Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

YowlingCat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2007, 4:41 pm

Good to see you all! This is so good for me. I've never had so many similar folks to talk to. The mothership has landed, and here we come! Come on over to the Dino-Aspie Cafe, and get yer free cuppa Dino-joe!

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 3:51 pm

Hi, I'm Sylkat, over 60, have been a member of WP since the 3rd, still finding new topics and threads...this is such a delightful place...a whole bunch of people who I understand!! And who seem to understand me; THAT is the remarkable thing! Sylkat :D

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 3:59 pm

Hi, I'm Sylkat, over 60, have been a member of WP since the 3rd, still finding new topics and threads...this is such a delightful place...a whole bunch of people who I understand!! And who seem to understand me; THAT is the remarkable thing! Sylkat :D

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2011, 4:50 pm

Dead threads are new to those who haven't seen it!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Sep 2011, 7:27 pm

shrox wrote:
Dead threads are new to those who haven't seen it!

This is definitely a fossilized thread all the living Dinos are here: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt32122.html

slipacre
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2011, 8:56 am

63 and only figured it out a couple of months ago think I am glad I was not diagnosed as a child (not that it matters now) but I suspect the cure would have been worse than the condition. I might have been cut some slack but not sure that would have been good either as I cut enough on my own.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 12:09 pm

Hello from another one who finds they have, somehow, passed the big five - oh. I'm older and a lot less angry than I was when younger. I live and play in the clouds on the mountain most of the time, painting, cooking, drawing, listening to music and reading, and since I found wrongplanet, sometimes hanging out here.

slipacre
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2011, 12:34 pm

less angry has been a big turning point for me. I was very good at angry
I enjoyed angry
I used angry as a drug
and am so glad I am off of it. Makes an incredible difference in how I see and live my life

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2011, 4:44 pm

Dear Slipacre and Mtn13, I spent far too much time on anger and resentment, but sometimes the anger was all that gave me the energy to get through the day. Whenever I'd let myself become sad, I'd be overwhelmed, emotionally paralyzed. Good and mad worked better for me....I became a pretty grouchy person. So, actually right now is probably the best time in my life...helps a LOT to know why I behaved as I did....Sylkat :roll:

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 6:15 pm

Slipacre, and Sylkat,
Glad I'm not the only one - as to the anger issue.
I wish I did, but I never figured out how to use anger in any positive way. When overwhelmed and confused, my anger just resulted in trouble. Add to that my family taught to use it against myself.
So I've worked to let it go - still working on that.
Still working on how to avoid being confused, but at least know why/wherefore (AS) and can just accept it sometimes.
- mountain

roast_chicken
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Oct 2011, 7:11 am

OMG, I love this forum already. :flower: Ha-ha "dino-aspie", that is so cute. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending quite a bit of time on here...

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 9:58 pm

:?: .......... o.k.

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 11:12 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Dear Slipacre and Mtn13, I spent far too much time on anger and resentment, but sometimes the anger was all that gave me the energy to get through the day. Whenever I'd let myself become sad, I'd be overwhelmed, emotionally paralyzed. Good and mad worked better for me....I became a pretty grouchy person. So, actually right now is probably the best time in my life...helps a LOT to know why I behaved as I did....Sylkat :roll:

So do you find grouchy is now your modus operandi? How did you get the willpower to "go" there?

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 10:55 am

Dear Mountain, I'm not a grouchy person now, I used to refocus my hurt feelings, or bewilderment into anger and that would give me the physical energy to get going and get things done, exactly like cleaning the house when you are in a bad mood, you know? If your feelings are hurt, you stay in bed or cry, you are immobilized by the sadness, but if you get really, really mad, you can clean out the garage, scrub every floor, clean out cupboards, declutter until you're exhausted. Looking back, I have been lonely and sad a lot through my life, never understood why I was different, and teaching myself to turn this into a 'constructive' energy worked for me. As Slipacre wrote, 'I enjoyed angry...I used angry as a drug'...that's just what I did. Many years ago I was reading a sort of self-help book and the author said it in a nutshell; 'The time to clean out your closet is when you've just been stood up'! The past few years I have worked hard at acting like a nice lady...sometimes it works, too. Sylkat

mntn13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 3:46 pm

sylkat, thanks that's exactly what I was wondering - you explain that really clearly.
I'm looking around for new pathways (refocus) that "have the right scent" - I know that sounds weird.
But, an animal, if lost, would focus on the leaves, the sticks and the trails and the shadows, and start following its nose until it came to a place it felt safer or back home.
That's where I'm at. I am 99% confident I'll find a home, but need to follow a few pathways to get there
then, I'll be mountain 13.9.
Yes, you seem like a nice lady, but don't be too nice 'cuz a little bit mean and tough is cool. ;)