Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

einsteinmyhero
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2014, 6:28 am

I vibrate my leg or repeat a word I recently said.People often tell me to stop with my leg.

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 6:34 am

Rocking (doing that while writing the post) at different paces (depending on how I feel like), vibrating/bouncing leg or swinging it, and "moving fingers", no idea how to describe the last one, pretty much like rubbing my thumb against my index and ring finger. :?

sonataform
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Apr 2014, 7:05 am

i make this throat noise like I'm clearing my throat...I want to stop it but it's so ...addictive. I have learned to do it when I am on my own (or think I'm on my own)

outsidein
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Apr 2014, 7:18 am

einsteinmyhero wrote:
I vibrate my leg or repeat a word I recently said.People often tell me to stop with my leg.

I do the leg thing too!

Also flicking my fingers or tapping sequences of fingers against thumb. I do this all the time. Or on my leg under the table if I'm in a meeting or something.

If a chair is in any way bouncy, I'll bounce on it.

KTLLo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Apr 2014, 8:34 am

Looks like I do all the above. 8O plus finger biting/sucking, hand flapping, :wall: (I don't know how to say, but that is :wall:) Making different noise (like one make by monkey).

Last edited by KTLLo on 02 Apr 2014, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Apr 2014, 10:32 am

I do this a lot - leg bouncing, finger tapping, hand flapping, biting fingernails and finger tips, biting, tasting and chewing plastic and saying nonsense words.

TaciturnPhantom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Apr 2014, 10:46 am

Vibrating my right leg, grinding my teeth, moving my head in a certain direction (for no reason), squeezing my hands together and rocking back and forth.

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2014, 10:50 am

I used to vibrate my leg but only when sitting down.

my ex hated it and I've learned not to now, sometimes when I'm chilling out alone I'll do it from time to time but not around other people.

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 11:10 am

Vibrating my leg, wringing my hands, chewing my inner lips and cheeks, dancing to invisible music, clapping hands, jumping.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

Terrodactal
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Apr 2014, 5:01 pm

I shake my leg a lot but I don't really consider that a stim as I see most NTs do that as well, just less often I guess.
My most common ones are wringing my hands and running my thumb in between my index and middle finger. I also pace a lot whenever I can, though that one makes a lot of people mad. I rock back and forth as well, I know. I try not to do so noticeably but there's no stopping it usually as I don't notice when I start.

I also still flap my hands, but I try to keep that one private since it's apparently the most questionable one. My dad used to make me sit on my hands when we were in public to stop me from fidgeting about like that and sometimes I still find myself doing that.

-Sherlock Holmes, A Case of Identity

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 5:49 pm

I howl and meow in places where it's inappropriate. I feel happy doing it. That's why it's a Stim.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 8:51 pm

Terrodactal wrote:
I shake my leg a lot but I don't really consider that a stim as I see most NTs do that as well, just less often I guess.
My most common ones are wringing my hands and running my thumb in between my index and middle finger. I also pace a lot whenever I can, though that one makes a lot of people mad. I rock back and forth as well, I know. I try not to do so noticeably but there's no stopping it usually as I don't notice when I start.

I also still flap my hands, but I try to keep that one private since it's apparently the most questionable one. My dad used to make me sit on my hands when we were in public to stop me from fidgeting about like that and sometimes I still find myself doing that.

I still hand flap constantly. I also flick my fingers or bite myself or head bang when I am really upset.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2014, 8:51 pm

Terrodactal wrote:

I still hand flap constantly. I also flick my fingers or bite myself or head bang when I am really upset.

Terrodactal
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Apr 2014, 8:55 pm

BeggingTurtle wrote:
Terrodactal wrote:

I used to bite my arms a lot when I was younger. I'm not sure if I was taught out of that one or if I "grew" out of it, though.

Do you ever get like, really stupid questions about the hand flapping? A few weeks ago I was getting really excited about something and found myself flapping my hands. A friend laughed and asked "Are you trying to be a bird?"

I got really embarrassed and didn't want to explain it to her so I just stilled myself.

-Sherlock Holmes, A Case of Identity

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 12:16 am

I do several things, usually just one at a time though. I rock, I rub my feet together especially if they are bare, I rub my eyebrows or my forehead, I knead my calf or thigh muscles, I flex and extend my fingers, sometimes I repeat words or phrases to myself, sometimes I shake my leg, I hum or sing a phrase from a song or a whole song repetitively, I have toys that I hold or I might figit with an object in my hands, I rub smooth or soft or silky objects, I pace. These are the ones I can think of, there may even be more ways.

Wreck It Ralph

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2014, 2:29 am

Lots of rocking. Running my hands back and forth on my legs when sitting. Or running my hand up and down my arm. Hand wringing and finger twisting. Humming/moaning/growling.