Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

pinkgurl87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2014, 9:33 am

Very frustrated today. Staying at my mom's friend's house and she is talking about how I spill stuff on me all the time and said something about my social behaviour being inappropriate. :( She asked me why and I'm like I don't know. It's like I don't spill stuff on purpose. A lot of times I don't even notice. She was like maybe it's gross motor/ fine motor and then was like well you can draw and do art stuff. Does anyone have an issue with fine motor/gross motor stuff but is able to be artistic. Just really frustrating because I'm not trying to be clumpzy and a clutz can anyone relate.

Eye test score: 21
AQ test score: 40.0 , AQ-10: 7.0
(RAADS-R): 183.0

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 10:04 am

Not quite like that, but I work a bit slow because if I don't focus on what I'm doing, I'm likely to make a mess just flinging things about. My last job required speed, but the faster I went, the harder it was to do things correctly...especially as I grew more tired.

Most couldn't do the job, but clearly being able to do the job meant having good eye-hand coordination that was consistent at a higher work pace regardless of being tired.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 1:34 pm

I used to wonder why my mother would yell at me whenever I accidentally spilled things like juice or milk when I was a kid. Now that I'm an adult and buy my own and acknowledge how expensive the stuff is I think I understand now. Of course my mom doesn't yell at my dad when he spills or drops things. He can't help it because he has bad tremors in his hands for some reason. Just a week ago he almost dropped a whole pineapple on my foot! :lol:

The funny thing is that I've always been really good at drawing, writing, and making crafts and things that require detail. It's my gross motor skills that have always been a problem. As a kid I had a lot more trouble than other kids catching a ball, skipping rope, playing hopscotch. As for balancing and riding a two-wheel bike, forget it! It's very embarrassing to not be able to ride a bike, especially since I don't even drive a car and just want a little more independence. Why in the world do you have to learn to ride a bike with two flimsy, barely steerable wheels by the time you're five? I think whoever came up with that is a sadists! As a kid I tried learning to ride one but for some reason my parents apparently had never heard of something called training wheels and by the time they did I was over 5 and too old for them, and my they picked the worst person in the world to be my bicycling instructor: my brother. Yeah being laughed at, insulted, and humiliated are great teaching tools, bro. :roll: We didn't even wear helmets back then and falling and getting badly hurt and cut up and even stitches was supposed to be part of the learning. UGH!! ! But I've digressed. I've been told I have an eye for details and other things when I draw my cartoons. Sometimes it feels like that's the only thing I'm good at, and no one even taught me. :(

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2014, 2:32 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I used to wonder why my mother would yell at me whenever I accidentally spilled things like juice or milk when I was a kid. Now that I'm an adult and buy my own and acknowledge how expensive the stuff is I think I understand now. Of course my mom doesn't yell at my dad when he spills or drops things. He can't help it because he has bad tremors in his hands for some reason. Just a week ago he almost dropped a whole pineapple on my foot! :lol:

The funny thing is that I've always been really good at drawing, writing, and making crafts and things that require detail. It's my gross motor skills that have always been a problem. As a kid I had a lot more trouble than other kids catching a ball, skipping rope, playing hopscotch.

Up to this point, I identify with what was written here, even the drawing, writing and other detailworks that require a calm hand and skill-part. Though my mother is of a very calm nature, so one would have to cut the yelling part.
However, my balance seems to be pretty good though. no problems riding a bicycle, I could manage to use a skateboard fast as well (though I never use it for tricks or anything alike, it's just a comfortable movement device that I can take with me whereever I want to go, unlike a bicycle, which you have to put somewhere, lock and secure it).
Other than that... let's put it this way, I don't like to think back to the days of physical education in elementary school. :oops:

pinkgurl87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Mar 2014, 3:27 pm

ya makes sense. I think. I had trouble with double dutch in school I hated it it seemed like all the kids but me figured it out. I also was terrible at throwing. Though for some reason I did ok in soccer. I played floor hockey too mind you I did much better playing golie , volleyball was a whole other story could never shoot the ball where I wanted it, still can't. I hate that I spill stuff hate that I'm not normal.

Eye test score: 21
AQ test score: 40.0 , AQ-10: 7.0
(RAADS-R): 183.0