Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hyena
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2014, 6:31 pm

Do you understand humor or are you confused by it? Do you watch comedies? Also do you make jokes frequently?

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 6:42 pm

My favorite humor is quirky and unexpected – usually when the person wasn't trying to be funny. :P

(Half the time it's myself that I'm laughing at... My life is basically a comedy of errors, and I crack myself up on a daily basis with my sheer stupidity!)

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 6:52 pm

I do have a sense of humour but people can often take me seriously when I am joking and vice versa :lol:

My favourite comedian is Lee Evans or similar.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 6:53 pm

Ashariel wrote:
My favorite humor is quirky and unexpected – usually when the person wasn't trying to be funny. :P

(Half the time it's myself that I'm laughing at... My life is basically a comedy of errors, and I crack myself up on a daily basis with my sheer stupidity!)

I find my bloopers funny as well.

Bumbles blooper reel amuses me.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 6:57 pm

bumble wrote:

Haha! I'm currently working on "20 ways to screw up making toast."

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 6:59 pm

Ashariel wrote:
bumble wrote:

Haha! I'm currently working on "20 ways to screw up making toast."

:lol: How many have you found thus far?

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 7:10 pm

I love humor, it's the only thing that keeps me sane. If I couldn't laugh at this neurotypical society and it's irrational rules and standards, I'd blow a gasket.

When I was a child, sometimes humor and metaphoric slang expressions confused me, because I took them literally. When I took them literally, adults would laugh, thinking I was being intentionally silly, so, as I began to figure out what these things really meant, I understood why they thought my confusion was funny and began to use it as an ice-breaking social tool. I learned to be a goof and make people laugh, because I had no other way to make any kind of connection with them. :oops:

Last edited by Willard on 11 Feb 2014, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 7:13 pm

bumble wrote:
:lol: How many have you found thus far?

Let's see...
- forget to put bread in toaster (yes I am that stupid)
- forget to push lever on toaster
- toaster randomly fails anyway (happens 3 out of 4 times)
- forget to flip toast over for the second round (because my toaster sucks)
- forget to catch it at that critical moment before it turns black
- forget that I was making toast altogether, and wonder why I'm hungry

You don't even want to hear about my extensive comedy repertoire of screwing up tea... Let's just say I've managed to explode a microwave oven in the process...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 8:00 pm

I am an unintentional physical comedian- one day I was negotiating my big flat feet on some short-step stairs descending when my heel missed the top, and I fell upon me tuckas and went BUPBUPBUPBUPBUP all the way down going OW OW OW OWall the way. when I hit the landing below, a door opened and about 5 heads poked out peering at me like I had 3 eyes or something. :oops:

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 9:14 pm

Humor is one of my key traits offline. It gets me comments and helps to cover up awkwardness at the same time.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 9:41 pm

Yes, I love humor. Jokes are often wrapped around a kernel of truth that is not otherwise spoken of, too. I recently read that the basic function of a laugh is to signal that an alarming situation is not dangerous. Very similar brain patterns arise when words or events take any unexpected, quixotic turn.
When I can get a laugh, I feel much safer and more accepted by a group. Sometimes, a bit of comic relief is just a public service, but sometimes, it can be a gentle, effective way to make a point.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 9:50 pm

I have a sense of humor. But it has to be clever witty stuff.
There are a lot of popular stand up comedians who do not get a single laugh out of me.
I might think they are amusing, but i do not laugh that easily.

Villette
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2014, 9:56 pm

Definitely. I love parody and satire, especially political and literary satire. Unfortunately very few people understand my brand of humour. I also like 80's British sitcoms e.g. Are You Being Served? and Allo Allo.

This is a digression, but one of the stars of Allo Allo helped a boy with autism improve. Her name's Vicki Michelle.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 10:08 pm

Yup, learned to use humor to cover up my social awkwardness. Still often function as the "class clown," but now at work instead of in school.

Sarcasm is a GREAT tool! I learned it pretty early because I would say weird things and my parents and/or sister (I'm adopted, and they were all NTs) thought I was just being a wise-ass (and it got me in trouble a lot), so I *learned* how to be a wise-ass so I could use it to my benefit.

Last edited by Eureka13 on 11 Feb 2014, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 10:09 pm

EzraS wrote:
I have a sense of humor. But it has to be clever witty stuff.
There are a lot of popular stand up comedians who do not get a single laugh out of me.
I might think they are amusing, but i do not laugh that easily.

This is the same as me, but I also laugh if something ridiculously stupid suddenly happens like someone randomly getting hit by a water balloon and then getting mad.

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 12:26 am

My sense of humor is what caused the quack who evaluated me last year to claim I couldn't possibly be autistic. That and the fact I could interact with others, but I digress.

If I am actually on the spectrum, even my therapist (who believes I am) says I'm "very high functioning". This proximity to NT may be why I've never noticed a problem laughing at the same sources of humor most people do. (Allowing of course for certain forms of humor I don't like, but that usually involves rough language and coarse subjects.)

Likely the first thing I think of when comedy entertainment comes up is the old "I Love Lucy" TV show. That, and The Three Stooges. (Curly for sure, Shemp too, but please...as little Joe and Curly Joe as possible, please. I've eaten this year.)

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".