WAIS IV: how was your block design performance?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 5:19 pm

Ja. Processing speed was also my weakest area.

vtzs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Feb 2015, 5:20 pm

To practice the skill that Block Design requires here is our online game: https://auti-mate.com/#/game/1

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 5:32 pm

vtzs wrote:
To practice the skill that Block Design requires here is our online game: https://auti-mate.com/#/game/1

I only did the first two levels and I found it a sinch. I have always loved these games and I would have to dig out my medical records to see my old scores. I think they were always higher than my other scores.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 5:37 pm

I always did relatively poorly in block design, but usually pretty good in coding.

I went from slightly below average when I was 15, to average as an adult in block design.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2015, 11:01 pm

vtzs wrote:

Fun! Thanks for sharing.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Feb 2015, 2:00 am

I wasn't told my score but I did pretty bad with it partly because of a rare low vision disorder, problems with my brain processing things I do see visually, & a tremor disorder that acts up when doing things with fine motor-skills. I'm sure this was one of the reasons Aspergers got ruled out for me because I didn't fit the typical Aspie pattern.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 2:32 am

Wow, didn't expect this thread to come back to life almost a year later :) I guess I can now comment on my own scores. My nonverbal IQ came out to be 94, verbal was 134, creating a full-scale IQ of 111, although the size of the gap between my two subscores makes the FSIQ kind of meaningless. My block design score was a 7, putting me in the 16th percentile, but my vocabulary score was a 19, in the 99.9th percentile. Got to love the huge autistic ability gap!

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2015, 3:00 pm

vtzs wrote:

I got an error when I clicked it:

Unable to connect to any application instances.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2015, 4:57 pm

starkid wrote:
Unable to connect to any application instances.

Do you have Adobe Flash enabled? Which browser are you using? If chrome, you can check by going to URL: chrome://plugins/

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2015, 5:18 pm

Rocket123 wrote:
bled? Which browser are you using? If chrome, you can check by going to URL: chrome://plugins/

I'm using a version of firefox (called iceweasel) that is optimized for Debian Linux. Flash is working on other websites.

GoofyGreatDane
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2015, 12:39 pm

I don't think that it is necessarily true that people with Aspergers are better at block design. When I took the WAIS as part of a diagnostic assessment, my block design was not my strong point- I scored around 115 I think on that- but I don't remember exactly. My verbal IQ was higher than my performance IQ by over 10 points. I think that it may differ between HFA and AS actually. I read that people with AS tend to have higher verbal IQs, while those with HFA will have more visual/spatial skills- and do better on the performance aspect of the IQ test.

Anyways, you can't claim to have sucked on the test until you get the score back. This is because its a normed test- you won't know how you did until you know how the average person did.