Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

What would people on the spectrum be like in the Zombie Apocalypse?
People will accept us for who we are 67%  67%  [ 8 ]
Our social skills would increase 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
We would become pure evil (like the governor) 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 12

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 8:31 am

I think that most of us would be used as zombie bait.

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 8:52 am

I don't like the choices presented.

I think we would become second in commands.

Grab the closest Public Figure type, and show the SOB how to improve what he's doing. I see us as being the type that could improve efficiencies in any system, solve puzzles, and issues. All from a logical perspective. What we need is to find someone else who can translate our solutions and suggestions into motivating group cooperation and goal setting.

Our "gangs" would be the beneficiaries, as long as we could convince that one leader to listen to us.

Read "Ender's Shadow" - We are BEAN.

What this means is that the best way for you to prepare is to find at least one extrovert who realizes you've got creative answers, and a world of knowledge at your mental fingertips. Keep that guy alive long enough, and you'll make it.

EDIT: Oh, and on a side note. The fuzzy wuzzy tv-a-holic texting dependant wanna be top socialite types would probably be the first to go... or go nutz. Gather books like "Walden 2" and "tricks to ecological gardening" and set up a colony in a remote area. Send out scouts to find other operative communities. Never exceed your needs (don't want to be noticed by stronger gangs). Fly the wrongplanet alien on a flag in center square. Invite and care for others, but keep the "democracy" planning committee stacked with people passionate about efficiency, not acquisition. Plan to survive for the long haul; hoarding always gets you killed.

Last edited by OddFiction on 17 Feb 2014, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 8:55 am

One of my autistic friends says he can't wait for the apocalypse because he wants to decapitate zombies. I like the sound of that... :twisted:

TheSperg
Toucan
Toucan

17 Feb 2014, 9:01 am

I'm attracted to the idea of the zombie apocalypse, but not to kill zombies or people. I'd just like to stay hidden collecting resources for my hidden survival fortress. Forget the badass stunts, I prefer concealment.

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 11:03 am

I've always wanted a nice little apocalypse of sopme kind to come along.
Nuclear, biological, meteor, zombies, doesn't really matter to me, just so long as I get to live through it and explore the post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Personally, I think I'd be far better suited to a simple survival based world than this stupid place where you have to do stupid, pointless things to earn imaginary tokens just to survive.
At least in a post-apocalyptic world the things I do would have meaning and real purpose.
Everything here is just so fake and meaningless, at least it seems that way a lot of the time.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 11:39 am

OddFiction wrote:
I don't like the choices presented.

I think we would become second in commands.

Grab the closest Public Figure type, and show the SOB how to improve what he's doing. I see us as being the type that could improve efficiencies in any system, solve puzzles, and issues. All from a logical perspective. What we need is to find someone else who can translate our solutions and suggestions into motivating group cooperation and goal setting.
That's how I see it. Not necessarily official second in command in some kind of hierarchy, but definitely idea people, the quiet ones who because of their obvious inability to lead, are not considered a threat to a leader's position. Since they're not a threat, the leader(s) can listen to them without losing status; they're just the nerdy idea guy, not a potential rival.

Note that if we were to have to live in small bands, hunter-gatherer style, while the damage got repaired, we might start out with strong leaders to get over the crisis (and those strong leaders would be pretty much anyone willing to give orders), but would end up with more of a cooperative leadership style. Because these are small groups, the leaders have to work, too; they have to be liked by others. Someone who takes advantage of others is quickly deposed in situations like this. Successful leaders would be people who are best at coordinating and organizing the efforts of others--think, a competent supervisor, rather than a rich CEO.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Ettina
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 11:45 am

I'd probably get myself killed. I'm wimpy and uncoordinated, I forget to eat, and I'm really unobservant.

But if I survived (probably with help from my brother and his friends), I'd study the zombies and figure out their secret weakness.

--
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Feb 2014, 4:16 pm

its invented to make people fear, these negative people feed off fear energy