best thing you were ever told about your autism

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 1:30 pm

This particular thing a friend from high school said to me wasn't really related to my having traits of AS, per se, but I think it's still appropriate. What she told me was, "You know, LtlPinkCoupe, when I first met you during our freshman year, I thought you were kind of weird, but as I got to know you better, I started to think....maybe you're God's way of letting us know that it's okay to be different."

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 8:42 pm

wozeree wrote:
I'm confused...did people specifically say this about your Autism, or did they just say it about you and you attribute it to your Autism?

Why is your name "wozeree"?

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 8:43 pm

EzraS wrote:
This was from another forum the other day:
Quote:
Ezra says exactly what he thinks, and doesn’t blow smoke up your a**. I like that.

And has been told to me elsewhere. Pure unvarnished honesty. Don't know how to play around
with words that way, or pull wool over peoples eyes or any of that. I can only say exactly what I mean.

Ezra, I hope you are continuing to learn to speak.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2014, 8:59 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
wozeree wrote:
I'm confused...did people specifically say this about your Autism, or did they just say it about you and you attribute it to your Autism?

Why is your name "wozeree"?

I wish it wasn't! When I first came here, I was just overwhelmed with the problems with my life that I assumed were being caused by Autism and I was looking for information about how to deal with it. I'm still not diagnosed, but I still assume I have it.

Anyway, I just thought I would be reading articles and maybe asking a few questions from experts (haha, I got stuck with you guys instead!). Anyway, I didn't realize I would be participating in a small society like this where people would actually identify me with my name. So I tried some dumb name and it said taken so I just kept adding any random letter I could think of until it finally took it.

Teyverus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Mar 2014, 7:44 am

From a conversation between myself and my husband, after my diagnosis:

Richi: Well THAT was my problem all these years. I was looking for girls in bars when I should have been looking on the Autism Farm.

Me: (weird look) Farm?

Richi: Yeah, I could see you growing off a tree. (smiles) Like an apple!

*Richi loves apples :)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 6:38 pm

LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
This particular thing a friend from high school said to me wasn't really related to my having traits of AS, per se, but I think it's still appropriate. What she told me was, "You know, LtlPinkCoupe, when I first met you during our freshman year, I thought you were kind of weird, but as I got to know you better, I started to think....maybe you're God's way of letting us know that it's okay to be different."

Love this

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 10:16 pm

About me "she says things like it is."

LeftWeems
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Mar 2014, 10:39 pm

You're a genius! I always laugh that one. I'm smart, I won't say I am stupid but there's a fine line between genius and what I am.

sapere_aude

17 Mar 2014, 4:19 am

I was out with some friends a couple of weeks ago, and a girl I'd met that night told me "I feel like I can trust you completely". It was a few minutes after I'd told her that I'm trying to figure out if I have AS or not, so I'd imagine it must have contributed to her reaction. No one's ever said that to me before, so it was nice to be told and made me feel like my efforts at self-improvement might be starting to have a positive effect.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 8:29 am

The other day I told a friend, who I've known for half my life, that I'm pretty sure I'm on the spectrum......

His reply: "I knew for the most part brtoher it dont matter to me what ya got or your quirks your my best friend now till they put my ass in the ground. In other words your f*****g stuck with me for awhile."

Apparently he knew even before I did! This is a huge relief. I'm slowly telling people close to me about autism, and so far, the majority of the responses have been something like "well, duh!", or Oh, that makes sense!"

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 8:50 am

That I'm super smart and that I have a ridiculous memory! :lol:

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

seaanemone17
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Mar 2016, 3:12 pm

I got called "hyper-aware" by someone who admired my ability to pick up on patterns/trends in nature and in people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2016, 4:21 pm

"You have nothing to worry about."

Then she went on about my intelligence, the coping mechanisms that I'd developed, and how much I'd accomplished without significant help from anyone since age 18.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2016, 6:28 pm

I've been told that I'm very creative/imaginative and that I have an extreme sense of loyalty to those I care most about.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2016, 6:42 pm

That, i'm a Genius. Which, Technically I'm one.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2016, 6:57 pm

From an extern running our support group about us older ones
"you are survivors"

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman