Page 5 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Philosofer123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2014, 1:09 pm

ZenDen wrote:
Howdy p123, or can I call you "P?" Or Mr. P :)

I hope you stay involved for a while.

In order to improve your life I'll see if I can offer observations after thoroughly rereading your philosophy; I'm slowed by the latter portions.

And in case you need to go off I'll say thank you for bringing us this subject.

denny

Hi Denny. I'm still here, and I look forward to any additional feedback you may have.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 1:33 pm

Philosofer123 wrote:
ZenDen wrote:

In order to improve your life I'll see if I can offer observations after thoroughly rereading your philosophy; I'm slowed by the latter portions.

denny

Hi Denny. I'm still here, and I look forward to any additional feedback you may have.

to clarify: he means he looks forward to dismissing any sensible criticism you may direct at his document.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 2:50 pm

Philosofer123 wrote:
ZenDen wrote:

denny

WTF? I think in the interests of honesty you should change the title of this thread to "Improve my Philosophy of Life in the general direction I'd like it to go, nothing really critical, I mean, don't present me with anything that might mean I have to actually give a f**k about anyone but myself, I'll just ignore that. Kthxbai.".

Also: be careful ZenDen - the man's a user.

starvingartist wrote:
to clarify: he means he looks forward to dismissing any sensible criticism you may direct at his document.

Quite!

Right now it feels too mean, but otherwise I'd assume Philosofer123 is totally fine with us using this thread to shred and ridicule etc his Philosophy of Life as we see fit. It's not like he'd hold us responsible.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2014, 3:19 pm

Hopper wrote:
Philosofer123 wrote:

WTF? I think in the interests of honesty ...

i don't think the OP is interested in honesty. he may have listed it as a virtue in his document, but i suspect that's simply because he's read somewhere that most people perceive honesty to be a virtue, not because it's something he actually aspires to or understands the purpose of.

if it were, his participation in this thread and the document it's about would not be so disingenuous.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 9:32 am

starvingartist wrote:
Hopper wrote:
Philosofer123 wrote:

i don't think the OP is interested in honesty. he may have listed it as a virtue in his document, but i suspect that's simply because he's read somewhere that most people perceive honesty to be a virtue, not because it's something he actually aspires to or understands the purpose of.

if it were, his participation in this thread and the document it's about would not be so disingenuous.

Too true. It pisses me off.

My worry: Breaking news of a public mass shooting. The suspect is a male retired executive. Shakey, tinny smartphone footage of him:

There is no God! [Bang] There is no afterlife! [Bang]. There is no responsibility! [Bang]. There is no morality! [Bang]. There is no meaning! [Bang] Serentiy now! Serentity now! Serenity now! [Multiple shots].

Then some people do some poking around online, and find his 'document', which brings them to Wrong Planet. A ten second clip of the gunman's distraught brother, saying how it was those autistic and aspergian freaks who pushed male retired executive over the edge, due to their lack of empathy - the document clearly showed a troubled mind desperately seeking to be at peace with itself, and the weirdos just kept pushing him for a response to criticisms of his notion of infinite regress regarding personal responsibility. The NRA jump on this (it's never the guns), and push for a register of those with an ASD, with a view to possibly forcibly medicating*.

Unlikely, but still...

[Edit: *as in, say, tranquilizers and stuff]

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 10:41 am

Hopper wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
Hopper wrote:
Philosofer123 wrote:

My worry: Breaking news of a public mass shooting. The suspect is a male retired executive. Shakey, tinny smartphone footage of him:

There is no God! [Bang] There is no afterlife! [Bang]. There is no responsibility! [Bang]. There is no morality! [Bang]. There is no meaning! [Bang] Serentiy now! Serentity now! Serenity now! [Multiple shots].

I think this is closest to Philosfer's philosophy ...

We discussed several months ago in a topic I created, see here ... http://www.wrongplanet.net/postx248056-210-0.html

I could not get the time indexing to work, start a 43:35, where the neuroscientist speaks about humans not having "free will" per se .... the neuroscientist argues that influences determine "free will"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yp3Wr2yKrY[/youtube]

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 2:24 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Hopper wrote:
starvingartist wrote:
Hopper wrote:
Philosofer123 wrote:

I think this is closest to Philosfer's philosophy ...

We discussed several months ago in a topic I created, see here ... http://www.wrongplanet.net/postx248056-210-0.html

I could not get the time indexing to work, start a 43:35, where the neuroscientist speaks about humans not having "free will" per se .... the neuroscientist argues that influences determine "free will"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yp3Wr2yKrY[/youtube]

i'm having real difficulty watching this video--the sound is distorted and hurts my ears, it's making it impossible to listen to what they're saying--is there a video somewhere with better sound, or perhaps a transcript of the discussion?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 4:51 pm

Well..here's the thing about reality and unique views of it...otherwise known as philosophy...personal philosophy....

They vary...

i have free will..NOW..but did not always have it..so understanding life like this..there is the possibility that some folks have it and some folks do not...

And what i mean by free will..IS i have the mental power to control my emotions..control my physical body..where extremes in temperature do not phase me..and even regenerate my youth at closing in on 54 now..for a person considered no more than in their 40's...

And through my free will..i am also able to complete physical feats of strength the same as elite forces in the military..as i am a retired DOD employee and work out with them..at the gym i helped to build..as an Athletic Director in my government service there...

But again ..before i developed free will.. i was just a normal human...at the autistic level....

And if you think i'm just blowing smoke out my arse..IT IS..ALL documented THROUGH my link below by my pen name...as a free verse poet just for FUN....:)

But here's the deal..none of this FREE WILL..came through my three degrees in college or a potpourri of work experience with the government at employee and yes executive level too...

It was all done with human instinct..no knowledge at all was required..and in fact a road block to the bliss of free will i have now..

My major source of fortune..IS gaining 19 medical disorders...including the worst pain known to mankind.. type two trigeminal neuralgia..making FULL effective use of my eyes and ears..useless for over 5 years...

I was forced to find human instinct..to survive..and i accomplished that with a philosophy now..curing all illness..at the remediation level at least..including the reciprocal communication difficulties of autism..scoring an 11 on the AQ test as opposed to 45 out of 50 just 9 months ago...

A philosophy that that has no name..but action..consequence and energy...

So in general for an excellent metaphor..my philosophy...is the philosophy of GOD...

or atomic energy....or the all that is..at the smallest and largest level....

No need for words..when a person lives by a philosophy of energy..and control of emotions..both experienced and not experienced...

But this is human enlightenment .. the similar stuff that Buddha..Jesus..Muhammad..and all the other truly fortunate philosopher folks in life found through no knowledge of their own...

Except human instinct..what works..and works miracles ..literal miracles in a person's life..and others too....

My manifesto and philosophy..with words.. IS simple...four words...

Let IT GO..flow...

Not likely you will find it anywhere on a google search said by anyone but me...

And if you find it...and look deep enough..you will see at least the optical illusion..of my
right hand as eagle talon..3 clawed dragon..and Angel too..and that is no joke..i am dead serious about it...
unaltered raw photo footage from an iPhone 5 camera...and a one time event as well..never REPORTEDLY seen in photos anywhere
else..by any light reflection or coincidence..by anyone else....

And i do not judge this one way or the other..It just happened and the photos exist is all i need to
know about it..NOW....

I create my own philosophy..i copy no other...and again i let it go..flow..conscious thought is not even
necessary most often...

i create...and this is where human mind control of atomic like energy can most definitely come from..Kundalini..CHI.QI..KI.etc...etc....

lot of historical symbols for the essence of this truth of higher power of human potential and energy..also known as GOD..the GREAT CONNECTING force..that makes some folks..much more powerful than others..in many..many ways..and the evidence of that for feats of brilliance in intellect and physical anomalies in strength..are too numerous to list here...

i'm certainly not the only one..with FREE WILL IN THIS WORLD...BUT NAH..IT AIN'T TOO COMMON..NOR CONTROLLED BY SILLY LITTLE HUMAN ABSTRACT CONCEPTS OF LANGUAGE..SILLY LITTLE HUMAN COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE..OR SILLY LITTLE HUMAN COMPLEX CULTURAL..BRAIN WASHING ROUTINES..TO MOVE A HUMAN..AWAY FROM INSTINCT...AND THESE HIGHER HUMAN POWERS...AGAIN..OTHERWISE KNOWN AS GOD..

to subjugate..and control..freedoms...with great focus on reproductive freedoms specifically..for material gains..to make the herd the slave of those with the power..but nah..it ain't got to be that way...for those who find fullest human freedom..and the power of the connection of all that is...TO POWER THEIR LIFE....FOR FREE..WILL....

That ALL the big words in the world..will never likely be FULLY adequate to EVEN COME CLOSE TO FULLY describe...
IT..OTHERWISE KNOWN AS GOD...
or in other words again...

Let IT GO..flow...

AND MAY BE.. JUST MAYBE.. FIND GOD...

I also do not play the actor in someone else's play..

ergo..this response....;)..

I read your philosophy...but have seen it repeated over and over on this website.. already...from some folks proudly waving
their 'formed' atheist flags...just in slightly different words..with no REAL CREATIVE EFFORT...to describe the flow.. the water..not the form...or chalice...

THAT PART COMES FROM 'HE ART'.. NOT
INTELLECT...alone...

A DIVIDED MIND..IS ONLY HALF A MIND..

FOR POTENTIAL FULL INTELLIGENCE..THE MOST INCREDIBLE POWER CURRENTLY ..NOT fully UNDERSTOOD..IN THE UNIVERSE..AS HUMANS nowKNOW IT...

ALL MY OPINON..THOUGH...

AS THAT IS ALL PHILOSOPHY IS..PERSONAL OPINION..AS ALL HUMANS EXPERIENCE LIFE..UNLIKE EACH OTHER...SO EACH AND EVERY PERSON..ERGO..COULD POTENTIALLY DEVELOP THEIR OWN..philossophy..AND THATIS A GREAT IDEA IN MY ESTIMATION
SHARED OR NOT....
and agreed upon or not..

Your philosophy sounds reasonable to me for the truth of your life...

But complete nonsense for mine..as mine likely is too..for you....

Which makes a review of philosophy..a rather..strange thing to ask...

in just my opinion..but i have an open mind..and am always willing to entertain..the strange...

There is always the potential for another door to be opened as long as one mind stays opinion...to the
opinion of ALL OTHERS...NEVER DISCOUNTING A UNIQUE HUMAN BEING VIEW..AS
ONE CAN LEARN FROM ANYONE..GENIUS..OR NOT..ARTIST..OR NOT...

THE COMMON MAN HISTORICALLY..USUALLY DEVELOPS THE BEST PHILOSOPHIES..SIMPLY

AS THEY HAVE MORE TIME TO THINK....

THAT IS ALL
IT IS..

ANYWAY...

AGAIN...PERSONAL.. UNIQUE LIFE..OPINION....:)

NEVER A GOSPEL TRUTH..

AS GOD ONLY HAS EYES FOR THAT....

AND WE GET A PEEK EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE...
MOST FORTUITOUSLY ....

through folks Like the historical Jesus..Mohammad..and Buddha..and a round
of thousands of others..many complete..unknowns...

But never the less..ENLIGHTENED..SERVING GOD'S UNIQUE PURPOSE FOR 'EM...

THAT AGAIN..CAN ONLY BE FOUND THROUGH 'HE ART'...NOT INTELLECT...ALONE....

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 11:57 am

Philosofer123:

Do you believe the universe continues after your death?

And is it your belief your personal philosophy doesn't need to extend past the point of your dissolution?

Philosofer123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 Mar 2014, 1:07 pm

ZenDen wrote:
Philosofer123:

Yes.

ZenDen wrote:
And is it your belief your personal philosophy doesn't need to extend past the point of your dissolution?

What do you mean by a personal philosophy "extending" past the point of one's dissolution?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 1:36 pm

OH!..and a little more on HE ART for ya...

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/03/31/he-art/

My influence will be here long after i am dead...

As i create..

i am not an actor in some one else's play...

i write my life..

in ALL ways...

EternITy is SACRED LOVE..

NOT letters

or forms...
or words...

The water of the chalice is
what
IS
REAL..

The chalice holds no water..
'al one'...

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/03/31/al-one/

Last edited by aghogday on 31 Mar 2014, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 1:39 pm

aghogday wrote:
OH!..and a little more on HE ART for yah...

As i create..

i write my life..

in ALL ways...

NOT letters

or forms...
or words...

what
IS
REAL..

'al one'...

i agree with what you're saying about heart and mind being equally important--but i don't think philosofer123 will pay any attention to it. which is a shame, if you ask me, because it sounds like he could learn a lot from you. :)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 2:00 pm

starvingartist wrote:
aghogday wrote:
OH!..and a little more on HE ART for yah...

As i create..

i write my life..

in ALL ways...

NOT letters

or forms...
or words...

what
IS
REAL..

'al one'...

i agree with what you're saying about heart and mind being equally important--but i don't think philosofer123 will pay any attention to it. which is a shame, if you ask me, because it sounds like he could learn a lot from you. :)

Yes i know..but my strength is i never give up..i'm not trying to prove i'm right about anything on this site.

i'm just trying my bestest..to help folks be happy..and free as artists..instead of autists..

It saved my life..my soul..my spirit..and connection with what i
describe as GOD..
so i cannot help but try...

but anyway..i flow..i just let it go..

And with the darkness IS inspiration of yet..greater levels of light...

This site is my inspiration..unfortunately for the folks who inhabit it..
FOR the darkness they live..in.. with He art..instead of heart...

But if i can inspire them here in anyway..as i travel to other places to inspire others..
with greater propensity...toward simple human enlightenment.. that is a plus..

But i neither have limitation or expectation in life..What WILL be WILL be..

unless folks develop their
OWNED WILL..

not that of any other..
'al one'..

but with that said..
here's another copy of an inspiration..a few moments..ago..
from the darkness..
here...

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2014/03/31/al-one/

i am free!
and yes! i am a hungry
artist
too..;)
with an appetite
for the FULLEST LIFE..
as
WELL!:)

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 12:01 pm

Philosofer123 wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
Philosofer123:

Yes.

ZenDen wrote:

What do you mean by a personal philosophy "extending" past the point of one's dissolution?

Since we posit a universe after our death is it not rational to include this universe in our planning/learning/training as part of our goal after our dissolution? Is dissolution only an escape for you? Although you allow for other (and other's) states of mind (which don't violate the regression) you don't offer this as part of "your" philosophy.

No "Do not go gently....." for you my friend?

Philosofer123
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Apr 2014, 12:05 pm

ZenDen wrote:
Although you allow for other (and other's) states of mind (which don't violate the regression) you don't offer this as part of "your" philosophy.

Not true. I acknowledge that empathy is a fundamental consideration (see page 5), and I explicitly incorporate empathy into my guidelines for behavior (see pages 11-12). My philosophy is perfectly consistent with caring about what happens to others after one dies.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 9:42 am

Philosofer123 wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
Although you allow for other (and other's) states of mind (which don't violate the regression) you don't offer this as part of "your" philosophy.

Not true. I acknowledge that empathy is a fundamental consideration (see page 5), and I explicitly incorporate empathy into my guidelines for behavior (see pages 11-12). My philosophy is perfectly consistent with caring about what happens to others after one dies.

Thank you. Yes, I noticed your acknowledgement of empathy and it's benefits.

And I apologize: I was concentrating on the "my", as in your "my philosophy" and seeking more detail. A request to critique a "philosophy for all mankind" might be a simpler and more accurate request if there can be no reference to "you" (P123) in particular. I understand your wish for anonymity, but if anonymous "privacy" is not an issue, then questions should be responded to on a personal basis. I'm certain you notice we do a lot of that around here.

If your post is actually a request to critique a universal philosophy, I'd have responded to say you had a good teacher and commented appropriately, but with the reference to the "personal" nature of your request, and in order to do so in fact, I must ask personal questions and receive "personal" answers.

I'm perfectly happy & willing to engage in any direction you choose in this pleasant exchange.