When someone asks you if you would beat someone up

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kaiouti
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Apr 2014, 1:53 am

Willard wrote:
That's when you say "Nah, I'm not much of a fighter. That's why I carry a gun." :wink:

THATS A GOOD ONE! :)

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 1:50 am

I'm not sure I'd even care what some poor drunk on a bus said or asked me. But if that was me I'd have asked him why he wanted to know and if he kept bothering me I'd have told him to f**k off. Maybe it's your size yet something in your face tells weirdos that you're friendly enough to approach and speak to. As for myself no one's asked me that but ever since my first big growth spurt in my teens I noticed older men would often give me the 'it's the quiet ones you've got to watch' line and slap me on the back playfully or wink or something. Looking back it's pretty pathetic that they were men usually in their 30s and 40s telling me they were wary of me, a kid, probably just because of my height and quiet nature. Another example is drinking with older guys and they'd say something like 'I don't fight any more, my (insert nephew/cousin etc) does it for me'. I'd just nod politely but inside I'm thinking 'I'm not going to try and fight you, you stupid old coward so you don't need to tell me that'. I've always put this down to my being 6ft tall even though it doesn't seem that impressive to me. A lot of these types of guys would probably have been fighters when they were younger and spending a life being violent losers probably makes them think they'll get their comeuppance from a younger man one day.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 3:20 am

The guy was drunk and probably a hobo type. That sort of talk is normal in those states.

To answer your question, yes, I would beat someone up, if I had a very good reason to. Nor would I feel bad about it. I am not violent or angry a lot in real life, but if someone tries to endanger my safety, then yes, I would definitely do it.

So far the worst I've ever done to anyone was smack up this boy when I was about 9 years old for continuing to verbally bully me.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 4:20 am

If someone asked me to beat someone up I'd be more than a bit worried.

I'd probably question them on why they are asking me such a thing, before refusing to do their dirty work for them.