Page 7 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 12:36 pm

Yuzu wrote:
I guess.
But I don't know about chatting them up on the spot though. I certainly don't want to be spoken by a stranger when I'm out shopping alone.
I want to ask him where he saw me but he is half my age so I feel kinda icky to talk to him.

Lol, you sexy cougar, you ;)

I can understand not having anything culturally in common, maturity differences, differences in what you want physically, but age is just a number. For all you know he could be an "old soul" that's every bit as mature as yourself. I mean if it was just a coincidence and not some weird stalking thing then I'd say chalk it up to fate and give it a chance myself, you never know. All of this is assuming he's not like middle school/go to jail young, lol. Either way, good luck and stay safe.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 2:24 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZzMtFvQK5g[/youtube]Dating sites in a nutshell! :lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2014, 11:32 pm

:lol:

Dhp
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2014, 1:32 pm

LMAO!! ! That really sums up the problems of dating sites to a tee. It's all fake. If you want a date, there is something out there beyond the internet that might work; has anyone ever heard of "THE REAL WORLD??!" I will never use internet dating sites again,except for okcupid for the sole reason of wanting to find out more about myself and what the right kind of woman would be for me - but not for dating. The end. Thanks for that youtube uplink! That was hilarious.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 1:02 pm

Well I might have to eat my words this weekend! On Monday I logged into my OKCupid to permanently shut it down and noticed I had an incredible 12 visitors in 4 days and 2 messages and one *gasp* was actually very well written! What's more remarkable was that she just signed up and works most evenings (and always on Friday/Saturday evenings) so I would have never have met her in person. She is literally exactly what I am looking for (aside from the opposite work schedules) and the type I have never seen before on a dating site. She asked me out tomorrow and I actually have a good feeling she is as genuine as her messages. She has even asked details about my profile and actually got beyond small talk to find out what really makes me tick without being pushy about it. A first for online dating!

Still, I maintain that I will take down my profile at least for a while once she gives me her # no matter what happens. I will probably never see another 'real' girl like her on a dating site for a long time and it's not worth the headaches and jaded attitude I have developed towards females.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2014, 1:31 pm

*Checks date* No, it's May 2nd, never mind. :lol: Let us know how it goes. I guess it's possible that she's as good as she seems, but I'm not ready to believe it just yet.

baronobeefdip
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2014, 1:36 pm

I have been going at these sites for some time now, and have only managed to get the attentions of cam girls, catfishers, and some very timid characters. They don't leave a number or suggest a meeting location (I always ask to meet in a public place with plenty of people so that she feels safer, under the assumption that she might be thinking about the possibility walking into some kind of trap to force her into some kind of human trafficking ring, obviously I have been watching too much law and order). I started to kick it after I considered the demographic that uses these kinds of sites. older people, men (unattractive, I'm a straight guy but I can tell), unattractive women and if attractive, they live in small towns with a population they are growing tired of and want to expand their outreach. You'll never find any attractive women on these sites for many reasons. Attractive women don't need the assistance of a dating site to meet guys (sometimes girls) assuming that they have offers for drinks or dating requests from strangers throughout the day and have a wide selection to choose from. The attractive ones are either crazy, dim witted, or just plain weird. I personally don't believe in leagues (I assume we've outgrown it upon leaving highschool since cliques not longer exist in the real world, All the popular kids with Histrionic Personality Disorder are probably struggling to thrive in their new environment where they are no longer the primary center of attention and find it difficult to become it. I believe you can have any girl you want under certain conditions and stipulations. Be interesting, just start talking (not about yourself, monologging about something never turns out good seeing that it only makes you come off as arrogant and self absorbed. Ask her the questions since they conveys a message of interest. If she starts asking questions, answer them but without a lot of elaboration, leave room for interpretation for her to figure out, eventually she will try to pick your brain because she can't stand not knowing. When rejected just move on to the next. You can't execute this online since all you have are your looks and nothing else, you expect me to believe people read your profile, Lets not forget that fake and absurd profile on OKCupid that was posted earlier this year that got thousands of responses even if she had a seriously offensive profile.The only problem I have with real-life are douche bags but that is a given since with such competition many will feel the need to compensate their insecurities with false confidence achieved through cockiness. Back on the persons with Histrionic Personality disorder, I will never understand what make these people datable since they tend to do some very stupid things. And those with the Mallenby Effect (I'm in college and there are plenty of those roaming around the dorms on the weekends). When girls succomb to the half baked charms these guys put on them, I disregard it. Although in some cases I found them to be domestically abused in the future, I'm not satisfied by these outcomes but feel it to be inevitable because of their fogged judgement, lack of common sense, and (maybe this one isn't their fault) vulnerability towards persuasion.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 1:56 pm

FMX wrote:
*Checks date* No, it's May 2nd, never mind. :lol: Let us know how it goes. I guess it's possible that she's as good as she seems, but I'm not ready to believe it just yet.

She was exactly as I pictured her and i believe it went very well. Without going into a long speech I will say I broke all the rules: we talked about exes, politics and religion and I even shed a couple of tears when speaking of my late Grandfather. She told me it was refreshing to see someone so honest and genuine and I told her the same. Still, I did not talk about BDSM at all so I showed some "restraint" lol:

The biggest thing I found was that our conversation was EASY. I did not feel forced and I felt safe to show off who and I and what I am looking for and I made no apologizes for being who I am. I didn't even get nervous hugging her because I knew she would be open to it and even slow-to-warm-up me was almost ready to kiss her. She was very "plain" and naturally beautiful and that is exactly what I am attracted to the most but I reserved my compliments for her earrings only. We will see....

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 4:34 pm

OK, well now I am officially surprised! But hey, people win the lottery, too. :) In fact, collectively, they win it all the time - but the chances of any individual winning it are still very low.

I think you (and, to a lesser extent, she) got very lucky with her messaging you so soon after signing up - before she learnt what to expect from online daters.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2014, 7:36 pm

Yay, isn't it great to forget the "rules" and have the type of conversation you actually WANT to have? To actually get to know one another rather than just try to make a "good" impression? Discussing those controversial topics is the norm for me on a first date...if we don't, then I consider it a bad date.

I hope you get to see her again GHF :)

metroplex777
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2014, 9:39 pm

I gave up on dating sites, plus cell phones/texting is a huge turn off for me. Plus I learned these: You don't know who they could be hanging out with, talking to, the kind of activities they participated in, the kind of people they like to hang out with. I pretty much don't rush into anything either. I been on CM and Okcupid and didn't like either of those. I still look, but I don't count on anything to happen.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2014, 8:46 am

FMX wrote:
I think you (and, to a lesser extent, she) got very lucky with her messaging you so soon after signing up - before she learnt what to expect from online daters.

She did tell me she had been on a dating site before and I casually mentioned "girls I know have told me some interesting stories" and she mentioned how she only puts up a face shot and a short profile now while chuckling a bit. She did not elaborate but did mention how shallow and generic messages she got in the past were. Even us Aspies can read between the lines here :lol: In response I told her how in theory online dating should be great but in reality girls like her were very hard to find and her short profile actually said more than most of the utterly generic cookie cutter "hip" ones I usually see.

yellowtamarin wrote:
Yay, isn't it great to forget the "rules" and have the type of conversation you to have?"
Certainly made for a much more enjoyable experience that is for sure. I even told her what my deal breakers were (tattoos, facial piercings, exotic hair colours) and was very upfront about what I have to offer. I even committed the cardinal sin and said I only want to date someone who has potential Wife material in the future. She also broke the "rules" by texting me her # as soon as she got a work break and said she "certainly" wants to get together again. Can't say there is any long term compatibility at this point but it was refreshing to have a real conversation with a real, down to earth person. I would imagine by choking up a bit and shedding those tears she *gasp* saw me as the great, caring guy I am rather than a "wuss". Just like when I couldn't find work, once I started breaking silly rules I started not only making major progress but actually looked forward to meeting people! What a concept!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2014, 12:45 pm

Vomelche wrote:
:lol:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

knight4444
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Dec 2014, 2:41 pm

lets be honest, online dating sites suck unless you're a white guy or an asian female! and if you're a black female?! forget it! many black men don't reply to most black womens profile! Those are the facts, theres been many studies that prove it. BTW I'm NOT a black woman, I'm just being real! 8)

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Dec 2014, 3:49 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
Granted, a dating site probably doesn't have the full spectrum of single people to choose from, but neither does a bar, a supermarket, a church, etc.

Not everyone will go to these kind of places to meet people (if they go at all). I've never seen anything remotely "social" in supermarkets. Also there are people who'd go to bars just to drink or churches just to worship.
Quote:
The issue for you could simply be that the "pool" of potentials on a dating site is not as good a mix as the "pool" at some other place, and that's fine, but it doesn't mean online dating is BS for everyone. For me, it has more of my type of person than nearly any other place I frequent.

Both where you are and what you are looking for can be factors in how good a dating site is. But even a poor "pool" can be better in relative terms.

Harvey
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Dec 2014, 4:08 pm

dating sites are money making businesses, preying on desperate people, especially designed for the NT mindset...

Quite profitable business may I add...

Also its rubbish...

Repay laughter
with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal