Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Bluestar113
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Apr 2005, 5:01 pm

no my mom loves me very much and I love her. she hated the school too, I sort of got stuck there I was too old with to many behavior problems to go to a better school

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2005, 5:47 pm

I'm 14 and I have lots of behavior problems to the point that I wed out of public school. :(

Bluestar113

16 Apr 2005, 6:11 pm

I actualy had very few behavior problems when Iwas in poblic school dot sent to the princibals office once for writeing I hate student teachers on a piece of paper. most of my problems started when I went away to school.

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2005, 7:12 pm

Originally, they were only in school...but I got suspended once, and my mom became mean, and they started at home too...she's using home-school to f**k up my life. :x

Bluestar113

16 Apr 2005, 9:11 pm

I think you are being a little hard on your mother.

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2005, 2:33 pm

An anti-Semite would love my mother...that's how bad she is(I'm Jewish). :x

Bluestar113

18 Apr 2005, 9:01 am

do you think maybe you just feel like this about your mom because you dont like what she has to say, what rules she has set?

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2005, 12:08 pm

And it's more and more with every passing day. :x

aspaware
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2005, 2:04 pm

To 171 New York

I can understand if you're having a tough time with your mother. I'm sure she is only trying to do what she thinks is best for you. Dont be too hard on her she probably loves you very much.

I speak from personal experience.I am a mother of a teenage boy with AS. Right now my heart is breaking and my life will never be the same again. Why because he left us ,I dont know where he is right now. H e thinks we as parents have done things to upset him but he has no idea that he has got it all wrong I understand why he thinks the way he does but he wont allow us the chance to explain. Hence we all, especially me his mother, must live in constant sadness and despair because I cant tell him how wrong he is and how much we love him.

Anyway I guess what I'm trying to say 171 is dont fall out with your mother she probably cares a great deal about you and perhaps you just need to talk to her a bit more help each other to understand what is really going on. The bond between a mother and child is very strong, I'm sure all she wants is to help you reach your full potential

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2005, 2:45 pm

171NewYork wrote:
My parents always say that boarding school is where people drug you up and restrain you 24/7...and they're threatening to send me there.

It sounds to me like you are well on your way ther due to the increasing problems with your parents. Just remember, if you get abused, neglected, mistreated in some way while at such a school, you can make and improvised prision spike out of a toothbrush by wrapping the head in cloth and rubber bands and sharpening the end of the handle.

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2005, 3:45 pm

She may think this is best, but it definetely isn't!! !! ! :x

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2005, 5:22 pm

I had some second thoughts about my last post. Gotta go right now, I'll explain later.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2005, 8:38 pm

Ok, so maye waiting to get locked away in the loony bin and then making everybody's life miserable by being violent isn't the best solution at the moment. I was removed a elemetery school that I really liked and had friends at due to behavior problems and sent to special ed. (despite having a 3.8 GPA) when I was in the 4th grade and sent home for the summer a couple weeks early in the 5th grade (illegal, but nobody would benifit from from reporting it). It was around that time that my parents gave serious considered sending me to a mental facility even though they were working desperately to find other alternatives and I started to show improvement a week before I was scheduled to go, so I managed to stay out of it.

I strongly doubt your parents are bluffing about sending you to a mental facility, but you could possibly make it work to your advantage if you act first. Rather than waiting for your parents to do an intervention on you, what if you negotiated terms of voluntary committment with them where you could choose where to go and the scope of the treatment. That way, you might be able to customize the treatment to your needs to help deal with your parent and other people better instead of having your parents dictate what they think is best. Maybe inspect a few different facilities and discuss treatment options with doctors and make getting to go back to a regular school part of the agreement with your parents. If none of that works, then you can consider using the toothbriush idea.

unspoken
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Apr 2005, 9:34 am

Dyspraxia isn't strictly on the spectrum, but I have social problems which are. They never really totally diagnosed me, but the last diagnosis report I read said they thought I may have ADHD as well because I have a really short attention span and I used to have terrible organisation. I do weird things, like I don't read in any logical order. I sometimes start at the bottom of the page and work up, and I usually read every paragraph twice, but still, I've always had a very high reading age.

The boarding part of my school has nothing to do with special needs, so whilst I have experienced coming back from a lesson to find that all my stuff has been moved into another room with other people, it's settled down lately and it's ok. I get very bored sometimes.

I think I have some kind of sensory problem, because repetitive noises make me violent. I've hit people before because they're making repetitive noises. I also get very uneasy when club music is played because of the strong beat and slamming doors makes me shudder involuntarily.

MapReader

17 May 2005, 2:51 pm

I'm surprised a number of people stating dyspraxia (ironically a tricky word to type) is not part of the diagnosis of ASD. Tony Attwoods book states various research reports it occurs in between 50% and 90% of cases. So it's not universal, but more than likely.

For me, it was what clinched my self-diagnosis. I was already pretty sure AS described all the problems I had in childhood, then I came to the chapter of his book that said the first sign is often a delay in learning to walk. I didn't learn to walk till I was two. I was late learning to tie shoelaces and tie ties, and my hand-writing is still bad. Any kind of sport was hopeless.

I've recovered from much of it. I've even worked leading walking holidays, and run marathons. Never did learn to ride a bike.