James Holmes Wants Change Of Venue For His Upcoming Trial

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 2:48 pm

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/07/c ... -coverage/

I don't think this guy is going to get a fair trial, regardless of venue. What do you think?

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 3:50 pm

Both James Holmes and Adam Lanza are sons of Fathers scheduled to testify in the LIBOR international banking scandal, involving trillions of dollars globally.

James Holmes could be sentenced to a mental facility, where he might actually qualify for parole one day, if he's deemed 'cured' of all psychoses.

Peter Lanza has another son to think about.

Can you say "leverage"?

There's never been anything fair about any of it from the beginning, it's all a puppet show.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 6:21 pm

I think he should be kept in a mental institution, make an example on how to treat the mentally ill

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 6:38 pm

It is unfortunate if one cannot get a fair trial in a country that guarantees citizens to the right of a fair trial. What does that say about the system is what people should think about.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2014, 7:52 pm

All this bickering over non issues.

He will either be prosecuted and sentenced to life, or he will endup a roomate of John Hinkley in a booby hatch for the rest of his life. Those are the only two possible outcomes. He's not going to be found innocent, and be let scott-free. And if he is put an institution he will be "cured" in the same timeframe as John Hinkley- probably never. So either way its a life sentence.

So the defence says he can't get a fair trial in Arapaho county Colorado.

They didnt say he "couldnt get a fair trail in the whole country"- just not in that one little flyspeck on the face of the USA called Arapaho county. So theyre asking for a 'change of venue' which is a common request built into the law.

So he will either be tried locally, or he wil be tried five hundred miles away someplace else in the USA . He will be either sentenced to life imprisonment, or life in a mental institution.

Any of the above is fine with me.

I dont see the problem.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 11:49 am

Given the wall to wall coverage of the original incident I'd say that a 'fair' trial would be difficult to impossible. For starters you would need to find twelve jurors who don't watch TV.

chris5000
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 7:38 pm

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
Given the wall to wall coverage of the original incident I'd say that a 'fair' trial would be difficult to impossible. For starters you would need to find twelve jurors who don't watch TV.

they should just get Amish jurors then

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2014, 11:47 pm

Quote:
Defense attorneys argued in their motion for a change of venue that James Holmes cannot get a fair trial in Arapahoe County because of “pervasive media coverage” of the case locally and “the undeniable impact of the tragedy on the community itself.”

Where do they want to move it to, to avoid the “pervasive media coverage”? Mars, Venus, Pluto? :chin:

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 10:09 am

Britain? Or rather, fly out some British jurors and a judge.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2014, 8:31 pm

I think there is information being held back about his mental state on the night of his rampage. I don't recall anything being said about any possible drug usage, but I notice his eyes the next morning looked like he was out of his mind insane, brain split, totally removed from reality. Anytime I have seen him since then he has looked totally normal. I don't know if he had been awake for a prolonged period of time just before the night of the shooting or what, for that brief period of time he seemed to be zoned out on elephant tranquilizer or something. Maybe something has been released since July that I missed.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2014, 7:22 am

Hmm , I wonder if black men rape him in the shower while whispering "why so serious ?" in his ear (black humor , sorry) :?