Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 7:32 pm

i feel creepy but always get told that i am cool.

Al725
Toucan
Toucan

29 Mar 2014, 7:54 pm

billiscool wrote:
this is what I look like

Er...Maybe the hair could be restyled. Do you have a cowlick? I do and becuase of that There are a limited number of styles that won't make me look like a freak.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 8:22 pm

I was thinking either longer hair or shorter. That approaching middle length is a bit awkward. I think you should try growing it out a bit and see how it looks and then if you don't like it longer try it shorter. The great thing about hair is that it always grows back. But as long as you are comfortable in how you look that is what is most important.

Wreck It Ralph

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 10:33 pm

AdamAutistic wrote:
i feel creepy but always get told that i am cool.

Because you ARE cool!

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 11:55 pm

Just because you are an Aspie doesn't mean you can't have a winning personality, and if you have one, that qualifies for cool.

The avatar is Brock Lesnar, a crazy strong musclehead fighter. I would guess that he has rocks for brains and zero personality, but he could probably bend a steel girder. To my mind, however, that doesn't really qualify for cool.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 11:58 pm

I actually like his avatar, but mostly because he resembles it. I think he's cute and I don't iron my shirt either.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2014, 12:18 am

Wozeree, you're so nice. I think billiscool looks almost as goofy as I do. Oh, my CD is on its way but it can only be played on a machine that reads MP3 formatting.

princess_elena
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2019, 12:26 am

Sorry to bring this thread back from dead. Im new here n im totally the weird n creepy type. Everywhere i go people steer clear of me. Anyone who see me can just tell there is s.t wrong with me. Im that obvious.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2019, 2:20 am

billiscool wrote:
I've wonder about this,OK Im a weird guy,
but alot of people like me,yet other ASD guys
are weird,but creepy to people,that people
are scared of them,or avoid of them.

How am I able to pull of being weird,while
other ASD men can't.

You don't fight it. You laugh with them, at least in the sense of being aware and performing. Emo Phillips may have been the prime example of that. It probably also helps if one's special interest is air ducts rather than women's shoes, for example.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2019, 9:26 am

Dear_one wrote:
billiscool wrote:
I've wonder about this,OK Im a weird guy,
but alot of people like me,yet other ASD guys
are weird,but creepy to people,that people
are scared of them,or avoid of them.

How am I able to pull of being weird,while
other ASD men can't.

You don't fight it. You laugh with them, at least in the sense of being aware and performing. Emo Phillips may have been the prime example of that. It probably also helps if one's special interest is air ducts rather than women's shoes, for example.

Everyone has always thought I'm weird. Some people think I'm crazy/creepy-weird, others think I'm cool-weird. I don't really try to do much to influence that. The people I consider my friends naturally fall into the second category.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 7:44 pm

To turn creepy into cool, when a behaviour is noticed, repeat it with an exaggeration to get a laugh. That way, people won't think you were really serious the first time.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 8:31 pm

I've been either and both in various accounts.

I still don't know why!! !

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 9:01 pm

I asked about this awhile ago. I asked around and it is most likely a mix of how you feel in yourself and how you look. If you are confident in and or joke about your weirdness it seems to be ok. I joke about it and apologise when my weirdness upsets someone so people know I am kind at least. Having a not too bad face helps, you don't have to be gorgeous or anything - I know I'm not. However there are still variables that I do not know as I know someone who follows these requirements but is polarising. Many either become creepily obsessed with her or hate her. I think for me what tips the scale is there is that my vulnerabilities make people want to protect me - don't quite know why but I guess you can't with everything. In general, I think not taking yourself too seriously is probably a plus!

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2019, 4:58 am

Eye of the beholder