Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 1:22 am

Warsie wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Great, another person who is commenting on the clips without having seen them. They are not about human nature. They are about Libertarianism, and the U.S education system. They were posted because some people in this thread seem to be under the impression that Ayn Rand represents the complete spectrum of libertarian thought.

I was answering his 'chomsky has nothing on human nature' not the nature of your video.

I see. My mistake :oops:

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2014, 7:17 pm

There is only people who choose to interact with their surroundings, other humans, and animals the way they do, influenced by those close to them.
If there was such a thing a communism, it be a giant sprawl of shanty shacks cross the globe.
If there was such a thing as Democracy, we'd all be listing to country and rap.
If there was such a thing as Anarchy, I could kill rapists for fun.

But people choose not to accept these ideals as what would define Democracy, Communism, or Anarchy, instead to throw arguments with no backbone as monkeys fling poo. Politics.

Communism is a not only impossible, but a fantasy.
So is Democracy, Oligarchy, Tyranny, and Anarchy.
Voice of the People is what they all scream to reel you in,
but they all take more than they give.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 4:49 am

NTs think in terms of hierarchy.

Abolishing the current bourgeois will ultimately lead to the creation of a new bourgeois. I don't think humanity as a collective can comprehend the idea of a classless society as advocated in the Manifesto. The collective need for organizing a hierarchy seems to work against Communism being possible as proposed by Marx.

I don't know if Marx has ever been speculated to have Asperger's, but he was quite naive regarding human nature and how humans as a group behave. Or perhaps he was just very utopian in assessing how he thought humanity would progress. Much of his historical examinations were spot-on and well observed, but his ideals seem ignorant of how the masses think.

Theory of mind problem?

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 7:39 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
NTs think in terms of hierarchy.

Abolishing the current bourgeois will ultimately lead to the creation of a new bourgeois. 1 I don't think humanity as a collective can comprehend the idea of a classless society as advocated in the Manifesto. The collective need for organizing a hierarchy seems to work against Communism being possible as proposed by Marx.

I don't know if Marx has ever been speculated to have Asperger's, but he was quite naive regarding human nature and how humans as a group behave. Or perhaps he was just very utopian in assessing how he thought humanity would progress. Much of his historical examinations were spot-on and well observed, but his ideals seem ignorant of how the masses think.

Theory of mind problem?

There's a vast public relations apparatus which controls most public opinion. Give the PR firms complete control, and a few decades to play around with, and they can convince the masses to cheer as priests cut the beating hearts out of captives, just as we cheer today as the military carpet bombs foreign cities for private profit. There's really no bottom limit to how low we can be brought by propaganda, absent the ability to think critically and face harsh truths.

Last edited by Stannis on 01 Apr 2014, 9:35 am, edited 6 times in total.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2014, 7:43 am

Because it is. <(answer to OP)

FeralRobot
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Apr 2014, 6:43 am

Communism is given a bad name...
1. Because of the hierarchical, totalitarian worker's states of the USSR and the People's Republic of China. They were as much Communist as they were democratic (remember that the Soviet Union claimed to be both; the West lapped up the former so it could have more of an argument against Communism, but ridiculed the latter).
2. Because it is against what the capitalist elite wants, and since the elite owns the media, anti-Communism is spread by the media.

Quote:
Darwin. Dawkins. Haldane. Hamilton. Price. Wilson. Smith. Trivers.

Those are the people deserving of having a scholarly opinion on human nature.

Please do not contaminate their greatness with someone as utterly irrelevant as Noam Chomsky.

Try Marx, Bakunin, Proudhon, Kropotkin, Rocker, Einstein, Gandhi, Chomsky.

And just how is Chomsky - the "father of modern linguistics" and analytic philosopher - irrelevant?

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 3:36 pm

kazma wrote:
the idea behind it sounds ok i think

Hmmmm.... Let me think.... Oh, it's because tens of millions of people have been killed by communist regimes in a relatively short period of time. Communist regimes made the whole history of the Catholic church, the atrocities and genocides of ancient Babylon, Persia, and Assyria, Genghis Khan, and every other autocrat or humanitarian disaster in general look peachy. Ever heard of the Great Leap forward? Gulags in Russia? Pol Pot? The way that people live in North Korea? It gets a bad name because of every system of government it has the worst track record by far.

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2014, 4:15 pm

communism has bad name because of the meaning of the sub parts of the name and the meaning we attach to the entire word, communism.
communism is build up from the word community and the suffix ism.

community according to wikipedia "has two distinct meanings: 1) Community can refer to a usually small, social unit of any size that shares common values. The term can also refer to the national community or international community, and 2) in biology, a community is a group of interacting living organisms sharing a populated environment."

ism is suffix that stems from the old greek suffix ismos and isma
ismos being a suffix that, a suffix that forms abstract nouns of action, state, condition, doctrine; from stem of verbs.
isma is similar but more specifically expresses a finished act or thing done.

assuming that ism in communism stems from ismos and not isma and taking in regard the context in which the word is commonly used, communism could mean either of two things. the first would be something as a doctrine about the adherence to a community and its values. The second would be a doctrine about being living organisms sharing a populated environment, may or not be in a biological way.
so after all it might have three meanings.

i have never read marx's scriptues but it seams to me that the bad name stems from the belief that comunism is a doctorine about the adherence to social doctorine.

thanks to wiktionary for the etymology of ism.