Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 4:36 pm

i ate something called a "chicken tikka naan" last week. i got really sick the day after. i am still feeling nauseous.

when is this nausea going to end?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 4:47 pm

You make me even more nervous about trying a new kind of food. Although it would probably be the only thing that would make me lose weight since walking for four hours and drinking four liters of water a day no longer seems to work. :(

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 7:28 pm

better carry around some pepto bismal whenever you try new food.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 8:01 pm

AdamAutistic wrote:
i ate something called a "chicken tikka naan" last week. i got really sick the day after. i am still feeling nauseous. when is this nausea going to end?

I got zapped from listeria [from bad cheese at a garlic festival] and was down for 3 days and weak for a week thereafter. remember to keep well-hydrated and eat only gentle things like jello and sprite/7-up and maybe applesauce, chicken broth and saltine crackers, give your guts a chance to heal.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 1:03 pm

mama told me to sip ginger ale.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 1:15 pm

that can be helpful.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2014, 5:42 pm

i have completely lost my appetite for some of my favorite things too. just the thought of them makes me want to vomit.

(they had nothing to do with the food poisoning. i think it is because i ate them prior to getting sick, so i am associating those foods with it)

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 4:49 am

AdamAutistic wrote:
i have completely lost my appetite for some of my favorite things too. just the thought of them makes me want to vomit.

(they had nothing to do with the food poisoning. i think it is because i ate them prior to getting sick, so i am associating those foods with it)

Can agree to that. Had my first bad experiences with alcohol with "Amaretto" (an very sweet Almond - Liquor) Could not eat Marzipan (= mashed Almonds with sugar) for about 2 years. ^^

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 9:32 am

ginger ale really helps if it has REAL ginger as the flavoring, otherwise it is the same as 7-up/sprite

while sick use the BRAT diet

banana (complex carb easy to digest)
rice (as white rice, gentler on stomach)
applesauce (gentle, has fiber and pectin in it)
toast (crackers work)

as you get better introduce solid foods again slowly and work up.

this most likely was not the fault of the type of food but due to preparation techniques, more likely avoid the place that cooked it than that particular meal, they seem to have bad preparation habits.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 4:26 pm

i'll be saving almost $100 a month on not buying from whole foods and smoothie ingredients.
(which are the things i lost my appetite for)

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 11:10 pm

AdamAutistic wrote:
i'll be saving almost $100 a month on not buying from whole foods and smoothie ingredients.
(which are the things i lost my appetite for)

saving that much! wow, that is my entire monthly food budget

EmmanuelCross
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Mar 2014, 8:43 pm

I'm a victim of heartburn and used to use that "Banking soda and water" technique. Found out how it can cause stomach problems after a while right. So I did what a friend suggested and use milk to "Coat my stomach" after meals. yea It works immediately right. But later I start spitting up acid which taste like spoiled milk making it feel like that food poisoning. I used to drink eggnog on the holydays, a lot of the time it maked me dead nasius...so I stopped...I also check the date when drinking and most of the time it isn't even close to the expiration date yea...I don't know what the deal is.

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 12:22 pm

EmmanuelCross wrote:
I'm a victim of heartburn and used to use that "Banking soda and water" technique. Found out how it can cause stomach problems after a while right. So I did what a friend suggested and use milk to "Coat my stomach" after meals. yea It works immediately right. But later I start spitting up acid which taste like spoiled milk making it feel like that food poisoning. I used to drink eggnog on the holydays, a lot of the time it maked me dead nasius...so I stopped...I also check the date when drinking and most of the time it isn't even close to the expiration date yea...I don't know what the deal is.

sounds like you are lactose intolerant, many people are, milk is really designed in mammals only for infants

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 9:57 am

it's back...