and create new ones
-Inside jokes - I really enjoy jokes that appeal to a certain group of people. Internet memes also fall under that category
-Adult humour - People don't think of me as someone who would use this humour (as if I was living in a bubble or something), and are surprised when I show that I do understand it. Again, something that I only use around the "right" type of people, and is only amusing if used in moderation

RichardJ
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 10:57 pm

Ashariel wrote:
bumble wrote:
:lol: How many have you found thus far?

Let's see...
- forget to put bread in toaster (yes I am that stupid)
- forget to push lever on toaster
- toaster randomly fails anyway (happens 3 out of 4 times)
- forget to flip toast over for the second round (because my toaster sucks)
- forget to catch it at that critical moment before it turns black
- forget that I was making toast altogether, and wonder why I'm hungry

You don't even want to hear about my extensive comedy repertoire of screwing up tea... Let's just say I've managed to explode a microwave oven in the process...

Forgot about toast while on computer and the toaster jammed. 1/2 hour later I remember, the kitchen was full of smoke. :lol:

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2014, 3:25 am

Whenever people joke around and I take it the wrong way, they often say something like "what? I was just teasing", so I often reply by saying that I don't really have a sense of humor. I know that this isn't really true and that people would probably have a hard time believing this, but it just seems easier than trying to explain on the spot that I have Aspergers and that I have a hard time certain types of humor as a result.

TheCrookedFingers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2014, 6:32 am

I try. I think my sense of humor is a bit quirky, though. I am not easily amused, but there are many things that I find funny (they're just a bit odd). I am ok at pretending to find other people's jokes funny but I think most of the time they're boring.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2014, 6:40 am

No!

I have no sense of humour whatsoever.

Why would I even want a sense of humour?

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2014, 8:26 am

I do have a sense of humor but I am pretty careful not to use it as no one "gets" me

I am also usually the last one in the room to get a joke. but I do enjoy comedies

I hate a lot of things though that some people consider funny, in my opinion some subjects are off limit, for example never make fun of a person at their or a relatives funeral, rape jokes are wrong (I will not discuss this), I also hate all racism (and pretty much all isms)