Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2014, 1:17 pm

smudge wrote:
See, you can burn your bras if you're an A size. I can't do that. It would hurt and sag when exercising.

I don't know why some people seem to think that girls with smaller chests will have an easy time going braless.

I'm 30A and any excess movement will hurt if I'm not wearing a bra. It's uncomfortable.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 4:50 am

It's easy to alter bra if your problem is with the band size. Cup size is much harder to alter. I should be 30DD but I buy 34C bras. The cup size is the same as 30DD except the longer band. 34C are available everywhere, often on sale or in the clearance sections. All my bras have an original listed price of over $40, and I never paid more than $15 for each. If I want to be fancy I remove the clasp in the back, cut off some of the band and sew the clasp back on again. No trace of alteration visible. If I want a quick project I just cut the sides, overlap the band/lace or whatever and stitch them up with zigzag on sewing machine. Bras are all 100% synthetic now and they don't fray.

Check out this table on wikipedia for cup size reference. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassiere_ ... ast_weight Basically all the sizes listed in the same row are the same volume. So 36B = 34C = 32D = 30DD = 28E...etc.

emmiejohnson
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jan 2015, 7:49 am

It is really important to have a proper bras others it can create some problems related to your breast size, so make sure you have proper bras.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 12:21 pm

I'm getting really frustrated with bras and my breasts. My breast shape makes a good fit practically impossible. :wall: I'm sick of the misery.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 12:39 am

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
I am getting so annoyed by bras. I'm supposed to be wearing a 30H (US) but I get stuck wearing 32DD, 34D, 36C, and 36D instead because I can't find that size.

Are you anywhere near a Nordstrom or Dillards? Both of those stores carry 28 and 30 band sizes. There are also lots of online retailers who carry those sizes.

matangimia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jan 2015, 7:02 am

I have a small chest- B cup- but I hate not wearing a bra. It's very uncomfortable and I hate the feeling underneath clothes...Eurgh..
I wear a wire one in the day and a bralette thing at night- still a bit uncomfortable but I don't want to wear a wire one all the time.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 3:41 pm

You may be able to have some custom made for you. I'm not sure where you live, but that's a possibility. I'm also not sure of the price.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 3:54 pm

I recently went to Victoria's Secret and found a few amazingly comfortable sports bras with a wire. I hate wire bras, but these are actually great and don't hurt me. The sizes only go up to 36 DDD. I know that's basically the largest in the stores. I lucked out because I'm a 32-34 DDD in these sizes, but nonetheless, it's still a pain to find bras. I think my search finally ended with these.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/victori ... hImage=3BN

https://www.victoriassecret.com/victori ... ueType=OLS

https://www.victoriassecret.com/victori ... ueType=OLS

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 5:45 pm

My problem with bras is no matter how tight or loose. Fit, sagged, or tight, whatever sizes I tried on (whether wearing the right size or wrong ones); it always hurts my lower right breast no matter what. Even if it's not strapped/locked from the back. And no where else hurts. It's not muscle strain I'm sure of it.
In all kinds of materials either. Whether it's supported by wires, foams, and other straps/being strapless.
It only happens whenever I wear any bras. It randomly occurs, and no other reason why. :( It gets a bit painful whenever I inhale.

Does anyone know about this one? It's bugging me for years ever since I started wearing training bras.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2015, 7:27 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
My problem with bras is no matter how tight or loose. Fit, sagged, or tight, whatever sizes I tried on (whether wearing the right size or wrong ones); it always hurts my lower right breast no matter what. Even if it's not strapped/locked from the back. And no where else hurts. It's not muscle strain I'm sure of it.
In all kinds of materials either. Whether it's supported by wires, foams, and other straps/being strapless.
It only happens whenever I wear any bras. It randomly occurs, and no other reason why. :( It gets a bit painful whenever I inhale.

Does anyone know about this one? It's bugging me for years ever since I started wearing training bras.

Maybe you have a super sensitive nerve there? I have a spot on my right foot that's often itchy for no reason. The skin is absolutely normal and it just itch by itself. I suppose you can ask your doctor to check it. Make sure you don't have a cyst there or something.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 2:42 pm

I thought I had my bra size all figured out, but now I have to start all over again. Last year I stocked up on Bali bras, 32DD, and they weren't a perfect fit but good enough until I could find something better. Meanwhile I gave up looking for something else because it's such a nuisance. Now they have stretched out a lot and the elastic feels unbearably rough. I pulled out some of my old Maidenform bras that were a lot smaller and they felt better. I actually wondered if I needed to go down a cup size.

I don't remember Maidenform having any 32DD bras before, I sure never saw any in stores, but I noticed on Kohls website they were offering that size in a t-shirt bra. The most comfortable bra I've ever had, in terms of the material and smoothness, was a Maidenform t-shirt bra, so I thought yay, maybe now I can actually get those in the proper size. I ordered some just crossing my fingers that the cup size wouldn't be too big.

Well, I was so wrong, it was laughable. My boobs spilled over the top. I got the bras for a good price and didn't want to go out shopping for something different. So I tried to make it work. Maybe the cups would stretch a little? Nope. Sigh. Maidenform bras are known to run a little small, so I grudgingly went out shopping and tried some other brands. Nope. I haven't gained any weight, but my boobs are bigger. How the hell does that happen?! My estrogen must be out of control.

I happened to find one rare, lone 32G Natori bra at TJ Maxx. I almost didn't try it on because I thought it would be way too big. It fit much better than I expected. I still have a little spillage over the top. I wondered if this brand also tends to run small.

I finally got out the tape measure, and it proved the absolutely unbelievable, that I need a G cup. Also, my band size has gone down to 31 inches. Well I had noticed that the band seems a bit loose on all the 32 bras I've tried on...it's difficult to get them closed, but once they are on I can still pull the band way out in the back. Maybe I need to go down to a 30?

This is so aggravating. It's hard enough to find a 32 bra in a store that doesn't look like a training bra. And if they do have bigger cup sizes, it maxes out at a DD.

I guess I will have to make a trip to the more upscale shopping mall an hour away...I just hate dealing with the crowds and the noise there.

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
I am getting so annoyed by bras. I'm supposed to be wearing a 30H (US) but I get stuck wearing 32DD, 34D, 36C, and 36D instead because I can't find that size.

Did you ever find a good bra in a 30H? or a good place to shop for them at least?

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 2:49 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
My problem with bras is no matter how tight or loose. Fit, sagged, or tight, whatever sizes I tried on (whether wearing the right size or wrong ones); it always hurts my lower right breast no matter what. Even if it's not strapped/locked from the back. And no where else hurts.

I hurt sometimes in one spot on the right side, and it's because I have scoliosis and my shoulders are crooked. My right shoulder slopes down lower than the left, and my rib cage is a bit crooked. Any type of bra I wear will bind or pinch a bit more on the right than it does on the left. It's like the band or wire just hits the wrong spot on my ribcage.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 4:25 pm

I used to be an E or an H cup and my back, neck and shoulders were in constant pain. Due to the circumstances insurance actually paid for my all my surgery. I went from that size to a C cup and couldn't be happier. I do have a lot of scarring from it, but it was defiantly worth it.

My shirts used to look awkward on me. Now I can actually take a smaller size in shirt sometimes and I finally feel confident for once. I'm 5'2 and carrying around all that extra chest weight wasn't very healthy for me. Breast cancer also runs in one part of my family.

Sometimes it feels like I never had reduction until I think about it.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

sweeToxic
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Aug 2015, 10:21 am

To be honest, I don't wear them. Well.. I do... but I only wear them if a certain cosplay calls for it. Such as for example if I need my boobs to have a boost up to make sure people know I have them. My boobs sag mostly due to issues with weight. I've always struggled to wear underwire bras, even bras without them. I just can't stand it. They hurt, and they are a huge pain in my rear. D:

I always considered this to be a sensory issue for me. I think it's common in girls like us because we can't tolerate anything that feels constricting or whatever. Though, there are those that can. I prefer things that are loose and more comfy against my body than for them to be tight fitting and strangling it. :x This includes bras as well. Hence as I said before, I only wear them if I have to for a cosplay. Even then, it's usually just a sports bra. It also keeps them from bouncing around if I run or jog in my female cosplays (I'm usually a crossdresser when it comes to certain cosplays).

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2015, 5:46 am

Hello there myself I'm in a love hate relationship with my breasts. I'm a 36 dd some need support. Plus my nipples are large even when they are nor erect. This led to names at school like “peanut nipples“ plus I'll admit sensory wise the smallest touch makes them double in size socio almost always got my nips showing.
This can be embrassing a little but padded bra reduces the appearance of my nipples.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 10:00 am

Try googling 30H bras, I bet you can order online. Also, if you can find an H cup but not a 30, they make bra extenders you could add to the back of the bra to make the band bigger if you can find say a 28H.