Page 9 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 12:12 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Feralucce wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Oh for goodness sakes. Is it necessary for Christians to fight Christians? What about the Christian notion of forgiveness?

ANd this, Kraichgauer, is an example of why I have an issue with some of them... there is an assumption that because I can have an educated discussion about the man, his beliefs, and christianity... that I must be christian... and nothing is farther from the truth...

I am pagan... an Erisian, to be precise... a follower of the Grecco-roman goddess of mischief, chaos and humor...

However... what I was stating is that it is unpleasant to have a conversation with me on the subject of the bible and christian behavior due to the fact that I came to my place in the universe by way of being a baptist minister (ordained)...

Were I not a Christian, I might have been a devotee of Thor/Donar/Thunor, as he makes it rain for people's crops to grow, and unlike his Dad, Wodan/Odin, he actually goes out of his way to protect people.

It is good that you can admit that...

Right now, my bad place comes from the fact that someone very close to me is on her deathbed... she fought cancer for two years and actually beat it... but the radiation is actually killing her... she won't last the week... 3 days before she went south, her tests came back... cancer free...

I swear, if another believer tells me that it's all part of god's plan... I'm going to prison and they're gonna take a message to him, asking how giving her and her family hope is part of the plan of a merciful and loving god

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 12:22 am

Feralucce wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Feralucce wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Oh for goodness sakes. Is it necessary for Christians to fight Christians? What about the Christian notion of forgiveness?

ANd this, Kraichgauer, is an example of why I have an issue with some of them... there is an assumption that because I can have an educated discussion about the man, his beliefs, and christianity... that I must be christian... and nothing is farther from the truth...

I am pagan... an Erisian, to be precise... a follower of the Grecco-roman goddess of mischief, chaos and humor...

However... what I was stating is that it is unpleasant to have a conversation with me on the subject of the bible and christian behavior due to the fact that I came to my place in the universe by way of being a baptist minister (ordained)...

Were I not a Christian, I might have been a devotee of Thor/Donar/Thunor, as he makes it rain for people's crops to grow, and unlike his Dad, Wodan/Odin, he actually goes out of his way to protect people.

It is good that you can admit that...

Right now, my bad place comes from the fact that someone very close to me is on her deathbed... she fought cancer for two years and actually beat it... but the radiation is actually killing her... she won't last the week... 3 days before she went south, her tests came back... cancer free...

I swear, if another believer tells me that it's all part of god's plan... I'm going to prison and they're gonna take a message to him, asking how giving her and her family hope is part of the plan of a merciful and loving god

Trust me, I would never presume to tell you that such a thing is God's plan. My father-in-law just passed away late last year from cancer. He was unable to hold any food down, so had to be fed intravenously. That, of course, was just a temporary measure, and ultimately he was made comfortable as he starved to death. Luckily, he was unconscious toward the end.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 8:45 am

I know... and that is why I use qualifiers like the words "A LOT"...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 11:34 am

Feralucce wrote:
I know... and that is why I use qualifiers like the words "A LOT"...

Granted.