What is the average age here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2014, 3:21 am

I don't feel like I can relate to people here based on anything other than diagnosis. And there seem to be a lot of people who list themselves as self diagnosed who troll people have been diagnosed by a professional. Is this just my perception? Or does someone else feel this way? I feel like anytime I post anything remotely political I get dragged down a gravel road on my face for an hour because that is my weak area as far as controlling obsessive behavior and I get yanked around like a yo-yo by people who always seem to be self diagnosed

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2014, 11:05 am

I'm 15 and don't understand politics.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2014, 2:27 pm

I'm 40 and have never experienced such occurrences.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2014, 2:46 pm

38, and no problems.

Rishikesh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2014, 7:31 am

khaoz wrote:
I don't feel like I can relate to people here based on anything other than diagnosis. And there seem to be a lot of people who list themselves as self diagnosed who troll people have been diagnosed by a professional. Is this just my perception? Or does someone else feel this way? I feel like anytime I post anything remotely political I get dragged down a gravel road on my face for an hour because that is my weak area as far as controlling obsessive behavior and I get yanked around like a yo-yo by people who always seem to be self diagnosed

1) I don't know how things stand in other countries, but nearly no psychologist in my country would diagnose an adult with AS (this is a long story). But even if they would, there would be no point at all to be diagnosed in my country (another long story). So there is nearly no way I will ever change my "self diagnosis" to "official one".

2) Your post generally looks like you'd rather forbid people around you to have a different opinion. A self-protective gesture, a bit agressive as well and a bit (a lot) - the sign of inability to protect your point of view in arguments. But instead of learning the art of debates you d'rather eliminate opponents.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2014, 10:05 am

I find that I am a happier person if I do not discuss politics or religion.

And I am selfish enough that I count my happiness as more important than my opinions on things.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2014, 4:40 pm

khaoz wrote:
I feel like anytime I post anything remotely political I get dragged down a gravel road on my face for an hour because that is my weak area as far as controlling obsessive behavior and I get yanked around like a yo-yo by people who always seem to be self diagnosed

I'm thinking when you use the term "political" you're not meaning "politics", per se; I'm thinking you mean whenever you say something, like, "against-the-grain" / the "norm", or whatever. I'm 52, professionally diagnosed, and haven't experienced this. I try to respectfully / tactfully express my opinion. Also, when you say "get dragged-down a gravel road", I'm thinking you mean that it ends-up in an argument. I can't see myself ever engaging in an argument on here-----or, ANYWHERE on the net. I would try a couple of times to explain myself if I thought I didn't say something right, so that people could "get" what I was saying----but, after that, I wouldn't continue to engage. You can't be drug-down a gravel road unless you ALLOW it.

seahawksfan46
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Aug 2014, 10:27 am

khaoz wrote:

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2014, 2:15 pm

i'm 17, and while i've been here only since march i haven't gotten in any heated debates on here, political or otherwise, yet. i don't often have something to say, and even if i did i'm awful at debating topics to i'd just get thrown around. i try to deliver my opinion respectfully and simply, and if things go ugly i'd abandon thread.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Dorabelle
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Aug 2014, 8:13 pm

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2014, 10:29 pm

I'm 39 and I don't go anywhere near PPR.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2014, 8:51 am

khaoz wrote:

Lol, I can't even relate on diagnosis as I am still waiting my place on the waiting list.
And on the whole the opinions of those that are undiagnosed do not matter. Maybe that is the reason why there are so many self-diagnosed? At least they have a voice.
I can't relate in the parenting section either because my views differ too much from the norm and diplomacy is not my forte either. Recently I referred to a child as 'it' fro no other reason that the OP had not mentioned what sex the child was. Ultimatelly I got accused of 'dehumanizing' the child and was asked if I would like to be referred to as an it. Simple minds are easily pleased so I told them to refer to me in a way that made them happy.

My special interest is Chinese medicine, 5-element theory in particular. I don't even bother on WP. I no longer have the need to defend a system that goes back to the days that the almighty Greeks were walking in loin cloths. I don't like gravel.

I'm apolitical. I don't vote either. I'm an anarchist without social skills. Not that anarchy would make the world a better place mind you.

WP is too heavy for me. Rarely do I come across something cheerful. But I keep trying :(