Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2005, 6:47 pm

TB,

All you can do is try. :?

I'm glad you posted your opinion. I gave me the currage to post mine. :)

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2005, 6:51 pm

171NewYork mate.... pal..... chum..... mucker.... You really need to get a grip - especially at your tender age. Just let it lie..... get depressed about it for a few months and then move onto the next one the same as everybody else does (or so I've been told :?) - that's the way it works, trust me.....

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2005, 10:39 pm

I don't think this is a good place to be putting things like that petition. It names someone who does not even know that her name and highschool and where-abouts are available for the entire world to see.

How dare you do this to someone without their permission!! ! With all the problems of privacy and safety related to the internet, I would think that what you have done is legally wrong.

You just keep doing what you are doing young man, while refusing to listen to the good advice of others and you will find yourself in serious trouble with the law.

And considering you have been warned about this behaviour, you will be the cause of whatever consiquences you draw upon yourself.

What gave you the right to take away this young ladies choice about who has access to her personal details. And What choice does she have when the whole world has access to it. You say you made the petition sight permintant? I would suggest quickly figuring out a way to change that!

Moderators, I would also think that it would be wise to delete the link from this site.

If I am out of line here then ...whatever...I tend to have a very strong voice for those who have theirs ignorantly taken from them.

Elfman's daily 'poor me' message, brought to you by "It's All About Me" free to air frequency.
Thankyou for you subscription!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2005, 5:48 am

AntiEverything wrote:
To the contrary I think Samantha will find the petition flattering. Females like males to admire them in a romanic way publically and to let everyone know about it, it elevates their sense of pride and gives them a sense of social worth.

What makes you say that? If someone I totally wasn't interested in did that I would just be angry.

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2005, 10:18 am

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2005, 11:30 am

TB_Samurai wrote:
This is what happens when I try to help people. I give them advice, but they won't accept it. Maybe I should just give up trying to help people.

No, it is very nice that you try to help people by giving advice. But please don't expect that your advice will always be accepted. It is only a suggestion, and the recipient may like it or not. If they reject your advice, they don't do it to demean or offend you. At least this is how I see it, correct me if I am wrong.

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2005, 1:13 pm

Was this a joke? Al-Qaeda was planning things on your trolley?

If it *was* serious you should stick with facts you can support. You say crime is up? Where are the stats to back that up? Gang members ride it to your area? Do the local police agree?

BeeBee :(

Last edited by BeeBee on 19 Apr 2005, 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2005, 1:54 pm

It's not a trolley...it's a diesel-powered bus.

And my solution is to simply make people use the state-owned buses that already operate in the same place as these things!

And I have proof crime is up...since then, there has been more crime in my neighborhood, and I've seen vandalism only since they came only on the street that they run on.

And terrorists wouldn't drive into the city, they'd get caught...these things have less security than the state-owned buses, so wouldn't you take one of these if you were a terrorist planning to kill 3,000 people?

And Paterson is full of gangs, so it has made it extra-easy for them to access Fair Lawn...also, there has been gang activity at my local HS(yes, the same one where Samantha goes)only since they came, even though it is 1.5 miles away from anywhere these jitneys run.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2005, 1:58 pm

171NewYork wrote:
And I have proof crime is up...since then, there has been more crime in my neighborhood, and I've seen vandalism only since they came only on the street that they run on.

Learn the difference between correlation and causation.

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2005, 2:19 pm

171NewYork wrote:
It's not a trolley...it's a diesel-powered bus.

Okay, I stand corrected.

171NewYork wrote:
And my solution is to simply make people use the state-owned buses that already operate in the same place as these things!

And I have proof crime is up...since then, there has been more crime in my neighborhood, and I've seen vandalism only since they came only on the street that they run on..

Excellent! I'm glad you are gotting involved in local issues. Since this is the jest of your petition, it should be stated more forcefully, perhaps at the beginning of the petition. Also, it helps to use outside stats, like increase in police calls, arrests, convinctions...that type of thing.

171NewYork wrote:
And terrorists wouldn't drive into the city, they'd get caught...these things have less security than the state-owned buses, so wouldn't you take one of these if you were a terrorist planning to kill 3,000 people?

No, actually I would drive. I used to have annual training in NJ and we would drive all over so I'm not sure what has changed to make it so one can't get in via auto. If I were a terrorist I would not count on mass transit which can run late.

In any case, as its unlikely you can prove the busses were used in the planning of the 9/11 attacks, it is best to leave that part out.

The petition is a great step in the right direction. A little editing of it may make your cause go better.

BeeBee