Ken Ham vs Bill Nye (or the illogical way Ken Ham argues).

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2014, 3:18 pm

Ok, so Thunderf00t released his latest video in his "Why do people laugh at creationists?" series. Now I do admit that I didn't think I'd post another video of his because he's been a bit of as*hole recently with his anti-feminist videos. Nonetheless, he's usually right about science stuff regardless of that and this is video series that he initially became popular for. This time he's showcasing the arguments that Ken Ham used in the so-called "debate" he had with Bill Nye, if you can call it that. In response to practically every scientific argument made by Bill Nye, Ken Ham basically replied with "Oh, but there's a book!". Well Tolkien's Silmarillion is also a book and no one seems to take that seriously and we all know it's fictional even though it claims to be describing Earth's past, just like the bible.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK7i-dtMaWk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUmb8hO2ilV9vRa8cilis88A[/youtube]

drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm

In his closing "argument" I wanted to (and did) shout at my laptop's screen for Ken Ham to shut the hell up, because he was droning on and on on "the origin of x, the origin of y, the origin of z", almost as if he were trying to bore you into agreement just so he would stop talking.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 5:40 am

^What's even worse is that in response to a question in the Q&A about what would change his mind, Ken Ham just flat out said that nothing would change his mind regardless of what contradictory evidence is presented to him, while Bill Nye gave a list of things that could change his mind showing that he is willing to do so should contradictory evidence present itself.