Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 8:32 pm

hi guys, my sister and dad said that people with autism dont start puberty till later.

so, when did you start

i guess, being a girl, i officially started when i was 12, but i never really been like the other girls, i only stopped playing with toys when i was 13, and now i guess i wear bras, deoderant but other than that, i dont wear make up, im a virgin, i dont buy my own clothes, i dont have any interest in getting a boyfriend/ girlfriend. i still collect toys, play games, hell i still role play.

so i guess im still going through puberty,

Who here was a late bloomer?

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Apr 2014, 8:37 pm

Not sure if there's any weight to that, but I started a bit later. I still have no facial hair and can't grow any apart from the odd bits on my chin. Normal public hair yes, the rest of the hair I haven't managed to grow.

Edit: Sort of misread the question. In terms of "growing up" I still haven't fully grown up. I never played with toys much anyway, but I'm still a big kid.

Last edited by jayjayuk on 16 Apr 2014, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 8:38 pm

LOL! I played with action figures like an 8 yr. old little boy into age 16 (I'm a girl). My dad MADE ME throw away ALL my toys. :-( I would litterly get on the floor pew pew POW POW! Superman figure vs. Batman (or whatever figures I had) Using my imagination and such. After that I got into video games heavily and still have that interest. I never bothered with Cosmo or make up either. I'm 28 so sort of long for friends and a boyfriend. Honestly (no offense to anyone). I've questioned do I WANT to meet a group of Aspies would I feel "ok" there or comfortable or WEIRD! Out of place (since everyone on the spectrum is different). After reading a new Asperger's book I'm warming up to the idea lately and might try it sometime.

Still watch cartoons MLP and Adventure Time and geek out to stuff. For instance just watched Arrow OMG OMG OMG OMG! EPIC AWESOME! Yet family NTs don't find it interesting or get as excited as I do they are busy with work or "life" to get OMG! excited over a show or episode of something. So I can relate. :-)

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 8:46 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
LOL! I played with action figures like an 8 yr. old little boy into age 16 (I'm a girl). My dad MADE ME throw away ALL my toys. :-( I would litterly get on the floor pew pew POW POW! Superman figure vs. Batman (or whatever figures I had) Using my imagination and such. After that I got into video games heavily and still have that interest. I never bothered with Cosmo or make up either. I'm 28 so sort of long for friends and a boyfriend. Honestly (no offense to anyone). I've questioned do I WANT to meet a group of Aspies would I feel "ok" there or comfortable or WEIRD! Out of place (since everyone on the spectrum is different). After reading a new Asperger's book I'm warming up to the idea lately and might try it sometime.

Still watch cartoons MLP and Adventure Time and geek out to stuff. For instance just watched Arrow OMG OMG OMG OMG! EPIC AWESOME! Yet family NTs don't find it interesting or get as excited as I do they are busy with work or "life" to get OMG! excited over a show or episode of something. So I can relate. :-)

I don't think toys and cartoons can be "outgrown", cause there's nothing to outgrow except old clothes.

You can lose interest in them, but I don't see "outgrowing" really.

When I think of puberty, I think about when I started gaining an interest in sex, and figuring out (more so) who I was; that actually started around age 12 for me. I didn't fall in love with music til my late-teens though, if that helps any....

Minionkitty
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2014, 8:49 pm

I hit "puberty" at age 10 or 11.. Quite early. (That's when I got my monthly time, anyway) I played with dolls and things like that until I was 16. I still have tons of stuffed animals. I watched the Family Channel (Canadian equivalent to the Disney Channel) until last year. I love Despicable Me, which is a cartoon. I still haven't really matured.

ASD/Asperger's Syndrome traits; diagnosed August 2014
IQ 120
(Diagnosed using the DSM-IV, not DSM-5)

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 9:03 pm

ZombieBrideXD wrote:
i guess, being a girl, i officially started when i was 12, but i never really been like the other girls, i only stopped playing with toys when i was 13, and now i guess i wear bras, deoderant but other than that, i dont wear make up, im a virgin, i dont buy my own clothes, i dont have any interest in getting a boyfriend/ girlfriend. i still collect toys, play games, hell i still role play.

I do not understand. You seem to equate puberty and social conformity. I am 33 years old and do not wear a bra, deodorant, or make-up. Doing those things does not mark puberty, but puberty is characterized by increased concerns with fitting in generally.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Apr 2014, 9:16 pm

I'd say I was normal or maybe a bit early, like 11 or 12. Now emotionally... That's a whole other story.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 9:57 pm

Well technically 10 that is when I started wearing bras, but didn't have my period till I was 12...and well can't say I have grown much since that age just have gotten a bit taller.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 10:09 pm

I started going through puberty at an earlier age than most people and I was scarred for life when I started that nightmare at the age of 10. I almost committed suicide that year. I had this monthly nightmare and I was being chastised for talking about my special interests. I don't miss the second half of the 80s at all.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 10:56 pm

I started puberty at age nine. In 6th grade I got my period and got a woman's body and it was very hard for me and my boobs went through a growth spurt too than just my whole body and I got teased for my all of a sudden big breasts. They went from a A cup to a D cup.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 11:07 pm

I had my first cycle at 11, Thanksgiving morning. I passed out. :D I also started bras at around 11. I played with dolls and stuffed animals until 16. I still play with toys though, just not dolls. Toy animals now, some are stuffed. I kept my virginity until marriage as did my husband, spiritual reasons for him and spiritual for me too but I was also not into dating or those kinds of relationships so it would not have been anything for me to have never been intimate with someone if I had never married. In fact my first kiss was my wedding kiss.

Wreck It Ralph

Wags
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Apr 2014, 11:35 pm

7th grade, around 12 years old for me. (Male).

FireyInspiration
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2014, 11:58 pm

I don't remember much of my body changing, but 6th grade (11 years old) was when I had my first crush, so I'm thinking that's when it started for me. I'm a guy

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 12:09 am

I was a late bloomer. My body didn’t start changing until I was a Freshman/Sophomore in High School.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 4:43 am

I'm a slow bloomer so far. I think I'm like a 2.2 on the Tanner scale at age 13 and 8 mos, with 5.5 being max puberty development.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 4:55 am

Nope, I was an average/early bloomer. I started developing when I was eleven and I started to wear makeup when I was twelve. My NT sister is another story. I think she started developing when she was thirteen and she still doesn't wear makeup at the age of fourteen.