best thing you were ever told about your autism

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 6:42 pm

Hey guys I'm back. :D at the moment I feel well enough to post and would hate to miss the opportunity to post while I feel up to it.

So in order to counter all this negativity I want to ask you guys a question.

What is the best thing anyone said to you about your autism?

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 6:49 pm

Well I've barely mentioned it to anyone, so nobody says anything much about it.

I would like to comment on your comment though:

Quote:
would hate to miss the opportunity to post while I feel up to it

I don't know if this Jen's autism, or just Jen :D, but I feel pretty confident that you will always bounce back and return to enjoying life, nobody can squash your spirit! Do you think that's your Autism?

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 7:06 pm

I'm Special :)

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 7:56 pm

I'm a genius. :D

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 8:02 pm

I'm good.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 8:12 pm

I'm confused...did people specifically say this about your Autism, or did they just say it about you and you attribute it to your Autism?

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 8:15 pm

This was years, actually decades, before I was diagnosed. I knew nothing about autism but I did know that I was 'decidedly different." Someone told me that if they were to walk into a room and there was a dead body, a murder weapon, me, and Mother Teresa of Calcutta, that they would turn to me and ask "Why did Mother Teresa do it.?"

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 8:24 pm

wozeree wrote:
I'm confused...did people specifically say this about your Autism, or did they just say it about you and you attribute it to your Autism?

Oops. I attributed. My bad.
A teacher in high school was picking kids to get out of class to help clean up the auditorium.
She picked one girl and said because she was smart.
She picked another girl and said because she was pretty.
then she picked me, paused to think about it a while, then said because I was good.

Pastanoodle
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Mar 2014, 8:38 pm

My boyfriend says my autism gives me a great sense of humor because of my unique perspective on life.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 8:55 pm

Very few people know, so not much is said about it.

One interesting thing my cousin once said comes to mind. About 5 of my family members and myself were getting into an elevator. It wasn't closing for some reason until my cousin told me to come all the way in and get out of the door's way.

She then jokingly said "You're the smartest person here and you don't know how to work an elevator!" :lol:

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 9:45 pm

wozeree wrote:
Well I've barely mentioned it to anyone, so nobody says anything much about it.

I would like to comment on your comment though:

Quote:
would hate to miss the opportunity to post while I feel up to it

I don't know if this Jen's autism, or just Jen :D, but I feel pretty confident that you will always bounce back and return to enjoying life, nobody can squash your spirit! Do you think that's your Autism?

Well I'm going to repost what i just posted on another thread but it's similar to what i said In my pm. As for you question idk but I do know I feel more loved and and important now then I've ever felt on my 1 year almost 3 months here on wp

jenisautistic wrote:
sharkattack wrote:
I was was just under a year redundant from a job is which I was bullied and I really felt worthless and I wanted to die.
Skip forward I am in a new job and I take no **** and I have learned to drive and become quite good at it.
I am a content individual bordering on happy.
I am confident in my abilities however I know I can not form relationships or make friends without great effort.
My autism is something I have to work around not something that ruins my life anymore.
This post is aimed at people at their lowest point things do get better.
Getting motivated might not make you feel better but it will keep you busy and when your attention is somewhere else your effort pays off that is my experience.

Well during the past few days I was on and off the lowest I've been since before wp.
But afer a while that after awhile of getting all those comments and pms of people sticking up for me or telling me that I am important and that how what a certin user said impacted them because they cared about me and believed that I didn't deserved it and me or others did not do anything wrong .
the one that stood out the most and had the most impact were Cornflakes pm and the messages that followed 
I realized that my posts are not just meaningless gibberish, holding a grude or me trying to be in some kind of unhealthy fantasy.
I also realized that you guys weren't trying to make my posts seem more import then they really were just to make me feel special or were unintentionally making me arrogant.
And that people on here genuinely like me and care about me . 
Now I want to mention how amazing cocky rebel is. And to him I would like to say I herd this some people made you feel really unwelcome on here and I want to say if anyone ever makes you feel like that don't lose who you are.
I realized that my posts matter to people and that it could impact their lives. Just like I saw him and other users that I admire very much.
I Know that at times becides the cruel stuff that have no place here there is a lot of run of mill normal occasional disagreeing and misunderstanding each other.
Just remember at the end of the day we should all be friends on here because for some of us it's the only place to go to and one day we need to come together to make things better not just for autistics but for everyone.
Because here I have a voice and a place that I can a home call home where I am safe and with people who want to see me happy. And that I deserve to feel safe and happy.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 9:53 pm

"your application for disability has been approved."

Hands down best thing.
Probably saved my life.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 10:44 pm

That there isn't anything wrong with being autistic and being autistic is just another way of being. My old doctor has said that. He retired a couple of years ago.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2014, 11:23 pm

vickygleitz wrote:
This was years, actually decades, before I was diagnosed. I knew nothing about autism but I did know that I was 'decidedly different." Someone told me that if they were to walk into a room and there was a dead body, a murder weapon, me, and Mother Teresa of Calcutta, that they would turn to me and ask "Why did Mother Teresa do it.?"

OMG ROFLMAO

wanderingdrive
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Mar 2014, 12:37 am

Every time a friend laughs when I say something only an Aspie would say, usually by taking what they just said literally. I know they're not laughing at me, and most of the time I do it intentionally to be a smart (butt).

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2014, 2:26 am

This was from another forum the other day:

Quote:
Ezra says exactly what he thinks, and doesn’t blow smoke up your a**. I like that.

And has been told to me elsewhere. Pure unvarnished honesty. Don't know how to play around
with words that way, or pull wool over peoples eyes or any of that. I can only say exactly what I mean.