Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 4:55 am

Nope, I was an average/early bloomer. I started developing when I was eleven and I started to wear makeup when I was twelve. My NT sister is another story. I think she started developing when she was thirteen and she still doesn't wear makeup at the age of fourteen.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 5:02 am

I hit puberty at about 11, just when I was starting High School. I started my periods at 13, which was literally exactly 2 years after I started puberty.

I stopped playing childish games at about 13, and only sometimes played with toys when I was 14, but only when I was alone in my room. Then I stopped playing all together when I was 15, except for when my little cousins came round, but that's different.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 3:47 pm

I was 12 when I first got my period, and wore my first bra about a year or two before that. My voice hasn't changed much however; I would often get comments on how much I sound like a teenage girl although I'm in my twenties. I would still occasionally watch some cartoons and play video games.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 6:13 pm

I was 14, when I had my first period - as the last of the girls in my class. I had been wearing a bra for one year, - filled out with cottonwool. Developed natural filling at 16. :)

Personally, I was more childlike and didn´t understand much about the girl-boy games.

Last edited by Jensen on 18 Apr 2014, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 8:08 pm

I hit puberty when I was 9. I didn't think much about it until three years later, when I had my first crush at the age of 12.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 8:53 pm

Phhsically, I started puberty at 13. I had a big growth spurt and I started my period then. Emotionally, I'm still very much a kid. I still like cartoons, dolls, and listening to the music I listened to as a little girl.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2014, 9:16 pm

Yes, I went through puberty and started menstruating at 13 but maybe late in my 13th year, I don't remember but most girls in my year already had their periods, though some had just gotten theirs a little earlier than me. So I was a little bit late with puberty.

I also thought you meant emotional development and being immature. In that way I'm a VERY LATE bloomer. In fact I'm still waiting to bloom... :)

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2014, 5:39 am

do you mean the body or the mind?
if it is body than no, mine started changing really early. If it is mind then yes. I played running children games until I was 14 or so (others stopped at 10) and I still like "child" stuff like cartoons 8)

qawer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2014, 5:42 am

They say people with AS on average has the social maturity of someone 2/3 their own age.

At age 27, that would mean I think like a 18-year old. Probably right.

linatet
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2014, 5:56 am

qawer wrote:
They say people with AS on average has the social maturity of someone 2/3 their own age.

At age 27, that would mean I think like a 18-year old. Probably right.

but this scale should be adjusted by age. There is a greater difference of a 18 acting like a 12 than a 27 acting like a 18. The discrepancy is higher the younger the age.
I think my case is like that: I am 19, look like 16 and think I am 14. But I don't stimate maturity because it is harder to stimate as I am immature for some things but very mature for others.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Apr 2014, 6:17 am

The physical things happened at about the same age they were happening for my peers, 11/12.

I had no interest whatsoever in sex before about 15 or 16, which I think was much later than my peers. I still find the whole concept a bit... icky.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2014, 10:29 am

I don't even know.

When I hear people talking about puberty, it's a complete mystery to me.

alwaysnow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Apr 2014, 7:09 pm

Not sure if I have actually bloomed yet in the social/emotional sense, feel more like 1/2 my age in that regard.

Had the closest to a crush I've ever had with someone this year, but although we met regularly at work and got along better than anyone I've ever been in contact with before I had no idea how to bring things any further, either as a potential girlfriend or just as a friend. When I am around other people I often feel very young and naive in a sense (even with people many years younger than me) which combined with being "socially blind" makes it virtually impossible for me to really connect and initiate anything with other people outside of the concrete settings I'm in.

Don't know when this will change if ever, but I've tried now at least.

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 5:11 pm

None of what I'm reading sounds that odd to me. The OP definitely sounds normal for her age ie role playing and stuff. There's people in their 30s and 40s that still play D&D. I'm 29 and last year I went back and started watching Pokemon Indigo League again just for the nostalgia of being a teenager in the 90s. Personally I had 3 or 4 major crushes from about the 3rd grade to 10th but no interest in letting the girls know or doing anything about it. I think I finally started to get hair under my arms at about 13 which might be kind of late for boys and I didn't shoot up to about 6ft until I was 16 or 17. I've described myself as a late bloomer before with milestones like sex, getting a licence, trying marijuana. I never felt urged to do them, maybe just lie about doing them because they seemed so important to everyone else.

Last edited by Dan_Undiagnosed on 30 Apr 2014, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jly88
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Apr 2014, 6:35 pm

I think I started puberty (i.e., "developing") when I was about 9 or 10 and got my period when I was 12. I stopped growing when I was about 14-15 and stopped developing at around 16 or 17. So my growth/development trajectory was pretty typical, I s'pose.

As for emotional maturity, well, I'm still trying to make up for the lag. I'm a 26 year-old with the brain of an 18 year-old and feel at this rate that that's as close to being an adult as I'm ever going to get :(

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2014, 11:21 pm

I reached puberty at 15.
I also got my first bra at 15.
Until then I hated getting dressed for gym class.
All the other girls wore bras and I still looked like a little girl.